Krauthammer: FOX News should be proud that we annoy Obama so much

:lol:

links in article and two videos at site

SNIP:
posted at 1:11 pm on January 29, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

As we heard in President Obama’s recent interview with TNR, the White House’s irritation with FOX News and rightward-leaning media outlets continues unabated — but as Charles Krauthammer pointed out last night, that should be more of a source of pride than anything else. Nothing says success quite like your competition’s outspoken annoyance:

I love to hear the president whine about FOX News and talk radio. I think we ought to be proud of the fact that we annoy him so much. If you look at the line-up on one side, the liberal media, you start with ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, PBS, MSNBC, the elite newspapers, the one remaining news magazine, the universities, Hollywood — it doesn’t stop anywhere. And on the other side, talk radio, FOX News. And they can’t stand the fact that they no longer have a monopoly.
So, I think it ought to be taken as a compliment. What I’ve always said about Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch, their genius was understanding and locating a niche audience in broadcast cable news, which is half the American people. The half that have suffered for decades by the fact you get the news presented from a single perspective over and over again.

Finally, the fact that there is a new perspective, talk radio and FOX, and they can’t stand it. It’s a source of pride, I would say.

all of it here
Krauthammer: FOX News should be proud that we annoy Obama so much « Hot Air

The only problem is, that Fox News, conservative talk radio and the hatred these outlets generate, are ruining democracy in our country.

Last edited:
:lol:

links in article and two videos at site

SNIP:
posted at 1:11 pm on January 29, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

As we heard in President Obama’s recent interview with TNR, the White House’s irritation with FOX News and rightward-leaning media outlets continues unabated — but as Charles Krauthammer pointed out last night, that should be more of a source of pride than anything else. Nothing says success quite like your competition’s outspoken annoyance:

I love to hear the president whine about FOX News and talk radio. I think we ought to be proud of the fact that we annoy him so much. If you look at the line-up on one side, the liberal media, you start with ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, PBS, MSNBC, the elite newspapers, the one remaining news magazine, the universities, Hollywood — it doesn’t stop anywhere. And on the other side, talk radio, FOX News. And they can’t stand the fact that they no longer have a monopoly.
So, I think it ought to be taken as a compliment. What I’ve always said about Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch, their genius was understanding and locating a niche audience in broadcast cable news, which is half the American people. The half that have suffered for decades by the fact you get the news presented from a single perspective over and over again.

Finally, the fact that there is a new perspective, talk radio and FOX, and they can’t stand it. It’s a source of pride, I would say.

all of it here
Krauthammer: FOX News should be proud that we annoy Obama so much « Hot Air

The only problem is, that Fox News, conservative talk radio and the hatred these outlets generate, are ruining democracy in our country.
We are not a democracy you fucking moron.

Krauthammer on Obamacare: ‘Entire enterprise was a gigantic bait and switch’

7/8/13
Jeff Poor

On Monday’s “Special Report” on the Fox News Channel, Washington Post columnist Charles Krauthammer explained how President Barack Obama was able to employ a “bait and switch” tactic to get his 2010 health care law passed under the guise of being “deficit neutral.”

“The entire enterprise was a gigantic bait and switch,” Krauthammer said. “The administration tried every gimmick in the book so that the president could say Obamacare won’t cost the Treasury a dime. He said it again and again. And anybody over the age of nine is going to understand if you are going to give health insurance to 30 million new Americans, of course it’s going to increase the cost. It’s a law of nature. But they pretended with all the gimmicks and all the postponements and suspensions are now the parts of the bill that are either going to raise revenue or control cost. The employer mandate was a way to get the fines or the insurance provided by the employer.”

However, late last week the Obama administration announced it was postponing the law’s mandate for employers to provide insurance. The White House also announced today it was relaxing the law’s fraud prevention measures. According to Krauthammer, that paves the way for fraud and abuse as well as something that will hook people on the benefits of the law, making it easier to implement fully.

Read more: Krauthammer on Obamacare: 'Gigantic bait and switch' | The Daily Caller

Forum List

Back