Kudos to Obama

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Uncensored2008, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Uncensored2008

Uncensored2008 Libertarian Radical Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,552
    I'm very quick to criticize President Obama when he attacks the constitution and with other missteps, so it's only fair that I be just as quick to praise him when he does something right.

Yesterday, at a candlelight prayer vigil, Obama read the names of each of the children senselessly murdered last Friday in a heart felt address that was genuine and appropriate. I'm as cynical as the next guy, but the Presidents emotion came through as he nearly broke down.

Well done.

Locals React to Obama's Speech at Prayer Vigil for Newtown Shooting Victims - Stratford, CT Patch

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  2. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    The presidebt is a good actor. He said that's the way he got through school. He was the blank slate that could be anything.

Yes it took a lot for him to conceal his joy at being able to advance an agenda to disarm Americans. I'll give him that.

3. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,287
    Thank you for your response. I also have had a very hard time dealing with this event.

4. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,574
    Don't think he or any president should have shown up there yesterday.

Presidents, necessarily, cause undo logistical headaches, delays, tie-ups, disruptions, etc., etc. no matter where they go, and in a small community like Newtown, where folks are still grieving and seeking to help one another cope in however fashion, it had to have had an hours-long impact on some people simply trying to get from point A to point B within their community.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    :clap2:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,413
    I applauded him when he spoke Friday... it was from the heart. Last night was just phase one of his newest agenda to ban weapons..... fuck that shit.

7. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    When he made his first televised address to the nation over this horrific event, and wiped away invisable tears that no one saw, I gave him credit for possibly comforting millions. Someone wrote him a great script and he, as always, delivered well.

This second televised appearance, that I refused to watch, was purely political, in my opinion, and the perfect platform with which to advance, his position on gun control. It was political. He knows how to appeal to the emotions and make ignorant people, believe in him and anything he says. He is captivating but he wears a mask.

I do not watch, that which I cannot trust.

Obama is the most successful working part of a power-driven machine, the progressive party has ever had, and watch him find a way to run again, in `16.

One neighbor, in her early 40's, who doesn't make a habit of following politics or news, said to me, after O.s first televised appearance, addressing the massacre, "I love him so much. His speech shows you what a wonderful president his is."

:cuckoo:

[​IMG]

8. tap4154

tap4154 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Yep, a real shame he chose to USE the event as an opportunity to advance his gun-grabbing agenda. I'll bet many in the audience wished he'd just STFU toward the end.

This was 99% a mental health issue, just like all the other shootings. There were many signs in each that went unaddressed, and his mom was as guilty as anyone by apparently shielding him from professional treatment, and not securing or getting rid or her guns when she knew he was declining fast.

9. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    [​IMG]

10. chikenwing

chikenwing Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,960
    I agree 100 % those poor people don't need the rest of use looking over their shoulders.