Keystone Pipeline Benefits?

Once you strip all the bullshit claims from the anti-pipeline rhetoric, what you find at the bottom is a hatred of oil, a hatred of corporations, and a hatred of profits.

That's it. Nothing more.

Hooray! Now we have access to the most expensive imported oil in the world. Yippie! The price of crude oil will have to stay above $80 a barrel for Canadian oil to be profitable.....huzzah!

You have access already. Via rail and truck AND Keystone I and Keystone II.

What is it going to take to get it thru peoples thick skulls is that we are your number one supplier.

It's not going to change.

so where has all the help for this country gone with Keystone I & ll soundly in place ?

riddle me that

You buy our oil and refine it and fucking use it. Get a grip.

From my understanding is that the keystone pipeline is solely about helping Canada get to the gulf and ship oil out the US and has nothing to do with: 1. Getting the US more oil (like many like myself were led to believe) and 2. Not about producing and sending any of our oil anywhere.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but other than the over inflated (yes the right lies about the number of jobs that are created, just like the left does) temporary jobs, what is the big benefit to the US that we continue fight back and forth over.

If it truly was about getting more Canadian oil to the stated, then I am for it. It should more forward, but if it's solely about getting Canadian oil to the gulf, then I have no idea why (other then generous kickbacks), whey the Republicans are pushing for this so hard!
Keystone XL pipeline

Wow....talk about your propaganda........

Keystone is an EXPORT pipeline, no propaganda about it... do you know what EXPORT means ??

It's going to get to the Gulf refineries either by the pipeline or rail or trucks.

Deal with it.

The $5.3-billion Keystone XL Pipeline Project is the largest infrastructure project currently proposed in the United States. Construction of the 1,179-mile pipeline will require 9,000 skilled American workers. The project will provide jobs for welders, mechanics, electricians, pipefitters, laborers, safety coordinators, heavy equipment operators and other workers who rely on large construction projects for their livelihoods.

In addition to construction jobs, an estimated 7,000 U.S. jobs are being supported in manufacturing the steel pipe and the thousands of fittings, valves, pumps and control devices required for a major oil pipeline.

TransCanada has contracts with more than 50 suppliers across the U.S., including companies in Texas, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Indiana, Georgia, Maryland, New York, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Ohio, Arkansas, Kansas, California and Pennsylvania.

TransCanada employed 4,844 Americans in Oklahoma and Texas on construction of the $2.3-billion Gulf Coast Pipeline Project, which is expected to be complete by the end of this year.

Construction and development of the Keystone XL and Gulf Coast Pipeline Projects is anticipated to generate $20 billion in economic impact in the United States, including $99 million in local government revenues and $486 million in state government revenues during construction.

The pipelines will also generate an estimated $5 billion in additional property taxes during their operational life.

The Canadian Energy Research Institute predicts that Keystone XL will add $172 billion to America’s gross domestic product by 2035 and will create an additional 1.8 million person-years of employment in the United States over the next 22 years.

Way more at link.

Jobs Economic Benefits Keystone XL Pipeline

Hooray.....thousands of temporary unsustainable jobs. Another victory for the American people.

Are you really that obtuse? Construction jobs are temporary in nature

If Keystone actually did something it would be different .. theres plenty more BTW

partisan bullshit AND an endless supply of it ...

you want oil, step offshore and drill.

The $5.3-billion Keystone XL Pipeline Project is the largest infrastructure project currently proposed in the United States. Construction of the 1,179-mile pipeline will require 9,000 skilled American workers. The project will provide jobs for welders, mechanics, electricians, pipefitters, laborers, safety coordinators, heavy equipment operators and other workers who rely on large construction projects for their livelihoods.

In addition to construction jobs, an estimated 7,000 U.S. jobs are being supported in manufacturing the steel pipe and the thousands of fittings, valves, pumps and control devices required for a major oil pipeline.

TransCanada has contracts with more than 50 suppliers across the U.S., including companies in Texas, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Indiana, Georgia, Maryland, New York, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Ohio, Arkansas, Kansas, California and Pennsylvania.

