Krauthammer: Obama's Town Hall Answer Longer Than Gettysburg Address

Does Krauthammer make his living with his mouth just like any politician?

He makes his living with his logic and intellect, notable achievements and successes, which is communicated through his mouth to other people of equal intellect.

No, he makes a living telling people what they want to hear. He is a partisan pundit, nothing more, or less.

I think President Eisenhower might have had the Krauthammers of the world in mind when he said this:

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from the corn field.

Well I see the same old tactic is at work with the libs. Instead of talking about what Obama's hot air, they want to deflect and bring up, Palin, Bush, Hitler, old ladies but no nothing about how Obama rambled on for 17 minutes without answering the question.

Krauthammer brought up Lincoln.:lol:

How many of Krauthammer's columns have been shorter than the Gettysburg address?

He is an egghead. At least he can put a sentence together. WE are use to just being embarrassed by our president.

Yes he can put a sentence together but he seems to forget the point of the question ether intentionally or by accident.

He's being evasive. That's the purpose of this habit to wander around the issue.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Note on the Gettysburg Address[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]by H.L. Mencken[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Gettysburg speech was at once the shortest and the most famous oration in American history...the highest emotion reduced to a few poetical phrases. Lincoln himself never even remotely approached it. It is genuinely stupendous. But let us not forget that it is poetry, not logic; beauty, not sense. Think of the argument in it. Put it into the cold words of everyday. The doctrine is simply this: that the Union soldiers who died at Gettysburg sacrificed their lives to the cause of self-determination – that government of the people, by the people, for the people, should not perish from the earth. It is difficult to imagine anything more untrue. The Union soldiers in the battle actually fought against self-determination; it was the Confederates who fought for the right of their people to govern themselves.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Of course he could answer the question.

He didn't want to. Hence the 17 minute diatribe about nothing. Obama is a master at it. Thats why Brett Baere had to keep interrupting him when he interviewed him for Fox. If he hadn't he wouldn't have gotten answers for anything. That woudl have suited Barry just fine.

I think Krauthammer and Steve Hayes are pretty savvy guys. I always like to hear what they have to say. Don't always agree with em but respect their opinions. If no one else does, well. Its a free country folks. LOL

Does Krauthammer make his living with his mouth just like any politician?

He makes his living with his logic and intellect, notable achievements and successes, which is communicated through his mouth to other people of equal intellect.

No, he makes a living telling people what they want to hear. He is a partisan pundit, nothing more, or less.

Who are you to be calling anyone a "partisan"? :lol::lol::lol:
You're practically a DNC robot, complete with mind-control head-gear. I've never noticed a single post from you that wasn't utterly devoid of any thought that wasn't a pre-programmed talking-point.

At least Krauthammer doesn't compromise his intellect in shameless shilling for a deceitful politician. In your blind support for Barack Obama, clearly you can't say the same.

At least Krauthammer doesn't compromise his intellect in shameless shilling for a deceitful politician. In your blind support for Barack Obama, clearly you can't say the same.

See post #2178899

That intellect is nothing more than the same rehashed and recycled "no cost is too great to advance the empire" crap he has trotted out (with a little domestic buffoonery from his days as Walter Mondale"s speechwriter thrown in) for twenty odd years. Sumbitch is fairly eloquent at it though.

Last edited:

Who are you to be calling anyone a "partisan"? :lol::lol::lol:
You're practically a DNC robot, complete with mind-control head-gear. I've never noticed a single post from you that wasn't utterly devoid of any thought that wasn't a pre-programmed talking-point.

Ah, the old talking point talking point. When you can't argue with anyone on the merits, try to dismiss them by labeling what they say as 'talking points'.

Very lame, but pretty much in line with your intellect.

Kraut-man...an intellect.

49izadw.gif

CLASSIC!!!!

See post #2178899

That intellect is nothing more than the same rehashed and recycled "no cost is too great to advance the empire" crap he has trotted out (with a little domestic buffoonery from his days as Walter Mondale"s speechwriter thrown in) for twenty odd years. Sumbitch is fairly eloquent at it though.

Please spare us any more of the irrational and hypocritical fear-mongering about "NeoCons". :rolleyes:

It amazes me that we have so many adult infants in this country that can't seem to figure out that there really are bad people in the world who would sincerely like to kill us. And that peace is NOT achieved by a wobbly bottom lip, but rather through our firm resolve to maintain our national security owing to our overt willingness to kick any ass that threatens it.

You are only free to whinge on about "NeoCons" because better men than you have fought and died for your privilege to do so.

Ah, the old talking point talking point. When you can't argue with anyone on the merits, try to dismiss them by labeling what they say as 'talking points'.

Very lame, but pretty much in line with your intellect.

When have you ever "argued with anyone on the merits" of anything??? All I've ever seen from you is inane, partisan sniping.

By all means though... go ahead and defend your gasbag. Educate the class on why it takes 17 minutes to answer a simple question about how Americans can afford more taxation in a recession.

rl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3w32hdKu3I]YouTube - Krauthammer: Obama's Town Hall Answer Longer Than Gettysburg Address[/url]

Charles Krauthammer on the president’s jibber-jabbering:

“I don’t know why your surprised. It’s only nine times longer than the Gettysburg Address. And, after all Lincoln was answering an easier question on the higher purpose of the union and soldiers that fall in battle. Look the president had an easy answer. He could have said, “Hey I wanted to make history with health care and to do it and to make the CBO numbers look OK I had to raise your taxes. Sure it’s not a good time economically in the middle of a recession but politically I had to because I have a window a majority in Congress and I’m going to lose in November.” End of answer.”

from.
Gateway Pundit
Kraut-man is being deceitful as usual. He knows his audience is mostly uneducated and ignorant.

When Lincoln spoke at Gettysburg, he wasn't even the main speaker. Edward Everett was. Everett was the nation's foremost orator at the time. All speeches were extremely long---hours. Lincoln made a few remarks.

context. whenever assholes like Kraut-man say something, think about the context of their examples. Usually they are deceitfully deceptive and downright dishonest.

ChickenHawk Murf...when did YOU serve?

As soon as I turned 18, asshole. How 'bout you?
Came from a poor area huh? Military was your only way out huh? I understand. At least rich cats like Cheney and Kristol managed to weasel out of it.

Me? I was a student, on top of that I migrated here. I'm originally from the Caribbean...remember?

Anyway, thank you for YOUR service. So when did Kraut-man serve?

You are only free to whinge on about "NeoCons" because better men than you have fought and died for your privilege to do so.

Silly fuckers behind their keyboards and the occasional remf are always willing to sacrifice somebody else's son for their bullshit.

It's lame-ass, ball-less pacifists like Obama who endanger my sons by presenting weakness to our enemies.

Forum List

Back