Key Democrat Operatives. "We Are Going to Lose the Senate Next Year."

You're argument would make sense if the 1% were actually PRODUCING 43% of the goods and services that constitute wealth, rather than just manipulating the system where they collect the rewards.

You're unsuccessful in making it happen and a perpetual victim of the successful, therefore everyone who is successful is manipulating the system to collect rewards in your estimation.

Tough call, I can see it going either way. But I agree with rightwinger, once people start getting the goodies, subsidies paid for by "someone else", it's tough to take them away. The Democrats know that and they're betting on it.

Yes, because the 1% totally deserves to control 43% of the wealth in this country.

You guys whine about the entitlement state, but never want to address its cause- wealth inequality.

If all those Democratic voters had renumerative jobs, maybe they wouldn't be so keen to vote for "Free stuff."

You can certainly make simplistic, knee-jerk assumptions regarding my opinion of wealth inequality and income taxation, but you're missing my point - which is that the Democrats are more interested in political gain than they are in inspiring people to improve their own lives. I know that this will be met with denials, I'm used to it.

You'll have to excuse Joe. He sees himself as the victim of big corporations and Republicans. Their existence excuses his failure to amount to much.

Yes, because the 1% totally deserves to control 43% of the wealth in this country.

You guys whine about the entitlement state, but never want to address its cause- wealth inequality.

If all those Democratic voters had renumerative jobs, maybe they wouldn't be so keen to vote for "Free stuff."

You can certainly make simplistic, knee-jerk assumptions regarding my opinion of wealth inequality and income taxation, but you're missing my point - which is that the Democrats are more interested in political gain than they are in inspiring people to improve their own lives. I know that this will be met with denials, I'm used to it.

Again, the Republicans have had every oppurtunity to revisit free trade or create job programs or do anything as an alternative to "Free Stuff", but they never do.

Not sure why you've turned into such a wingnut lately, Mac.

As I said, you clearly don't know my opinions on income taxation or wealth distribution. I disagree with the righties on that stuff. One of the many reasons I'm not a Republican.

What I can't seem to get across to you is that I'm talking about the political angle here, and the way the Democrats behave to get and keep votes. One of the many reasons I'm not a Democrat.

You're argument would make sense if the 1% were actually PRODUCING 43% of the goods and services that constitute wealth, rather than just manipulating the system where they collect the rewards.

You're unsuccessful in making it happen and a perpetual victim of the successful, therefore everyone who is successful is manipulating the system to collect rewards in your estimation.

I do love how you try to keep stearing the question back to me, guy.

Try to keep on subject.

What are the 1%ers actually producing PERSONALLY?

Did the President of Ford make your F150, or was it some regular guys on the line who bolted it together?

See, this is kind of what you dance around, Cleetus.

The top 20% control 83% of the wealth in this country and the top 1% control 43% of it.

The bottom 40% control less than 1% of the wealth.

And you guys complain about that bottom 40% more than the 1%, for some reason.

You'll have to excuse Joe. He sees himself as the victim of big corporations and Republicans. Their existence excuses his failure to amount to much.

See, another one who thinks that a commentary on wealth distribution being the problem must mean something about my life.

It really doesn't.

I'd do well under a system where the weatlh are ripping us off, and I'll be doing well after the upheavel when the wealthy are fleeing in dinky rafts in whatever they were able to stuff into suitcase.

Again, the Republicans have had every oppurtunity to revisit free trade or create job programs or do anything as an alternative to "Free Stuff", but they never do.

Not sure why you've turned into such a wingnut lately, Mac.

As I said, you clearly don't know my opinions on income taxation or wealth distribution. I disagree with the righties on that stuff. One of the many reasons I'm not a Republican.

What I can't seem to get across to you is that I'm talking about the political angle here, and the way the Democrats behave to get and keep votes. One of the many reasons I'm not a Democrat.

Your premise is that the Democrats keep poor people from starving because they want their votes, not because they think that the richest country in the world shouldn't let poor people starve.

