Kyle Lamb Was There Oct 3rd 1993 BlackHawk Down

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I was deployed to Somalia in March of 1993 on the JSOTF under UNISOM. Kyle Lamb went thru the Special Forces "Q" course in 1989 and graduated with me in August of 1990. Eventually he went to Team Delta at FT Bragg NC and I went to 5th Special Forces Group in Ft Campbell KY. We were both there. I was there before he was deployed by President Clinton to kill or capture Mohamed Farrah Aidid.

He says that Ilhan Omar wasn't even in the country when this happened. She had already immigrated to Kenya.

Here's his take on Ilhan Omar and her complaints about American Troops in Somalia:

Ilhan Omar isn't even her real name. Omar Silent on New Claims That She Has a Different Real Name and Entered Country Fraudulently - The Ohio Star

I saw the change that took place in Mogadishu once Clinton's policies started taking hold. He took their guns, which to Muslims is an outright insult. Then he and the UN General Secretary Boutros Boutros-Ghali - Wikipedia conspired to murder Aidid. In the process he ended up murdering hundreds of Somalis. Iran helped train local Somalis to shoot down our choppers and this set the stage for BlackHawk Down on October 3rd 1993 in the battle of Mogadishu.

"Bloody Monday" attack on peace discussions
On July 12, 1993, a US-led operation led to the event Somalis call Bloody Monday.[27] According to American war correspondent Scott Peterson, a group of Somali elders had gathered at a house to discuss a way to make peace to end the violence between Somali militias and the UN forces.[27] The gathering had been publicized in Somali newspapers the day before the attack as a peace gathering.[27] After being tipped off by an undercover operative, American Cobra attack helicopters launched TOW Missiles and 20 mm caliber cannon fire at the structure.[27] According to a Somali survivor, American ground troops killed 15 survivors at close range with pistols, a charge American commanders deny.[27] According to the International Committee of the Red Cross, there were over 200 Somali casualties.[28] Four Western journalists were killed at the scene by Somalis following the attacks.[27]

The number of Somali fatalities was disputed. Abdi Qeybdiid, Aidid's interior minister, claimed 73 dead, including women and children who had been in the safe house. The reports U.S. Admiral Jonathan Howe got after the attack placed the number of dead at 20, all men. Aidid was not present.

The operation would lead to the deaths of four journalists – Dan Eldon, Hos Maina, Hansi Kraus and Anthony Macharia – who were killed by angry mobs when they arrived to cover the incident,[29] which presaged the Battle of Mogadishu.[30] Human Rights Watch declared that the attack "looked like mass murder."[31]

Some[32] believe that this American attack was a turning point in unifying Somalis against U.S. efforts in Somalia, including former moderates and those opposed to the Habar Gidir.[33][34]

Links

Battle of Mogadishu (1993) - Wikipedia

Troops Storm Somali Chief's House but He's Gone; U.N. Attack in Mogadishu Follows Hours of Bombing by U.S.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back