Killings by UK Police double in December - Britain at war !

The thread is a bit more basic than that.UK police killing me is less likely than me landing on the moon. There are systemic reasons for that.

It all comes back to the way our societies are run. Availability of guns feeds on itself and escalates violence. There are vested interests in the US that feed the craziness but this doesnt seem to be the case elsewhere in the world
That's exactly the kind of reply that makes the crazies even more crazy. Straight facts!
I would have just added: Yes, America's big cities are indeed shitholes as is suggested by the political right.

The thread is a bit more basic than that.UK police killing me is less likely than me landing on the moon. There are systemic reasons for that.

It all comes back to the way our societies are run. Availability of guns feeds on itself and escalates violence. There are vested interests in the US that feed the craziness but this doesnt seem to be the case elsewhere in the world
Yes, American society and say British society have many differences. I don't think that curbing availability of guns will automatically mean lessening the number of crimes. The issue is much deeper than just a linear dependency.

Look at Mexico as an example. This country has one of the strictest gun laws in the world, but crime rates there are sky high.

Yes, American society and say British society have many differences. I don't think that curbing availability of guns will automatically mean lessening the number of crimes. The issue is much deeper than just a linear dependency.

Look at Mexico as an example. This country has one of the strictest gun laws in the world, but crime rates there are sky high.
Its the culture isnt it. The US was born of violence and theft.That fear of being robbed persists to this day.

Its the culture isnt it. The US was born of violence and theft.That fear of being robbed persists to this day.
Well, Britain's influence and might was also based on violence and theft. Fear of being robbed has some real basis, doesn't it?

Forum List

Back