Kurds Investigate Reports of Mass Grave of Yazidis in Sinjar

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
So many Yazidis killed, and this is not what you would call a huge group of people so each and every one is so important to this group..

Kurds Investigate Reports of Mass Grave of Yazidis in Sinjar

By MICHAEL R. GORDONNOV. 14, 2015

DOHUK, Iraq — Kurdish officials are investigating reports that a mass grave has been found near the town of Sinjar that holds the remains of more than 70 Yazidis, including older women, a Kurdish security official said Saturday.

Kurdish and Yazidi fighters retook the town of Sinjar on Friday from the Islamic State, which had controlled it since August 2014.

On Saturday, local officials told news agencies that Islamic State members had executed older Yazidi women, ages 40 to about 80, in and around the town, whom they did not want to keep as sex slaves.

Continue reading at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/15/world/middleeast/iraq-sinjar-kurds-mass-graves-yazidis.html?&_r=1

Oh, but by all means ignore Yazidis and import Muslims...
icon_omg.gif

Yazidi Girl on ISIS Genocide: ‘Everyone was Dead,’ I Looked at the Dead Bodies of My Father, Brother, and 4 Uncles
September 14, 2016 | In a video about the Islamic State’s genocidal attacks on the Yazidi people in Sinjar, Iraq, a girl who survived said that after the invasion “everyone was dead,” and she found herself looking at the dead bodies of her father, brother, and four uncles. When her brother and sister saw their dead father, they fainted.
The Islamic State, or ISIS, invaded Sinjar in northern Iraq in August 2014. According to the U.N. Human Rights Council, more than 3,200 Yazidi women and children are still held by ISIS, many of them bought and sold as sex slaves, and “thousands of Yazidi men and boys are missing. The genocide of the Yazidis is ongoing.” In a video made by Dr. Hawar Moradi, a medical doctor who has worked as a volunteer in the refugee camps in Kurdistan, several families – mostly older women and children – recounted the horrific actions of ISIS. “We were by the temple and I fell asleep,” says one Yazidi girl in the video. “I heard bullet fire. I asked my sister what it was. She said they’ve killed a man and a woman. They’re burying them over there. I was scared.”

isis_shoots_people.jpg

Islamic State jihadists murder their captives.​

A boy said, “We were by the temple under the tree and heard shots coming from the mountain. A woman and a man had gone out for a walk. They shot the man here and the woman here. We saw it.” Another Yazidi girl, around age 13, said, “We went out and saw that everyone was dead. I looked at the dead body of my father. I looked at the dead body of my brother. I looked at the dead bodies of my four uncles.” “I looked at all their dead bodies,” she said. “My sister here and my brother Pasha fainted over the dead body of my father.” The actions by ISIS against Christians, Yazidis, and other religious minorities have been declared “genocide” by the U.S. government, Canada, Britain, and the United Nations.

In its June 2016 report, “They Came to Destroy: ISIS Crimes Against the Yazidis,” the U.N. states, “ISIS has committed, and continues to commit, the crime of genocide, as well as multiple crimes against humanity and war crimes, against the Yazidis.” “ISIS has sought, and continues to seek, to destroy the Yazidis through killings; sexual slavery, enslavement, torture and inhuman and degrading treatment, and forcible transfer causing serious bodily and mental harm; the infliction of conditions of life that bring about a slow death” and “the imposition of measures to prevent Yazidi children from being born,” states the report.

Yazidi Girl on ISIS Genocide: ?Everyone was Dead,? I Looked at the Dead Bodies of My Father, Brother, and 4 Uncles

Forum List

Back