Krugman's diagnosis of Repubs: from bad to worse

Seriously people. Krugman hits the nail on the head/points out the elephant in the room:

(snip)
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/opinion/krugman-the-crazy-party.html?src=ISMR_AP_LO_MST_FB
In recent months, the G.O.P. seems to have transitioned from being the stupid party to being the crazy party.

I know, I’m being shrill. But as it grows increasingly hard to see how, in the face of Republican hysteria over health reform, we can avoid a government shutdown — and maybe the even more frightening prospect of a debt default — the time for euphemism is past.

Discuss...
?

Gawd, I love that little twirp. :lol:
Bless Paul :eusa_angel: the mere mention of his name drives wingnuts over the edge

Last edited:
Repubs take the house and think this gives them a mandate to be the wrecking crew.
You seem to think the GOP is under some obligation to rubber-stamp Obama's agenda.

Why would you think something so asinine?

Obamacare is the law of the land and it also passed a Supreme Court challenge

Move on imbecilles.. wtf do you lunatics want, Democrats undoing laws majority GOP passed? :cuckoo: [MENTION=23991]daveman[/MENTION]

Last edited:
Repubs take the house and think this gives them a mandate to be the wrecking crew.
You seem to think the GOP is under some obligation to rubber-stamp Obama's agenda.

Move on imbecilles.. wtf do you lunatics want, Democrats undoing laws majority GOP passed? :cuckoo: [MENTION=23991]daveman[/MENTION]
If their constituents demanded it, and they had the votes for it...why not?

Are you really not aware than laws can be rescinded?

Members of Congress using partisan bs to drum up support for overturning a law or...great precedent. You all will reap what you sow. You fucking people will destroy this country. But it is your goal...

Members of Congress using partisan bs to drum up support for overturning a law or...great precedent. You all will reap what you sow. You fucking people will destroy this country. But it is your goal...
Oh, DO shut up, you simpleton.

People who want to destroy a freely elected goverment that is representative of the people, by definition hate the country. We are not Egypt, we are not Libya, we are not Algeria...we are the fucking United States of America goddamn it!

We have always had misfits who have served in the military trying to fuck things up. From Lee Harvey Oswald to the recent Naval Base mass shooter, we have suffered you boy soldiers long enough. You volunteered and got paid, so stfu about how much you are owed and how you are somehow better citizens or worth more...you are not. Many of you are the internal enemies our founders and the framers warned about.

Since Sheas and the Whisky rebellions and more (bonus marchers?) we have had to put you in your place

Surprise, surprise, the guy who wrote "conscience of a liberal" criticizes the republican party. My guess is that democrats have been listening to professor Krugman's view on economics and that's why the Country is so screwed up.

The post is based on an opinion by a liberal professor. How unbiased can it be? Paul Krugman is billed as an "American economist" "A professor of economics and international affairs". How is our economy and international affairs doing? Not so good but professor Krugman has time to address the short comings of the GOP.

People who want to destroy a freely elected goverment that is representative of the people, by definition hate the country. We are not Egypt, we are not Libya, we are not Algeria...we are the fucking United States of America goddamn it!
Hey, dumbass:

Nobody wants to destroy the government. Obama is NOT the government, and we just want his "progress" to a completely fucked-up country stopped.

Dumbass.
We have always had misfits who have served in the military trying to fuck things up. From Lee Harvey Oswald to the recent Naval Base mass shooter, we have suffered you boy soldiers long enough. You volunteered and got paid, so stfu about how much you are owed and how you are somehow better citizens or worth more...you are not. Many of you are the internal enemies our founders and the framers warned about.

Since Sheas and the Whisky rebellions and more (bonus marchers?) we have had to put you in your place
Oooh, somebody talks tough when he's been drinking. :lol:

"We" (meaning you, Skippy) aren't going to do anything but bitch impotently on the internet. That's all you're good for -- whining.

Some people disagree with what Obama wants and does. You're just going to have to accept that -- or don't. Because it doesn't make one bit of difference either way.

Got it? Your approval or disapproval is neither sought nor required. You're powerless. You're weak. You're spineless.

Now, go ahead and whine some more about how no one's kissing your ass in the manner to which you feel entitled. Chicks dig that.

No, they don't. It disgusts them. :lmao:

How you people goin to effect that when you don't have any Presidential candidates in your ranks? Krugman's right, you people have taken too many of the Koch/Adelson brown acid :tinfoil:

Last edited:

so was slavery at one time...I guess we should've just MOVED along and left it place...people like you could be the owner of a slave today....well not that aren't today if you belong to the Democrat party....oh and prohibition definitely should've been keep in place...some of you might not be so insane today

Last edited:
Seriously people. Krugman hits the nail on the head/points out the elephant in the room:

(snip)
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/opinion/krugman-the-crazy-party.html?src=ISMR_AP_LO_MST_FB
In recent months, the G.O.P. seems to have transitioned from being the stupid party to being the crazy party.

I know, I’m being shrill. But as it grows increasingly hard to see how, in the face of Republican hysteria over health reform, we can avoid a government shutdown — and maybe the even more frightening prospect of a debt default — the time for euphemism is past.

Discuss...
The only part of his diatribe I agreed with was his statement, "I know, I’m being shrill." That was only to prevent a defense landing on him first for being shrill, and spoken like a true partisan dependent on the skill of saying untrue things without looking stupid. It's a tool persuasive writers use to fool borderline readers who, if they hadn't read it, wouldn't know what to think. Krugman is a shill to the conscience of laconic people to make himself look less of a prevaricator than he is.

I give his piece twelve Pinocchios and one extra one for using the device like the thought thug Krugman is.

:eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar: :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar: :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar: + :eusa_liar:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back