Kinzinger & Greene: The faces of the GOP civil war

"The biggest danger right now is that we’ve become a party that dabbles — not just dabbles — we traffic in conspiracies and we traffic in lies,” said Rep. Adam Kinzinger, who on Sunday plans to release a video and website, country1st.com, to start the campaign.

Kinzinger spent the last four years excusing Trump and his crazy, went along with every crazy thing Trump wanted to do. he's like the Mad Scientist who whines when the monster he created turns on him.

View attachment 451384
I don’t think we should demonize or put down those who change their opinion of Trump or Trumpism . Isn’t this what we want after all? In order to get this nation back on track we should welcome those that have finally seen the lie that is Trump and Trumpism. We need more Adam Kinzingers, not less.
True, but if Kinzinger and those like him had spoken up during the past for years, we would not be at this point. Justin Amash got drilled for rejecting trumpism. Where was Kinzinger then?
You have a point. However, there are millions out there whose minds will need to be changed. If we condemn all those that now refute Trump and Trumpism, we will just make these people more embittered. First and foremost is to defeat the scrounge of Trumpism and drive it back into the shadows.

I don’t think we should demonize or put down those who change their opinion of Trump or Trumpism. Isn’t this what we want after all? In order to get this nation back on track we should welcome those that have finally seen the lie that is Trump and Trumpism. We need more Adam Kinzingers, not less.

Actually, what I'd like to see is Republicans sent to the political wilderness for a generation to think about what they did wrong.

The real problem with Trump is that he wasn't a huge departure for where the GOP has been going for the last 20 years or so. He's just a more concentrated form of the toxin.

The sad commentary is that Kizinger probably voted for Trump in 2016, and 2020. And he'll probably vote for him again in 2024.
I don‘t disagree. You are right. In order to do that we have to change minds.

Kingsinger is a dinosaur. The Republican party is the party of Trump and it will never go back. Sorry globalists and establishment neocons. Take a hike. The American worker doesn't want you.

That'll be a shame! The country needs 2 viable political parties at least! Dems are functioning, but Republicans are getting closer and closer to overdosing on their kind of populism! It's the hypocrisy over the decades that kills me! Clinton and Obama could do no right, while bona-fide criminals according to the Constitution are excused; "you're either for us or against us!" I don't and won't like it, but it really is "WAR!" After stealing yet another Supreme Court seat there can be no going back to comety or compromise! I listened to McConnell these last few years when asked about his malfeasence running the Senate; "elections have consequences!" That's what he said! I don't want to hear from those a-holes "on the right" after how they ran things while in control! Fk 'em; fk 'em all! I could go down a long list of how these people look like real jack-arses thinking these are normal times as they're circling the drain eating their young! It's sad and pathetic, but nothing new! It's just gotten more cutthroat with social media exposing how juvenile these people are even in their senior years! :stir:
Dude, we just traded in a lear jet for a jalopy. You surely don't expect people to be happy about that.

Kingsinger is a dinosaur. The Republican party is the party of Trump and it will never go back. Sorry globalists and establishment neocons. Take a hike. The American worker doesn't want you.

That'll be a shame! The country needs 2 viable political parties at least! Dems are functioning, but Republicans are getting closer and closer to overdosing on their kind of populism! It's the hypocrisy over the decades that kills me! Clinton and Obama could do no right, while bona-fide criminals according to the Constitution are excused; "you're either for us or against us!" I don't and won't like it, but it really is "WAR!" After stealing yet another Supreme Court seat there can be no going back to comety or compromise! I listened to McConnell these last few years when asked about his malfeasence running the Senate; "elections have consequences!" That's what he said! I don't want to hear from those a-holes "on the right" after how they ran things while in control! Fk 'em; fk 'em all! I could go down a long list of how these people look like real jack-arses thinking these are normal times as they're circling the drain eating their young! It's sad and pathetic, but nothing new! It's just gotten more cutthroat with social media exposing how juvenile these people are even in their senior years! :stir:
Dude, we just traded in a lear jet for a jalopy. You surely don't expect people to be happy about that.

I really don't GAF what people's expectations are! They fk'n don't know what they want! We say we want honesty in politics, then take on a sociopathic liar as president for 4 years! I stopped counting at 30,000 untruths! :cheeky-smiley-018:

I really don't GAF what people's expectations are! They fk'n don't know what they want! We say we want honesty in politics, then take on a sociopathic liar as president for 4 years! I stopped counting at 30,000 untruths! :cheeky-smiley-018:
The amazing thing here is they'll buy in to any juicy conspiracy theory that comes down the road from their alternate universe, but they somehow don't see the 800 pound gorilla standing directly in front of them.

They think Donald Trump is a sincere, committed populist, and that he'll lead them to the Promised Land.

Holy crap.

The amazing thing here is they'll buy in to any juicy conspiracy theory that comes down the road from their alternate universe, but they somehow don't see the 800 pound gorilla standing directly in front of them.

They think Donald Trump is a sincere, committed populist, and that he'll lead them to the Promised Land.

Holy crap.

Promised Land = Over A Cliff ;)

The party probably needs to decide which direction it's going to go, and these two legislators are the faces of that decision. Will it be Republican Conservatism or Trumpian Populism?

============

"The biggest danger right now is that we’ve become a party that dabbles — not just dabbles — we traffic in conspiracies and we traffic in lies,” said Rep. Adam Kinzinger, who on Sunday plans to release a video and website, country1st.com, to start the campaign.

