Krauthammer: Obama 'Shameless' For Using Women As Campaign Prop

This was a coffin the republicans built all on their lonesome...and in the name of "religious freedom."

:lol:

Yep...and now they are paying the price.....so, of course they are crying about it.

I will ask you to then;

so to be clear- you want the government to order them and the religious orgs to change their stance on this issue to conform to that order?

Obama cannot run on his record. His only chance to win is to demagogue the GOP as often as possible. This is what he's going to do, mostly through his surrogates, all the way to November. And actually, after that too.

Yeah, he could never run on his record. He certainly wasn't running on it two days during the women's forum the right is so upset about.

Remarks by the President at the White House Forum on Women and the Economy | The White House

So closing this pay gap -- ending pay discrimination -- is about far more than simple fairness. When more women are bringing home the bacon, but bringing home less of it than men who are doing the same work, that weakens families, it weakens communities, it’s tough on our kids, it weakens our entire economy. (Applause.)

Which is why the first bill I signed into law was the Lilly Ledbetter Act -- Fair Pay Act -- (applause) -- to make it easier for women to demand fairness -- equal pay for equal work. We’re pushing for legislation to give women more tools to pay -- to fight pay discrimination. And we’ve encouraged companies to make workplaces more flexible so women don’t have to choose between being a good employee or a good mom.

We’ve got to do more to encourage women to join these [STEM] fields as well -- make it easier to afford the education that's required to make it. Send a clear message to our daughters, which I'm doing every night: Math, science, nothing wrong with it, a lot right with it. We need you to focus. That’s why our education reform, Race to the Top, has put a priority on science and technology and engineering and math education. It has rewarded states that took specific steps to ensure that all students -- especially underrepresented groups like girls -- have the opportunity to get excited about these fields at an early age. And we’ve helped more than 2.3 million more young women afford to pursue higher education with our increases in the Pell grants. That's good news. (Applause.)

Another example -- health reform. It's been in the news lately. (Laughter.) Because of the health reform law that we passed, women finally have more power to make their choices about their health care. (Applause.) Last year, more than 20 million women received expanded access to preventive services like mammograms and cervical cancer screenings at no additional cost. (Applause.) Nearly 2 million women enrolled in Medicare received a 50-percent discount on the medicine that they need. Over 1 million more young women are insured because they can now stay on their parent’s plan. And later this year, women will receive new access to recommended preventive care like domestic violence screening and contraception at no additional cost. (Applause.) And soon, insurance companies will no longer be able to deny coverage based on preexisting conditions like breast cancer, or charge women more just because they’re women. (Applause.)

Jesus, Obama, lay off the Republicans and starting talking about what you've done!

boy have you found a home.....do you bleat too?
sheep.gif

Krauthammer: Obama 'Shameless' For Using Women As Campaign Prop

According to Jay Carney, it has nothing at all to do with the election. They actually think they can say that and do it with a straight face and get away with it. I mean, all the administrations use taxpayer money to promote themselves in an election year. But this is pretty shameless and over-the-top," Charles Krauthammer said on FOX News tonight.

"Notice how when the president said, ‘This is about a wide range of issues. It isn’t just about’ … and what’s the one thing he named immediately? Contraception. Of course it is about contraception. It't because of the way it was handled and the media covered it, it became all of a sudden a war on the women, which is a complete invention. But now you get stories of the mainstream media. I think I saw a headline this morning that said, ‘Republicans claim that there is no war on women," Krauthammer said on the "Special Report" panel.

"I mean, this is actually in a news part of the paper, which of course is promoting the meme. The idea is that because there was some objection on religious liberty grounds to force Catholic institutions to dispense them for free, it’s a war on women. And the idea of the meme was that they want to deny access to contraception as if Republicans want to shut the door of American pharmacies for any woman looking for contraception. So, the media have collaborated in inventing an issue. Obama sees an opening. He actually said women aren’t an interest group. Of course they are in the eyes of this administration, and that’s why it’s holding the conference," he said.

I happen to agree with Mr. Krauthammer. And Mr. Limbaugh had ZERO to apologize for except sinking to the level of the Statists which he fights and calling out Ms. Fluke for being a tool of the left and soon to be forgotten by the same that used her.

The foucus here is Obama's attack on the Constitution and Liberty that he sees as wrong...and the monumental attempt to take over 1/6th of the US Economy.

"You can't support the troops if you don't support the war"

You jagoffs have no room to complain about using props.

