Krugman Rips Apart Republican House Speaker

The "underlying problem" is you Progressives don't have a fucking clue how to create jobs or stimulate the economy! Here's a bit of "perspective" for you, Joey...those unemployed people wouldn't BE unemployed if we had a President who grasped basic economic concepts. Barack Obama has overseen the worst recovery from a recession SINCE FDR and he's just been going through the motions since his "stimulus" failed four YEARS ago!

Well, if he got the stimulus that he asked for and not the one that was about a third tax cuts (which are always fucking useless) maybe that would have stimulated jobs.

Of course, when you sign free trade treaties that make it easy to send the jobs to third world shitholes, and then you wonder why no one has a job.

Oh, by the way. After 2008, your side doesn't get to argue it knows how to create jobs.

Gee, Joe...while you were in "college" getting your "history degree"...maybe you should have taken some economics classes so you'd know that tax cuts have been used to stimulate job creation by liberal Presidents like JFK as well as conservative ones like Reagan.

As for who knows how to create jobs? It's been six YEARS and Barry still hasn't got a clue about how that takes place! What's really pathetic is that he doesn't even seem to care at this point...he's going through the motions while doing next to nothing.

'But what’s particularly strange about Boehner and the right’s continued laziness meme, Krugman observes, is that “the blame-the-victim crowd has gotten everything it wanted: benefits, especially for the long-term unemployed, have been slashed or eliminated.”'

Most on the right are impervious to logic, evidence, and facts.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
most on the left do all the lying, obfuscating, dodging, lying, equivocate, waffle, lying, tergiversate, did i mention lying ?

and.., they all hate America and our Military Heros
:up:
that would explain THIS Progressives proud military service. "Broad brush" much son?

Krugman is a national treasure :salute: I tell you.

Paul Krugman dismantles Boehner 8217 s callous attack on the unemployed - Salon.com
Highlighting John Boehner’s recent American Enterprise Institute speech blaming joblessness on people who would “rather sit around” than find work, Krugman notes that Boehner’s sneering condescension is emblematic of the GOP’s long-standing contempt for Americans out of work. That attitude – “impervious to logic and evidence,” Krugman writes — explains the right’s campaign to dismantle the social safety net.

But what’s particularly strange about Boehner and the right’s continued laziness meme, Krugman observes, is that “the blame-the-victim crowd has gotten everything it wanted: benefits, especially for the long-term unemployed, have been slashed or eliminated.” Boehner might have us believe that the jobless are welfare bums, but as Krugman points out, not only were they not bums in the first place, but there’s largely no welfare for them to collect, either.

Discuss...

boehner has a lot of nerve saying the unemployed are lazy.

How many days has the House of Reps been working this year? Isn't it around less than 100 days?

This has got to be the most laziest congress in history. They don't even bother to show up and do the people's work.

They spend days whining about isis and it's going to kill us all but when they have a chance to do something about it, they leave town and don't work.

These people are being paid nearly 200 thousand dollars a year to work less than one third of the year.

Republicans have to be the most laziest people in our nation. They want the money but don't want to do the work.
your whole thing is about CONGRESS until your last sentence.....then all of a sudden Democrats are not a part of it.....hey Dana?.....have the Democrats worked more days than the Republicans?.....are they a part of the group you are talking about above?.....geezus....talk about being a fucking Hack......

The democrats work as many days as the republicans but the democrats aren't the ones who set the days to work. That's boehner's job.

I will say this, when Nancy Pelosi became speaker of the house, she increased the work days. They worked around 140 days a year. When boehner became speaker he decreased it down to under 120 days a year and they're probably not even working that many days.
did the Democrats go along with it?....yea they did.....now are they part of that lazy group of people you are talking about or not?....

'But what’s particularly strange about Boehner and the right’s continued laziness meme, Krugman observes, is that “the blame-the-victim crowd has gotten everything it wanted: benefits, especially for the long-term unemployed, have been slashed or eliminated.”'

Most on the right are impervious to logic, evidence, and facts.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
most on the left do all the lying, obfuscating, dodging, lying, equivocate, waffle, lying, tergiversate, did i mention lying ?

and.., they all hate America and our Military Heros
:up:
that would explain THIS Progressives proud military service. "Broad brush" much son?
you use that same brush an awful lot....maybe you should keep quiet about people using that broad brush....

The "underlying problem" is you Progressives don't have a fucking clue how to create jobs or stimulate the economy! Here's a bit of "perspective" for you, Joey...those unemployed people wouldn't BE unemployed if we had a President who grasped basic economic concepts. Barack Obama has overseen the worst recovery from a recession SINCE FDR and he's just been going through the motions since his "stimulus" failed four YEARS ago!

Well, if he got the stimulus that he asked for and not the one that was about a third tax cuts (which are always fucking useless) maybe that would have stimulated jobs.

