Kid catches a temporary buzz, and mom wants $75K!

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
Mom Sues After 5-Year-Old Allegedly Served Long Island Iced Tea

POSTED: 10:48 pm EST January 8, 2006
UPDATED: 12:09 pm EST January 9, 2006

A mother in New York is suing an Applebee's restaurant after her 5-year-old son was allegedly served a Long Island Iced Tea instead of apple juice.

Cynthia Pereles said she took her son Seth to dinner at the franchised restaurant in Battery Park City and ordered him an apple juice.

Pereles said she did not realize her son was drinking a concoction of white rum, gin, vodka, triple sec, Coke and sweet-and-sour mix until it was too late. The boy's eyes became glazed and he began to laugh uncontrollably, according to a report.

"When you're looking at your 5-year-old and you're asking him, quiet down Seth, sit still and you see that mentally and physically he cannot comply with what you're asking him to do because he is under the influence," Pereles said.

The boy was taken to the hospital and doctors found alcohol in the child's blood.

Pereles said the restaurant admitted the mistake but she is still suing for $75,000.

A manager at the restaurant declined comment.

http://www.local6.com/news/5939518/detail.html

Only three zeroes on the end...pretty moderate of her. A good lawyer would at least go for $750,000. Emotional distress and all that.

Abbey Normal said:
Pereles said the restaurant admitted the mistake but she is still suing for $75,000.

Does that mean I can sell alcohol to minors as long as I admit the mistake?

75K seems extreme. But Applebee's ought pay something as a punitive measure.

three years ago I was working for a County in Nevada as a Park Ranger...just trying to add to my pension for retirement...well I was injured on the job...lost 19% of my mobility...I settled for medical bills and lost wages for the actual time work lost...I had a State Attorney represent me..I had offers from many atorneys in private practice contact me and say they could make me rich...I passed on the offers being a 'ethical person'...I am still diasbled 19% and in pain physically but not spiritually...I setteled for what I perceived as what was owed vs getting rich! :rolleyes:

dmp said:
how does one measure x% of mobility? Prior, one could run an obstical course in 60 seconds, now it takes 71.4 seconds?

I'm not a physical therapist...however I was run through the gammit...during the process...all the experts said I was 19% disabled...my pain is my problem...and I live with it everyday...as I do from my disabilty pension from the VA...I did not get rich as I chose the high road...I accepted some responsibilty...just food for thought!

archangel said:
I'm not a physical therapist...however I was run through the gammit...during the process...all the experts said I was 19% disabled...my pain is my problem...and I live with it everyday...as I do from my disabilty pension from the VA...I did not get rich as I chose the high road...I accepted some responsibilty...just food for thought!
How were you injured?

SpidermanTuba said:
Does that mean I can sell alcohol to minors as long as I admit the mistake?

75K seems extreme. But Applebee's ought pay something as a punitive measure.
How much should the mom pay for not being able to tell the difference between a long island and an apple juice?

The ClayTaurus said:
How were you injured?

ya are really starting to concern me as to your "true" inquisative nature or lack of it...go for the point kinda dude!

archangel said:
ya are really starting to concern me as to your "true" inquisative nature or lack of it...go for the point kinda dude!

We should find a way to have your posts include subtitles so some of us young dumb kids can understand what you are saying. :)

:poke:

:p:

archangel said:
The point is, how were you injured?

You're looking too hard for ulterior motives, friend.

archangel said:

Why all the concern about "gotchas"? If what you write is true and accurate then there can be none.

MissileMan said:
Why all the concern about "gotchas"? If what you write is true and accurate then there can be none.

I gave what was necessary to make the point...the details are private...even you should understand that...for the rest of the dudes making a inquisitian of this...hey I have never seen any of you go as far as I have...let's see the details of your private lives! y'all just make general statements then attack those who go just a little farther...intimant details are not your concern or business! Now go ahead and attack my typos or mispelling if it makes ya feel better!

archangel said:
I gave what was necessary to make the point...the details are private...even you should understand that...for the rest of the dudes making a inquisitian of this...hey I have never seen any of you go as far as I have...let's see the details of your private lives! y'all just make general statements then attack those who go just a little farther...intimant details are not your concern or business! Now go ahead and attack my typos or mispelling if it makes ya feel better!
You're drunk, aren't you?!?!? GOTCHA!

archangel said:
...hey I have never seen any of you go as far as I have...let's see the details of your private lives! y'all just make general statements then attack those who go just a little farther...intimant details are not your concern or business!

Wow...Honestly? I have SOO Much personal info on this site it's a bit scary.

Where to start..

I was born a poor black child in a hospital in Seattle. Lived in Kentucky, Spokane WA, Kent WA, Renton WA - joined the Army in 1992. Spent most of my enlistment in Germany. Returned to Renton - Married a Teenager. Went back into the Army. Three years later was seperated from service due to persistant knee and foot pain. The knees sorta just 'happened'. I worked for an asshole in Korea - and was a bit afraid to stand up to him. I had a note from a Doctor saying 'No Ruck-Marching'.

"Fine" the A-hole said, "Doesn't say you can't RUN with a ruck, does it?"

I let him do that shit w/o taking it higher.

So - yeah...6 years active, 2 years in the Guard. MOS's of 16/14S and 71L.

Attached you'll see a pic of my ribbons:

Two ARCOMS, Four AAMs, a couple GCMs, National Defense Service, Korean Service Medal*, Noncommissioned Officer Course, Army Service Ribbon, OverSeas Service Ribbon.

*KSM created and awarded after seperation from service - still working to correct my records.

My SSN is 123-45-6789

Attachments

• $ribbonsrankavatar.gif
    $ribbonsrankavatar.gif
    3 KB · Views: 185
dmp said:
Wow...Honestly? I have SOO Much personal info on this site it's a bit scary.

Where to start..

I was born a poor black child in a hospital in Seattle. Lived in Kentucky, Spokane WA, Kent WA, Renton WA - joined the Army in 1992. Spent most of my enlistment in Germany. Returned to Renton - Married a Teenager. Went back into the Army. Three years later was seperated from service due to persistant knee and foot pain. The knees sorta just 'happened'. I worked for an asshole in Korea - and was a bit afraid to stand up to him. I had a note from a Doctor saying 'No Ruck-Marching'.

"Fine" the A-hole said, "Doesn't say you can't RUN with a ruck, does it?"

I let him do that shit w/o taking it higher.

So - yeah...6 years active, 2 years in the Guard. MOS's of 16/14S and 71L.

Attached you'll see a pic of my ribbons:

Two ARCOMS, Four AAMs, a couple GCMs, National Defense Service, Korean Service Medal*, Noncommissioned Officer Course, Army Service Ribbon, OverSeas Service Ribbon.

*KSM created and awarded after seperation from service - still working to correct my records.

now let's hear from clay the wonder boy....LOL

The ClayTaurus said:
Whaddaya wanna know? Ask and yee shall recieve.
ask and ye shall recieve...so ya say ya are a rich little boy... a stud... in excellent physical health...then why aren't ya serving your country in the military....ya no kinda sorta to get real time experience to draw from! Instead of all the college level rhetoric..like I'm so cool and so aware and so educated...and so viral..and I can kick ass on all the old farts...cause even though I have never been there or done that...well my professors said I was cool and smart and desreved the "A"....LOL :whip:

Forum List

Back