Know why Rush Limbaugh's apology has FAILED?

Because it didn't pass the MOM test.

The MOM test is this...

If you had said what Rush said, to one of your siblings, would you have been able to say, "I'm sorry....I was like you and I'm not like you" and have your MOM NOT smack you upside the head and tell you, "APOLOGIZE RIGHT....MEAN IT!"

Everyone knows why Rush "apologized"...he was shedding sponsors.
The problem is, that he cannot just come out and say, he was wrong. No, he has to parse it in some sort of fashion so he can BLAME someone else.
CONZ never take responsibility for their own actions. Never. Not for Iraq. Not for wrecking the economy. Nothing. The right has been ascendant for the last 30 years and they've just about tanked the country.
When I saw the question being asked on national television about income disparity, I knew the pendulum had started to swing back.

Even as "entertainment" its painfully dull.
Who cares?
Do you know why the U.S. Economy has failed?

The Commodities and Futures Moderization Act and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
Both written by former US Senator (R) Phil "Foreclosure" Gramm who is now a lobbyist for swiss banks.

In general terms, Reaganomics is what has wrecked our economy.
Wealth hasn't "trickled down" at all.
Middle class wages are stagnant while CEO pay goes up 200+%?
You denigrate labor and cheer when jobs are shipped offshore.
You give tax breaks to the idly wealthy, while working people see their healthcare costs raise and retirement packages go away.

slut2.jpg

Because it didn't pass the MOM test.

The MOM test is this...

If you had said what Rush said, to one of your siblings, would you have been able to say, "I'm sorry....I was like you and I'm not like you" and have your MOM NOT smack you upside the head and tell you, "APOLOGIZE RIGHT....MEAN IT!"

Everyone knows why Rush "apologized"...he was shedding sponsors.
The problem is, that he cannot just come out and say, he was wrong. No, he has to parse it in some sort of fashion so he can BLAME someone else.
CONZ never take responsibility for their own actions. Never. Not for Iraq. Not for wrecking the economy. Nothing. The right has been ascendant for the last 30 years and they've just about tanked the country.
When I saw the question being asked on national television about income disparity, I knew the pendulum had started to swing back.

Even as "entertainment" its painfully dull.
Who cares?
Do you know why the U.S. Economy has failed?

The Commodities and Futures Moderization Act and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
Both written by former US Senator (R) Phil "Foreclosure" Gramm who is now a lobbyist for swiss banks.

In general terms, Reaganomics is what has wrecked our economy.
Wealth hasn't "trickled down" at all.
Middle class wages are stagnant while CEO pay goes up 200+%?
You denigrate labor and cheer when jobs are shipped offshore.
You give tax breaks to the idly wealthy, while working people see their healthcare costs raise and retirement packages go away.

Reagan Recovery took off once the tax rate cuts were fully phased in. Similarly, the full results of Obamanomics won’t be in until his historic, comprehensive tax rate increases of 2013 become effective. While the Reagan Recovery kicked off a historic 25-year economic boom, will the opposite policies of Obamanomics, once fully phased in, kick off 25 years of economic stagnation, unless reversed?
Reaganomics Vs. Obamanomics: Facts And Figures - Forbes

Yeah, too bad during this massive wealth boom your opinion piece cited....workers didn't get ANY of it.

Now, let's look at some REAL NUMEBRS instead of what this guy just SAID happened, shall we?

inequality-p25_averagehouseholdincom.png

lossgain_0.jpg

So yes, Reaganomics was a HUGE success...if you were very rich.
If you were like MOST AMERICANS though, you got FUCKED to the tune of about a quarter of a million dollars over the last 30 years.

Forum List

Back