Ky. Derby ousts winner 1st time in history.

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Maybe somebody better versed in horse racing can give us some perspective about why the winner was disqualified. Was it about gambling or safety or what?

No idea. I never watch horse racing. The sound of hoofbeats gives you cancer.

I think it had to do with the horse not staying in his horse track off the back corner.

I think it had to do with the horse not staying in his horse track off the back corner.
Is that what they say? There are no car tracks in NASCAR. Why should there be horse tracks when the inside horse obviously has the advantage?

Maybe somebody better versed in horse racing can give us some perspective about why the winner was disqualified. Was it about gambling or safety or what?

That's easy.

Maximum Security veered into the lane next to him almost causing a pile up of those horses.

They came close to clipping heels which would have brought at least two or more down.

The jockey on Maximum Security did a good job of getting his horse back into his lane but he interfered with those other horses.

It was a tough call for the stewards but on tape you could clearly see what happened.

In 1968 Dancers Image was disqualified after the race when he tested positive on a drug test. He was the only horse to ever lose the winners title until Maximum Security.

Maximum Security won't be going the Preakness but Country House, the winner of the Derby probably will.

Forum List

Back