Snowe who announced she would not stand for re-election shortly after the Blunt amendment fiasco (an amendment she opposed); Murkowski who just decried the GOP's "attack on women"; Hutchinson who stood up against her wingnut governor's ill-advised assault on Planned Parenthood. I'm not sure they're reliable allies for you when it comes to the anti-woman agenda.

so to be clear- you want the government to order them and the religious orgs to change their stance on this issue to conform to that order?

That was resolved some time ago; find a new pretext for your War on Women.

You know, 7 pages in and you would have thought one of these "conservatives" would have posted some of the things the GOP has done that better the lives of women.

Rather telling.

wrong again stupid,, many asked many were denied.. only the best buddies got them..

So you want middle-aged, white males, to decide your reproduction. Most women probably see you as a total moron.

You're spewing bullshit again.. gawd damn man when is the last time you actually thought your very own thoughts?

Whatever dimwit. The bottom line is still the same. The Blunt amendment tried to tell women when they could receive contraception. The Violence Against Women Act told them they had an alternative from being battered. The various vaginal useless technique laws wants them to feel guilty about it.

You're a twit.

You know, 7 pages in and you would have thought one of these "conservatives" would have posted some of the things the GOP has done that better the lives of women.

Rather telling.

Oh dear gawd, Conservative women are not like you liberals who thinks they need to the Guberment to make their lives better...

Snowe who announced she would not stand for re-election shortly after the Blunt amendment fiasco (an amendment she opposed); Murkowski who just decried the GOP's "attack on women"; Hutchinson who stood up against her wingnut governor's ill-advised assault on Planned Parenthood. I'm not sure they're reliable allies for you when it comes to the anti-woman agenda.

OK Good. The post was for the edification of [I wish To Be Stupid] to show there were Republican women in the Senate...as at that point *I* could give a tinker's damn of thier record in context.

The first female Speaker of the House was a Democrat. The first female head of the Department of Homeland Security was a Democrat. The current Secretary of State is female and a Democrat.

The highest ranking GOP female is someone named Cathy McMorris Rodgers, and no one knows who she is.

Cathy McMorris Rodgers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cabinet members do tend to go with the party in power.

To just stay on topic, the more interesting question is where Republican women came down on the Blunt amendment and Violence Against Women Act.

OK Good. The post was for the edification of [I wish To Be Stupid] to show there were Republican women in the Senate...as at that point *I* could give a tinker's damn of thier record in context.
No one has ever said there weren't GOP women in the Senate.

You're having an argument in your head.

No one has ever said there weren't GOP women in the Senate.

You're having an argument in your head.
Not implied or refuted. *I* again was embellishing Ms. Willow's point in order to Educate YOU.

*Dismissed* (For not paying attention).

and how was that decided?

"your war on women":lol: what a boiler room hack you are...dude get a new shtick, it won't last forever.

The first female Speaker of the House was a Democrat. The first female head of the Department of Homeland Security was a Democrat. The current Secretary of State is female and a Democrat.

The highest ranking GOP female is someone named Cathy McMorris Rodgers, and no one knows who she is.

Cathy McMorris Rodgers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cabinet members do tend to go with the party in power.

To just stay on topic, the more interesting question is where Republican women came down on the Blunt amendment and Violence Against Women Act.

While we're on that topic, perhaps you could tell us what the FUCK it is about leftists that they cannot see human beings as individuals, and feel compelled to lump them all into monolithic, goose-stepping groups? Or bleating herds of sheep?

Rather telling.

no, whats telling is your patronizing attitude. you 'helped' them so you own them now. why stop at women? how about blacks...oh wait......

and of course any women who buys this latest BS, deserves what ever they get aside from the free contraceptives of course :lol: .

Why is it that the left screams about the right's "War on Women", but it's always LEFTIES that women are having to fight just for the right to be free-thinking, independent individuals, rather than the faceless, monolithic mass of vaginas with one opinion and one viewpoint that lefties try to turn us into?

Whose War On Women?

It didn't come from the right no matter how hard you try to say it is so...

Over what? Contraceptives? Who is paying for them?

And what some Talk show host said of a Democratic TOOL that is soon to be forgotten and thrown too on the ash heap?

How about the single mom, and the rotten economy courtesy of Obama that that mother has to endure as the blame game is played out?

I think YOU are out of your league here junior. :eusa_hand:

How many on the Left are attacking any of those five because they are women?

Forum List

Back