Klitschko, Zelenskyy and Biden...

It doesn’t make sense because that’s just not how commodity markets work. The market would just rearrange as there’s plenty of people who want to buy oil who don’t give a shit about Ukraine.

Cool.

Name them.

Idiots like you think you have the answers but you really just don’t know what you’re talking about.
You seem to have some insight into what all of these other countries are thinking. Sure, many of them may not care about Ukraine. But they may very well care about Russians brutal attacks and his invasion into another country. Buying oil from someone else distances these countries from the Moscow Thug and, right now, that's almost universally seen as a positive thing...

Cool.

Name them.
China is a huge one. India. Viet Nam. Philippines. Venezuela. Brazil. Argentina.

And that’s assuming we could convince other countries, some of them not very wealthy, to stop importing cheap oil from Russia.

If you feel better not importing Russian oil, sure. It’s really just virtue signaling though. It won’t have the impact you’re thinking.

But even when we were “energy independent”, we were still buying a lot of oil from Russia and so was Europe. Trump didn’t really do anything about this.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but Nixon wasn't Vietnamese.

Klitschko and Zelenskyy are actual leaders. Biden is a buffoon.

And you're a douchebag...

You surely implied that Biden didn't look like a leader because he wasn't wearing combat fatigues or carrying a weapon. He was just sitting and looking Presidential.

I guess you're to stupid to figure out your own posts, dumbass!

China is a huge one.

Okay, commies will buy from commies. That makes sense...

India. Viet Nam. Philippines. Venezuela. Brazil. Argentina.

What do you base those guesses on?

Also, keep in mind that the ultimate goal would not necessarily be for us to sell oil to them. The goal would be to get them to stop buying from Russia...

And that’s assuming we could convince other countries, some of them not very wealthy, to stop importing cheap oil from Russia.

Many of those countries would probably not choose to be indebted to Russia if they could avoid it...

If you feel better not importing Russian oil, sure. It’s really just virtue signaling though. It won’t have the impact you’re thinking.

I think you're wrong, and I think you're wrong about us not being able to convince other countries to stop buying oil from. That most certainly would have a measurable impact, and it's silly to believe otherwise...

But even when we were “energy independent”, we were still buying a lot of oil from Russia and so was Europe. Trump didn’t really do anything about this.

So you believe that not being energy independent is better?

Okay, commies will buy from commies. That makes sense...

What do you base those guesses on?

Also, keep in mind that the ultimate goal would not necessarily be for us to sell oil to them. The goal would be to get them to stop buying from Russia..

Many of those countries would probably not choose to be indebted to Russia if they could avoid it...

I think you're wrong, and I think you're wrong about us not being able to convince other countries to stop buying oil from. That most certainly would have a measurable impact, and it's silly to believe otherwise...

So you believe that not being energy independent is better?
People want cheap oil more than they want to send a virtuous but ineffective signal about Ukraine.

There are ways to harm Russia's oil sector, but all of these methods will drive up energy costs to constituents by a lot and it scares politicians.

I'd love to believe that, but human nature just isn't that virtuous.
you asked why.

actually human nature, ans why capitalism works, show that people while they want cheaper products, also will spend a little more for quality…which includes the source and how they treat others

you asked why.

actually human nature, ans why capitalism works, show that people while they want cheaper products, also will spend a little more for quality…which includes the source and how they treat others
Oil is a commodity.

And no, people don't care about the source or how they treat others. Not in any significant amount.

Your statements don't reflect reality.

Oil is a commodity.

And no, people don't care about the source or how they treat others. Not in any significant amount.

Your statements don't reflect reality.
of course it does

i and numerous people i know won’t shop at certain place or eat at certain places based on how the business treats customers

of course it does

i and numerous people i know won’t shop at certain place or eat at certain places based on how the business treats customers
Not spending money somewhere because they treat you poorly is far different than not spending money somewhere that treats people you don’t know and will never meet badly.

You’re really moving the goalposts here.

Forum List

Back