"Republicans must say enough is enough. It’s time to unplug the outrage machine, reject the politics of personality, and cast aside the conspiracy theories and rage. It’s time to turn back from the edge of darkness and return to the ideals that have long been our guiding light," he said in the recorded video. "It’s now or never. The choice is ours. I’ve made mine, and I hope every Republican, and every American who shares our values, will choose to join me. Let’s take back our party."

“If you have any common sense, you know she's an anchor on the party. She is weighing us down,” said Gabriel Sterling, a Republican election administrator who became a leading voice criticizing the baseless election conspiracy theories espoused by Trump and his supporters like Greene.

“Some people are saying maybe [House Speaker] Nancy Pelosi will throw her out” of Congress, Sterling said, referring to the House speaker. “The Democrats would never throw her out. They want her to be the definition of what a Republican is. They’re gonna give her every opportunity to speak and be heard and look crazy — like what came out Wednesday, the Jewish space laser to start fires. I mean, I don't know how far down the rabbit hole you go.”

============

What happens to this party?
It's not much of a civil war The party is Trump's today and will be in 4 years.
Yes, but how much of it? Apparatus doesn't mean much, if the people won't come out for a party that's lost its soul.

The party probably needs to decide which direction it's going to go, and these two legislators are the faces of that decision. Will it be Republican Conservatism or Trumpian Populism?

============

"Republicans must say enough is enough. It’s time to unplug the outrage machine, reject the politics of personality, and cast aside the conspiracy theories and rage. It’s time to turn back from the edge of darkness and return to the ideals that have long been our guiding light," he said in the recorded video. "It’s now or never. The choice is ours. I’ve made mine, and I hope every Republican, and every American who shares our values, will choose to join me. Let’s take back our party."

“If you have any common sense, you know she's an anchor on the party. She is weighing us down,” said Gabriel Sterling, a Republican election administrator who became a leading voice criticizing the baseless election conspiracy theories espoused by Trump and his supporters like Greene.

“Some people are saying maybe [House Speaker] Nancy Pelosi will throw her out” of Congress, Sterling said, referring to the House speaker. “The Democrats would never throw her out. They want her to be the definition of what a Republican is. They’re gonna give her every opportunity to speak and be heard and look crazy — like what came out Wednesday, the Jewish space laser to start fires. I mean, I don't know how far down the rabbit hole you go.”

============

You guys have been butthurt for over 4 years and amazingly still are. Let it out slowly. It's more therapeutic that way. You'll need it when Trump comes back.

Neither.

these fools will all be primaried out of office in 2022. Which I'm kind of fine with.

My guess, you will see a lot of crazies on the GOP side win primaries in 2022. They'll lose easily winnable senate races, but the GOP will make gains because it's a midterm and because of redistricting.
Why should the same GOP’er be primaried out?

the other one should be removed now

============

============

You guys have been butthurt for over 4 years and amazingly still are. Let it out slowly. It's more therapeutic that way. You'll need it when Trump comes back.
Yes. How dare smart people not appreciate insane lying white supremacist insurrectionists.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
You'll need it when Trump comes back.
Their orange Jesus. This is how much they love this guy.

And they think he loves them, too!
When Donald was interviewed by Howard stern years ago, he said that if he ever ran for president, he would run as a republican because they are so stupid they would believe whatever he told them.

if nothing else, he understood his audience. That’s why we are where we are.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
And here we have the white racist whining from lew rockwell.

Well i don't get my readin material from target so....ya know

You read racist whiny crap. It's about time white supremacist groups got treated like the terrorists they are. This Act is not about prosecuting white people. It is about prosecuting racist white people. So the way to not get prosecuted is to not be violent white racist.

When Donald was interviewed by Howard stern years ago, he said that if he ever ran for president, he would run as a republican because they are so stupid they would believe whatever he told them.

Old fashioned target marketing: He zeroed in on a large, gullible, frustrated, paranoid, easily-identifiable, easily-reachable market -- the talk radio crowd -- and spoke to them and only them, in their specific language, for four solid years.

This is how that strategy manifested.

============

============

I can't wait! I say, "bring it on!" If we're stupid enough to be hood-winked again by this con man, we deserve whatever happens! I keep asking Republicans, "how low can you go? When will you finally scrape the bottom of the barrel when it comes to character?" They never disappoint if looking for the worst in people! Repuklicans are using diamond-drills trying to bore into the very core of their pathetic, crumbling souls! :cheeky-smiley-018: :stir: :smartass:

============

============

I suspect that Rep Kinzinger will switch parties like guys like Jeffords and Specter did before him. Not a big deal, and certainly not unprecedented.

============

============

All the GOP has to do is go along with ferrymandering reform. If she didn't live in a crazy district engineered to elect the most far-right loons, she wouldn't have been elected.

Without gerrymandering reform, the party and the country will continue in its present death spiral, and y'all better learn to speak Mandarin.

Old fashioned target marketing: He zeroed in on a large, gullible, frustrated, paranoid, easily-identifiable, easily-reachable market -- the talk radio crowd -- and spoke to them and only them, in their specific language, for four solid years.

This is how that strategy manifested.
He wanted the low hanging fruit, then settled for the low hanging fruitcakes.

Forum List

Back