Of course, when you sign free trade treaties that make it easy to send the jobs to third world shitholes, and then you wonder why no one has a job.

Oh, by the way. After 2008, your side doesn't get to argue it knows how to create jobs.

Stimulus don't work with a central bank setting monetary policy.

You can stim all you want it still won't any long term effect.

Tax cuts works better long term

Stim is all about the appearance of doing something

Last edited:
Unemployment and food stamps are the biggest drivers of the Obama/Krugman economy
btw your rent is late, are you gonna use your food stamp atm to make the payment ?

Just because you feed from the welfare trough doesn't mean the rest of us do, pinhead.
wrong again...

I doubt it.
feel free to do that even though it's erroneous.

Krugman is a national treasure :salute: I tell you.

Paul Krugman dismantles Boehner 8217 s callous attack on the unemployed - Salon.com
Highlighting John Boehner’s recent American Enterprise Institute speech blaming joblessness on people who would “rather sit around” than find work, Krugman notes that Boehner’s sneering condescension is emblematic of the GOP’s long-standing contempt for Americans out of work. That attitude – “impervious to logic and evidence,” Krugman writes — explains the right’s campaign to dismantle the social safety net.

But what’s particularly strange about Boehner and the right’s continued laziness meme, Krugman observes, is that “the blame-the-victim crowd has gotten everything it wanted: benefits, especially for the long-term unemployed, have been slashed or eliminated.” Boehner might have us believe that the jobless are welfare bums, but as Krugman points out, not only were they not bums in the first place, but there’s largely no welfare for them to collect, either.

Discuss...

How many days has the House of Reps been working this year? Isn't it around less than 100 days?

This has got to be the most laziest congress in history. They don't even bother to show up and do the people's work.

They spend days whining about isis and it's going to kill us all but when they have a chance to do something about it, they leave town and don't work.

These people are being paid nearly 200 thousand dollars a year to work less than one third of the year.

Republicans have to be the most laziest people in our nation. They want the money but don't want to do the work.
your whole thing is about CONGRESS until your last sentence.....then all of a sudden Democrats are not a part of it.....hey Dana?.....have the Democrats worked more days than the Republicans?.....are they a part of the group you are talking about above?.....geezus....talk about being a fucking Hack......

The democrats work as many days as the republicans but the democrats aren't the ones who set the days to work. That's boehner's job.

I will say this, when Nancy Pelosi became speaker of the house, she increased the work days. They worked around 140 days a year. When boehner became speaker he decreased it down to under 120 days a year and they're probably not even working that many days.
did the Democrats go along with it?....yea they did.....now are they part of that lazy group of people you are talking about or not?....

It's not the democrats who can overturn that. No one can but the speaker of the house, boehner.

The fact that Nancy Pelosi increased the days that the congress works shows that democrats want to work more than republicans. The woman is a democrat. No democrat at the time had a problem with it.

Please show me a republican who increased the days scheduled for them to be in session. So far I've only seen republicans decrease the amount of days they're in session.

Meanwhile, it's republicans who have decided to not work. The republicans set the work schedule not the democrats. Please give me some examples of democrats who spoke up in agreement to boehner's schedule.

What it comes down to is that republicans are lazy. They don't work and then have the nerve to call the unemployed lazy. Keep in mind that congressional salaries start at 172 thousand dollars a year. They're only working less than 120 days a year.

It's not the democrats who can overturn that. No one can but the speaker of the house, boehner.

The fact that Nancy Pelosi increased the days that the congress works shows that democrats want to work more than republicans. The woman is a democrat. No democrat at the time had a problem with it.

Please show me a republican who increased the days scheduled for them to be in session. So far I've only seen republicans decrease the amount of days they're in session.

Meanwhile, it's republicans who have decided to not work. The republicans set the work schedule not the democrats. Please give me some examples of democrats who spoke up in agreement to boehner's schedule.

What it comes down to is that republicans are lazy. They don't work and then have the nerve to call the unemployed lazy. Keep in mind that congressional salaries start at 172 thousand dollars a year. They're only working less than 120 days a year.
both parties are a part of congress ....unless you can show me a bunch of Democrats bitching about this your argument aint worth shit.....if you show me a few i will apologize......until then.....both parties are lazy useless good for nothing bottom of the barrel incompetent assholes....

Let me give you a hypothetical, Dana! You work on a factory assembly line turning out half of an assembled "widget". Your work then goes on down the line but the crew down there just lets it fall off the line onto the factory floor unfinished. So who's to "blame" for the widgets not getting built...you...or the guys that won't even touch the widgets to finish the job?

The "crew" on the first part of that assembly line is the House and they HAVE been turning out bills and sending them on down the line to the second part of the assembly line. Unfortunately the foreman of that part of the line, Harry Reid...stands there and won't let any of the House bills come onto HIS assembly line! All the while complaining that the other crew isn't doing their jobs.

Forum List

Back