Kudlow's Law and Our Poor Economy

I caught about 2 minutes of Lawrence Kudlow on the radio the other day. He talked about "Kudlow's Law" which runs like this:
No business starts without capital. In order to do anything they must have capital first. So first they have capital, then they buy supplies/equipment, then they hire people and pay wages and then the workers spend those wages as consumers.
So consumer spending is the last link in the chain not the first.
Without capital none of that can happen.
When you tax capital you depress the ability of businesses to form and grow. We have had 2 capital gains tax increases over the last 6 years, with Obama pushing for more.
With the hit to capital it is no wonder business formation, and thus employment, is depressed, with wages stagnant.

Hard to argue with any of this, but I am sure the economic gurus on the left here will explain why that's wrong and why greedy capitalists can just reach into their mattresses for unlimited funds.

Borrowing costs are at record low rates.

Consumers are the first link in the chain because without a demand for your goods and services there's no point in starting or expanding a business.
It's irrelevant.
All business starts with capital. If you tax capital you get less of it.
We have the lowest start up rate in a very long time. There are more businesses closing than opening. It is no wonder our economy is stagnant.

Capital gains aren't capital, they are the income from capital. People put their earned income into investment as well.

Capital gains are the profit on income that is ALREADY invested.
Wow,you dont know anyhting, do you?

I caught about 2 minutes of Lawrence Kudlow on the radio the other day. He talked about "Kudlow's Law" which runs like this:
No business starts without capital. In order to do anything they must have capital first. So first they have capital, then they buy supplies/equipment, then they hire people and pay wages and then the workers spend those wages as consumers.
When you tax capital you depress the ability of businesses to form and grow. We have had 2 capital gains tax increases over the last 6 years, with Obama pushing for more.
With the hit to capital it is no wonder business formation, and thus employment, is depressed, with wages stagnant.

Hard to argue with any of this, but I am sure the economic gurus on the left here will explain why that's wrong and why greedy capitalists can just reach into their mattresses for unlimited funds.
Try starting a business without ANY of the ingredients that make it. No equipment, no business. No employees, no business. No raw materials, no business. No customers, no business.
It doesnt matter. If you have no capital you have nothing. With capital you can get everything else. Need equipment? You can buy it. Need custoemrs? You can advertise for them. Need employees? You can hire them.
All of that takes money, which is capital.
Thanks for proving Kudlow's point.
I started a sole proprietorship whose product was information with nothing but sweat equity and myself as an employee. I didn't need capital for any of it.
Kewl story, bro.

Kudlow apparently forgot tax write off's that offset capital gains taxes.

unfortunately for RW's nobody can forget they're idiots.
You also just regurgitate words and phrases you picked up somewhere and hope it sounds smart.

Kudlow was made for Idiots.

CPA's are made for small businesses ...

http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/glp/46852/Small-Business-Tax-Deduction.html

study up Rabid, then shut up.

Idiots like you and Kudlow should get married
You honestly think a page about tax deductions for small business is respopnsive? You are a moron of the first rank.

look you moron, I employed an in house accountant and her assistant. I had an accounting firm on retainer. I know more about balancing taxes than you will ever know. Go run a kool aid stand, or try to run a kool aid stand. You're an idiot.

BO wants to raise the capital gains tax as well as close all the loopholes (except for his 'favored' companies).......how the hell does that help encourage growth....?

this is a bunch of horse shit. that's what the stock market and banks are for. not for personal people to get breaks on taxes of worth that everybody else has to pay on. gambling winnings.

BO wants to raise the capital gains tax as well as close all the loopholes (except for his 'favored' companies).......how the hell does that help encourage growth....?

BO made 82% of Bush tax cuts permanent. The others are set to expire BY LAW, BO didn't make the law. Remind everyone how he raised capital gains tax again?

BO made 82% of Bush tax cuts permanent. The others are set to expire BY LAW, BO didn't make the law. Remind everyone how he raised capital gains tax again?

under Bush the rate was 15% then went to 20% under BO and now BO wants to raise it again to 28%....

Borrowing costs are at record low rates.

Consumers are the first link in the chain because without a demand for your goods and services there's no point in starting or expanding a business.
It's irrelevant.
All business starts with capital. If you tax capital you get less of it.
We have the lowest start up rate in a very long time. There are more businesses closing than opening. It is no wonder our economy is stagnant.

Capital gains aren't capital, they are the income from capital. People put their earned income into investment as well.

It's true, if you make capital investment less profitable, you'll get less capital investment.

Losertrains have no right to bitch about the economy. How is cutting funding for infrastructure, science and investment that generally helps our country = a good idea??? Seriously, you people are nuts.
please explain where that TRILLION dollars for BO's great stimulus plan for infrastructure went exactly.....

The “fiscal cliff” debate is theater. No one can be sure of what is going to happen come Jan. 1. President Obama’s 2010 health reform law, however, is certain to change the tax code in 2013. Starting next year, five new tax increases will begin to raise $258.2 billion in new revenue over seven years.
The top tax rates on capital gains and dividends will jump from 15% to 18.8%. The 3.8% surtax on unearned income (income earned through interest, rents, dividends, annuities, royalties, etc.) will only fall on the wealthiest two percent: households making at least $250,000, or individuals making more than $200,000. The 3.8% surtax is a big adjustment, but the current 15% tax rate is the lowest it’s been since
World War II. If Congress allows the 2003 Bush tax rates to expire, the top rate on capital gains will rise to 23.8%, and the top rate on dividends will leap to 43.4%

5 New Obamacare Taxes Coming in 2013 TIME.com

Losertrains have no right to bitch about the economy. How is cutting funding for infrastructure, science and investment that generally helps our country = a good idea??? Seriously, you people are nuts.
please explain where that TRILLION dollars for BO's great stimulus plan for infrastructure went exactly.....

Fuck if I know...All I know, it didn't go where it was suppose to. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be spending money on infrastructure.

Probably, rebuilding foreign countries and the super rich.

Last edited:
Kudlow was made for Idiots.

CPA's are made for small businesses ...

http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/glp/46852/Small-Business-Tax-Deduction.html

study up Rabid, then shut up.

Idiots like you and Kudlow should get married
You honestly think a page about tax deductions for small business is respopnsive? You are a moron of the first rank.

look you moron, I employed an in house accountant and her assistant. I had an accounting firm on retainer. I know more about balancing taxes than you will ever know. Go run a kool aid stand, or try to run a kool aid stand. You're an idiot.
Kewl story, bro.

Maybe instead of slash, burn and fuck... Well, the republicans could become the party of accountability and doing things right?

I shouldn't have to wonder where that money went that was suppose to go to infrastructure...Sadly, there's no party that currently cares.

Forum List

Back