TransCanada employed 4,844 Americans in Oklahoma and Texas on construction of the $2.3-billion Gulf Coast Pipeline Project, which is expected to be complete by the end of this year.

Construction and development of the Keystone XL and Gulf Coast Pipeline Projects is anticipated to generate $20 billion in economic impact in the United States, including $99 million in local government revenues and $486 million in state government revenues during construction.

The pipelines will also generate an estimated $5 billion in additional property taxes during their operational life.

The Canadian Energy Research Institute predicts that Keystone XL will add $172 billion to America’s gross domestic product by 2035 and will create an additional 1.8 million person-years of employment in the United States over the next 22 years.

Way more at link.

Hooray.....thousands of temporary unsustainable jobs. Another victory for the American people.

:lol:

Construction work by its very nature is temporary. Give your head a shake.

Your own State Department projects 42,000 jobs.

Keystone XL is the definition of shovel-ready infrastructure project. Almost overnight, Keystone XL could put 9,000 hard-working American men and women directly to work. The U.S. State Department’s Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (PDF, 4 MB) found that the project would support more than 42,000 direct and indirect jobs nationwide.

Last edited:
From my understanding is that the keystone pipeline is solely about helping Canada get to the gulf and ship oil out the US and has nothing to do with: 1. Getting the US more oil (like many like myself were led to believe) and 2. Not about producing and sending any of our oil anywhere.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but other than the over inflated (yes the right lies about the number of jobs that are created, just like the left does) temporary jobs, what is the big benefit to the US that we continue fight back and forth over.

If it truly was about getting more Canadian oil to the stated, then I am for it. It should more forward, but if it's solely about getting Canadian oil to the gulf, then I have no idea why (other then generous kickbacks), whey the Republicans are pushing for this so hard!
Keystone XL pipeline

Keystone is an EXPORT pipeline, no propaganda about it... do you know what EXPORT means ??
Ya so,its also going to move other products,whats your point?

Keystone XL pipeline

Once you strip all the bullshit claims from the anti-pipeline rhetoric, what you find at the bottom is a hatred of oil, a hatred of corporations, and a hatred of profits.

That's it. Nothing more.
You also have to include this sense of being better than others,they seem to all posses.

something about eminent domain on American dirt for Canadians and their oil pisses me off ... if it wasn't oil related the RW's would be shittin' bricks about it.

Hooray! Now we have access to the most expensive imported oil in the world. Yippie! The price of crude oil will have to stay above $80 a barrel for Canadian oil to be profitable.....huzzah!

What is it going to take to get it thru peoples thick skulls is that we are your number one supplier.

so where has all the help for this country gone with Keystone I & ll soundly in place ?

riddle me that

The pipeline is unnecessary, we have enough oil already with more domestic production to come. Canadian oil is the dirtiest, most inefficient and expensive oil in the world. I think we can do better.

Keystone XL pipeline

Sorry to burst your mental bubble, but Keystone XL stands for eXport Limited.

something about eminent domain on American dirt for Canadians and their oil pisses me off ... if it wasn't oil related the RW's would be shittin' bricks about it.
Can you not read,other products will be moved as well as oil from Canada,

Way more at link.

Keystone XL is the definition of shovel-ready infrastructure project. Almost overnight, Keystone XL could put 9,000 hard-working American men and women directly to work. The U.S. State Department’s Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (PDF, 4 MB) found that the project would support more than 42,000 direct and indirect jobs nationwide.

So again no tangible sustained benefits there either.

riddle me that

The pipeline is unnecessary, we have enough oil already with more domestic production to come. Canadian oil is the dirtiest, most inefficient and expensive oil in the world. I think we can do better.
We are ,we will pump other products,will be upgrading to new and better systems,and providing revenue and taxes,as well as jobs.If we let people like you run things we would still be chasing our food with a sharp stick.

Way more at link.

Once again like talking to a stone

Way more at link.

Once again like talking to a stone

I think we should all be very thankful for a pipeline that carries foreign oil through our land so it can be sold on the global market.

I think it great that all those good paying union jobs will be created when the demand to build a pipeline happens.
I just wonder how Republicans will live with them selves supporting those good paying union jobs.
What a dilemma.

Forum List

Back