Killer Astroid

I believe in human invention and inginuity, but I firmly believe also that we got a GIANT jump start of physics from something somewhere. This is not solid proof, albeit, but for me it gives the theory credence. I'm still skeptical and hopeful all at the same time.

right....i saw a show on Discovery or History Channel, one of them about this.....and the things they presented,it seems quite plausible..........

Show me where we achieved a huge jump in any science via alien help? In the reading I have done on the history of science, it was accomplished in many small steps, with occasional grand flashes of insight.

Discovered in January they claim this thing will come within 18,000 miles from earth impact. That is a little too close people.

Discovery of PHA K09B81D 2009 BD81

I was watching the launch today and this science guy just comes on and blurts out that we could use this new rocket to save the earth from the astroid impact....WTF????

"2009 BD81 will make its closest approach to Earth on this opposition on February 27th 2009. "

Phew.. Lucky for us..

But THIS asteroid has a higher chance of hitting us in 2014- but "probably wont" :lol: I love PR dribble..

Discovery Channel :: 'Killer Asteroid' Will Pass Us By

Eh there are potentially 20,000 asteroids that NASA doesn't even have the funding to FIND and track much less destroy..

Que Sera sera.. Wish I could be more comforting..

I believe in human invention and inginuity, but I firmly believe also that we got a GIANT jump start of physics from something somewhere. This is not solid proof, albeit, but for me it gives the theory credence. I'm still skeptical and hopeful all at the same time.

right....i saw a show on Discovery or History Channel, one of them about this.....and the things they presented,it seems quite plausible..........

Show me where we achieved a huge jump in any science via alien help? In the reading I have done on the history of science, it was accomplished in many small steps, with occasional grand flashes of insight.

Read the book, "Majestic." by Whitley Strieber (I think) Very compelling, and written as a fiction...but, he gave reasons for having to write it under that guise. He stated the reasons for leaking technology in small steps. I don't know if it's true, but, like I said it was a compelling book

Agree. In fact, I find the idea of parrallel universes intriquing. However, still doesn't change the basic fact that those that claim an alien prescence have to provide the proof.

and the same with extra dimensional beings....and Rocks you cant provide me with proof that we havent been visited....when i see cave drawings from ancient times of humanoids dressed in what appears to be some kind of space suit....whats that all about?....what did that individual see to inspire that drawing?....

And halo's arround the heads of saints are inspired by what? I do not know the why of some of the drawings of older civilizations. But to claim, with only that as evidence, that this is evidence of alien visitation is mighty weak evidence.

the pictures i saw Rocks were 3 humanoids with what looked to be helmets on, not halos...and on that same program they showed another drawing of what looked very much like a round ship hovering over an area with depictions of people looking up at it.....now if people today say they have seen UFO's....why not back then also?....

Rocks even the Physicists on that particular show said they cant prove that, but they said that there have been times in history when there seemed to be a BIG kick in the sciences and what they saw man doing at that time just did not explain the "jump".....its almost as if someone interjected a little tidbit into the mix to put us over the hill so to speak.....

Because lightspeed isn't a prerequisit for alien beings to be here. There could be a yet to be discovered dimension, and they could be indigenous to Earth and have cracked the technology to change dimensions while not-yet cracking the Technology to fly at light speed. Imaginations are fun. We are rookies at physics, agree or disagree?

Agree. In fact, I find the idea of parrallel universes intriquing. However, still doesn't change the basic fact that those that claim an alien prescence have to provide the proof.

and the same with extra dimensional beings....and Rocks you cant provide me with proof that we havent been visited....when i see cave drawings from ancient times of humanoids dressed in what appears to be some kind of space suit....whats that all about?....what did that individual see to inspire that drawing?....

I can't remember where I saw it but a guy who I guess gets PAID to think about this kind of stuff said it is FAR more likely that we would be visited by interdimensional beings. I mean you have to consider the MASSIVE distances you would have to travel to get to even the next solar system. Even if you COULD go faster than light you would have to go WAY faster than light like 1000 X the speed of light. Or you would have to have some kind of HYPERSPACE (dimensional folding) or other way to get to other solar systems.

Well, Harry, I really don't think that ever happened, however, just for fun;

Jonathan Swift and the moons of Mars

Irish clergyman and social and political commentator, best known for his satirical fantasy Gulliver's Travels, originally entitled Travels into Several Remote Nations of the World in Four Parts ... by Lemuel Gulliver (1726), in which reference is made to two (then undiscovered) moons of Mars. The astronomers on the flying island of Laputia, says Gulliver, have
... discovered two lesser stars, or satellites, which revolve around Mars, whereof the innermost is distant from the center of the primary exactly three of his diameters, and the outermost five: the former revolves in the space of ten hours, and the latter in twenty-one and a half.
When the two Martian moons, Phobos and Deimos, were eventually found, by Asaph Hall at the US Naval Observatory, their orbits proved to be quite similar to those described in Swift's novel. Phobos is actually 6,000 km from the surface of Mars and revolves around Mars in 7.7 hours, whereas Swift gave the values 13,600 km and 10 hours, respectively. Deimos averages 20,100 km from Mars and orbits in 30.3 hours; Swift gives 27,200 km and 21.5 hours, respectively.

Last edited:
I think we may be able to do things like Astral Projection to other worlds(there but not physically) because we will eventually break down the barriers to genetic manipulation ( see eugenics war from Star Trek) and our mental powers will increase exponentially. We may even be able to master dimensional folding. Either way I don't think it will be our mastery of science (technical mechanical) but our development of mental powers we could only DREAM of right now. We only use 10% of our mental capacity just think if it were 20% 50% 80%.

Last edited:
We cannot travel at light speed or even near light speed because of the energy requirements. We will have to develop some kind of "warp" or do the very traveling city arrangement to do manned interstellar travel. Larry Niven has some very good stories in science fiction concerning the 'slow boat' approach.

Forum List

Back