Krugman Rips Apart Republican House Speaker

Unemployment and food stamps are the biggest drivers of the Obama/Krugman economy
btw your rent is late, are you gonna use your food stamp atm to make the payment ?

Just because you feed from the welfare trough doesn't mean the rest of us do, pinhead.
wrong again...

I doubt it.
feel free to do that even though it's erroneous.

Only in your warped, illogical imitation of thinking.

btw your rent is late, are you gonna use your food stamp atm to make the payment ?

Just because you feed from the welfare trough doesn't mean the rest of us do, pinhead.
wrong again...

I doubt it.
feel free to do that even though it's erroneous.

Only in your warped, illogical imitation of thinking.
that's erroneous too

Gee, Joe...while you were in "college" getting your "history degree"...maybe you should have taken some economics classes so you'd know that tax cuts have been used to stimulate job creation by liberal Presidents like JFK as well as conservative ones like Reagan.

Guy, under JFK, the rich still paid an exhorbatant 70% top marginal rate and we spent like crazy on infrastructure and even crazy stuff like fighting in Vietnam and sending guys to the Moon.

But your side doesn't even make the claim tax cuts stimulate growth. Because that wasn't true under Ray-Gun and it wasn't true under Baby Bush. Now it's just "Mine-mine-mine-mine!"

As for who knows how to create jobs? It's been six YEARS and Barry still hasn't got a clue about how that takes place! What's really pathetic is that he doesn't even seem to care at this point...he's going through the motions while doing next to nothing.

Unemployment is down to 5.9%, dude.

My guess, however, is that it’s mainly about the closed information loop of the modern right. In a nation where the Republican base gets what it thinks are facts from Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, where the party’s elite gets what it imagines to be policy analysis from the American Enterprise Institute or the Heritage Foundation, the right lives in its own intellectual universe, aware of neither the reality of unemployment nor what life is like for the jobless.

I disagree with Krugman's use of the term "the right lives in its own intellectual universe".

It would be more accurate to say "the right lives in its own intellectual vacuum" in my opinion.

There hasn't been anyone on the right with any intellectual stature in a very long time. The last of that breed was William F Buckley and the lack of such intellects on the right is apparent when compared to mental featherweights like Limbaugh, Coulter, Beck, O'Reilly, Boehner, Cruz and Paul.

I'll put George Will, Charles Krauthammer or Bill Krystal up against a liberal poser like Paul Krugman six days a week and twice on Sundays!

What's laughable is that we've had six years of "Progressive" policies that Paul Krugman has been the Head Cheerleader for and it's been an unmitigated disaster almost across the board. Now you're going to hold HIM up as an intellectual paragon? Really? The next thing you'll be attempting to do is propose that Barack Obama is one of the great "leaders" of the century!

Paul Krugman is the type of "intellectual" that flourishes on college campuses because there they deal in theory. Larry Summers is another such animal. He's a "genius" when he's standing up in front of a class of early twenty year olds lecturing on liberal Keynesian theory...but when he tried putting those theories to the test in the real world he fell flat on his face.

I'll put George Will, Charles Krauthammer or Bill Krystal up against a liberal poser like Paul Krugman six days a week and twice on Sundays!

What's laughable is that we've had six years of "Progressive" policies that Paul Krugman has been the Head Cheerleader for and it's been an unmitigated disaster almost across the board. Now you're going to hold HIM up as an intellectual paragon? Really? The next thing you'll be attempting to do is propose that Barack Obama is one of the great "leaders" of the century!

If we had followed Krugman's recommendations following the Republican economic crash in 2008 the economy would be flourishing by now.

Bill Kristol has a track record of being 100% wrong on everything.

Bill Kristol A Timeline of Faulty Predictions - The Wire

That you would cite a hack like Kristol as being a rightwing intellect on a par with Buckley exposes your inability to comprehend what it means to be an intellectual. Buckley was someone who not only thought deeply about conservative issues and expressed them in a convincing manner but he was a gentleman too.

There is no one on the right who even comes close.

If we had followed Krugman's recommendations following the Republican economic crash in 2008 the economy would be flourishing by now.

That you would cite a hack like Kristol as being a rightwing intellect on a par with Buckley exposes your inability to comprehend what it means to be an intellectual. Buckley was someone who not only thought deeply about conservative issues and expressed them in a convincing manner but he was a gentleman too.

Krugman's a one trick pony...his solution to EVERYTHING is more government spending! Spend a trillion on stimulus and it didn't stimulate the economy? You needed to spend two trillion!!!

Are you really making the point that Kristol, Will and Krauthammer aren't "gentlemen"? Compare those three to the "intellectuals" on the Left these days and they epitomize the term.

Uh, the unmitigated disaster was what happened in 2008, when we listened to Bill Koolaid and Charlie Strangelove and took the protections down we had put up against exactly what happened.

You are the type who would blame Christopher Reeves doctors for him being in a wheelchair and not the horse that threw him.

Krugman's a one trick pony...his solution to EVERYTHING is more government spending! Spend a trillion on stimulus and it didn't stimulate the economy? You needed to spend two trillion!!!

Are you really making the point that Kristol, Will and Krauthammer aren't "gentlemen"? Compare those three to the "intellectuals" on the Left these days and they epitomize the term.

You are flailing now.

Krugman's track record is better than any of your 3 partisan hacks.

[

We didn't spend a trillion dollars, that was the point. Take away the tax giveaways out of the stimulus, it was less than 200 billion a year in an 18 trillion dollar economy. That's like saying, "Those butterfly wings we put on the cement truck didn't get it airborne."

[

We didn't spend a trillion dollars, that was the point. Take away the tax giveaways out of the stimulus, it was less than 200 billion a year in an 18 trillion dollar economy. That's like saying, "Those butterfly wings we put on the cement truck didn't get it airborne."
yep, a goodly portion of the stimulus was tax cuts. OldStyle must feel a little foolish right now :redface:

yep, a goodly portion of the stimulus was tax cuts. OldStyle must feel a little foolish right now :redface:

Not really. the thing about being a Supply-Sider is that reality never impacts your world view.

Tax cuts are always good even when they don't stimulate the economy... because the rich deserve to keep that money they swindled working folks out of fair and square.

New Topics

Forum List

Back