Keystone Pipeline Benefits?

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
From my understanding is that the keystone pipeline is solely about helping Canada get to the gulf and ship oil out the US and has nothing to do with: 1. Getting the US more oil (like many like myself were led to believe) and 2. Not about producing and sending any of our oil anywhere.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but other than the over inflated (yes the right lies about the number of jobs that are created, just like the left does) temporary jobs, what is the big benefit to the US that we continue fight back and forth over.

If it truly was about getting more Canadian oil to the stated, then I am for it. It should more forward, but if it's solely about getting Canadian oil to the gulf, then I have no idea why (other then generous kickbacks), whey the Republicans are pushing for this so hard!

keystone-pipeline-map-167.jpg

From my understanding is that the keystone pipeline is solely about helping Canada get to the gulf and ship oil out the US and has nothing to do with: 1. Getting the US more oil (like many like myself were led to believe) and 2. Not about producing and sending any of our oil anywhere.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but other than the over inflated (yes the right lies about the number of jobs that are created, just like the left does) temporary jobs, what is the big benefit to the US that we continue fight back and forth over.

If it truly was about getting more Canadian oil to the stated, then I am for it. It should more forward, but if it's solely about getting Canadian oil to the gulf, then I have no idea why (other then generous kickbacks), whey the Republicans are pushing for this so hard!

Adding to our pipeline network will also help our fracked oil get to market, without using more dangerous train cars or trucks.

More than just one product will me transported,fee and taxes will be collected,an upgrade to our old pipeline systems is a good thing,and it will provide jobs. There is no rational reason why we shouldn't build it.

Well Canada is your number one supplier after all so I have no clue whatsoever why anyone or their mother would object to the Keystone XL.

You are going to buy and refine the oil no matter what method of transportation is used.

The Keystone is also going to be used to transport products from your producers as well. Just south of me in North Dakota the Bakken fields are rocking and they will be shipping on the XL big time.

The pipeline will also deliver ND oil. But that's beside the point. The Feds have no business holding up perfectly legal private sector development such as this.

If they had kept control of the Senate, the perfidious "Democrats" would never have voted for it. Next election they will claim they were for it all along. And their acolytes think this fraud upon the voters is just fine...

There is zero reason to not build it. It's being held up due to demagoguery of radical enviro-kooks.

Hooray! Now we have access to the most expensive imported oil in the world. Yippie! The price of crude oil will have to stay above $80 a barrel for Canadian oil to be profitable.....huzzah!

Hooray! Now we have access to the most expensive imported oil in the world. Yippie! The price of crude oil will have to stay above $80 a barrel for Canadian oil to be profitable.....huzzah!

You have access already. Via rail and truck AND Keystone I and Keystone II.

What is it going to take to get it thru peoples thick skulls is that we are your number one supplier.

It's not going to change.

Keystone XL pipeline

The $5.3-billion Keystone XL Pipeline Project is the largest infrastructure project currently proposed in the United States. Construction of the 1,179-mile pipeline will require 9,000 skilled American workers. The project will provide jobs for welders, mechanics, electricians, pipefitters, laborers, safety coordinators, heavy equipment operators and other workers who rely on large construction projects for their livelihoods.

In addition to construction jobs, an estimated 7,000 U.S. jobs are being supported in manufacturing the steel pipe and the thousands of fittings, valves, pumps and control devices required for a major oil pipeline.

TransCanada has contracts with more than 50 suppliers across the U.S., including companies in Texas, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Indiana, Georgia, Maryland, New York, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Ohio, Arkansas, Kansas, California and Pennsylvania.

TransCanada employed 4,844 Americans in Oklahoma and Texas on construction of the $2.3-billion Gulf Coast Pipeline Project, which is expected to be complete by the end of this year.

Construction and development of the Keystone XL and Gulf Coast Pipeline Projects is anticipated to generate $20 billion in economic impact in the United States, including $99 million in local government revenues and $486 million in state government revenues during construction.

The pipelines will also generate an estimated $5 billion in additional property taxes during their operational life.

The Canadian Energy Research Institute predicts that Keystone XL will add $172 billion to America’s gross domestic product by 2035 and will create an additional 1.8 million person-years of employment in the United States over the next 22 years.

Way more at link.

Jobs Economic Benefits Keystone XL Pipeline

it benefits Boehner. He's been personally investing in companies that stand to make billions of $$ if Keystone is passed since 2009. That's ALL you need to know

What is it going to take to get it thru peoples thick skulls is that we are your number one supplier.

We used to get about forty percent of our oil from the middle east.......things change all the time.

The $5.3-billion Keystone XL Pipeline Project is the largest infrastructure project currently proposed in the United States. Construction of the 1,179-mile pipeline will require 9,000 skilled American workers. The project will provide jobs for welders, mechanics, electricians, pipefitters, laborers, safety coordinators, heavy equipment operators and other workers who rely on large construction projects for their livelihoods.

In addition to construction jobs, an estimated 7,000 U.S. jobs are being supported in manufacturing the steel pipe and the thousands of fittings, valves, pumps and control devices required for a major oil pipeline.

TransCanada has contracts with more than 50 suppliers across the U.S., including companies in Texas, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Indiana, Georgia, Maryland, New York, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Ohio, Arkansas, Kansas, California and Pennsylvania.

TransCanada employed 4,844 Americans in Oklahoma and Texas on construction of the $2.3-billion Gulf Coast Pipeline Project, which is expected to be complete by the end of this year.

Construction and development of the Keystone XL and Gulf Coast Pipeline Projects is anticipated to generate $20 billion in economic impact in the United States, including $99 million in local government revenues and $486 million in state government revenues during construction.

The pipelines will also generate an estimated $5 billion in additional property taxes during their operational life.

The Canadian Energy Research Institute predicts that Keystone XL will add $172 billion to America’s gross domestic product by 2035 and will create an additional 1.8 million person-years of employment in the United States over the next 22 years.

Way more at link.

Jobs Economic Benefits Keystone XL Pipeline

Hooray.....thousands of temporary unsustainable jobs. Another victory for the American people.

so where has all the help for this country gone with Keystone I & ll soundly in place ?

riddle me that

the pipe that goes down is made in India.. support those dot heads ?

save a cow.

Adding to our pipeline network will also help our fracked oil get to market, without using more dangerous train cars or trucks.

And, adding jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs - you know, those things that Liberals despise??

Keystone XL pipeline

Wow....talk about your propaganda........

Keystone XL pipeline

Wow....talk about your propaganda........

Keystone is an EXPORT pipeline, no propaganda about it... do you know what EXPORT means ??

Forum List

Back