So you start off with a flawed premise.

A lot of these poor people go off and vote Republican despite the Republicans having nothing but contempt for them.

Did the President of Ford make your F150, or was it some regular guys on the line who bolted it together?

Both the President and the regular guys made my F150.

President secured remuneration just as the line worker at level commensurate with their position and perceived value by the FORD Board of Directors.

Both individuals have the free will to market their value and seek employment to their greatest advantage.

Workers are scrambling to FORD. Not away from it cause they don't make as much as its President.

President secured remuneration just as the line worker at level commensurate with their position and perceived value by the FORD Board of Directors.

Both individuals have the free will to market their value and seek employment to their greatest advantage.

Workers are scrambling to FORD. Not away from it cause they don't make as much as its President.

Workers are scrambling to Ford because they have UAW representation and still make a nicer wage than their counterparts at other plants.

But in your world, the guy who actually ASSEMBLED your pickup truck is overpaid at $28.00 a hour, but the president of Ford totally deserves 21 million a year.

Workers are scrambling to Ford because they have UAW representation and still make a nicer wage than their counterparts at other plants.

But in your world, the guy who actually ASSEMBLED your pickup truck is overpaid at $28.00 a hour, but the president of Ford totally deserves 21 million a year.

In your world, you are a victim of the successful.

If FORD is what is because it is tied to the UAW, then the UAW agrees and supports the pay scales.

Yes, it seems likely that the Democrats are going to lose seats in the Senate in 2014.

Benghazi... ObamaCare... the lack of backbone on both Syria and Iran... not good.

The Pubs seem likely to capture a modest majority.

We'll know soon enough.

Your premise is that the Democrats keep poor people from starving because they want their votes, not because they think that the richest country in the world shouldn't let poor people starve.

A lot of these poor people go off and vote Republican despite the Republicans having nothing but contempt for them.
No, the difference is that shills think Republicans would starve people. Nobody starves in any rich nation and they never have, they'll just be expected to work and hold their own as much as possible <makes you shudder at the injustice, doesn't it?>.

No, the difference is that shills think Republicans would starve people. Nobody starves in any rich nation and they never have, they'll just be expected to work and hold their own as much as possible <makes you shudder at the injustice, doesn't it?>.

40% of families on Food Stamps have at least one member who has a job.

And frankly, you live in some eastern European rathole, like you know anything about America.

Yes, it seems likely that the Democrats are going to lose seats in the Senate in 2014.

Benghazi... ObamaCare... the lack of backbone on both Syria and Iran... not good.

We'll know soon enough.

You know what, that's what you all said in 2012. Oh, the people are going to vote in Romney and we're going to take the senate.

And guess what. Romney lost and the Democrats picked up 2 seats.

A year is a long time

Try to take insurance away from people a year from now

:lol: That's part of the process Rs are not fully comprehending. Once the rollout is complete, January is right around the corner. People will begin working with it just like they did Medicare Part D.

We're never going back to the old system. If they want something to change, they need to look ahead and not back.

You don't seem to comprehend how badly this is about to fail, Sarah. It was sold to the American people through a combination of lies and cooked figures that didn't in any way represent the reality of what this program will BE. The lies and the cooked books had to be done because the American people would have voted Democrats out in 2012 if they'd been honest about what was coming.

The web site start up problems will be the least troublesome part of the ACA. What's going to turn it into a fiscal fiasco is that you can't add coverage for an additional 30 million people that are comprised mainly of people in poor health or people who are getting subsidies and not have costs go up. It's simply impossible. The ACA is going to heap massive amounts of debt on top of our already out of control national debt. We're about to out Greece...Greece!

We'll know soon enough.

You know what, that's what you all said in 2012. Oh, the people are going to vote in Romney and we're going to take the senate.

"That's what you said...?"

Don't look at me, metaphorically speaking... don't lump me in with Pub voters in 2008 or 2012... I was dumb enough to vote for Obama... twice.

Mostly because I thought the Pubs had crap-candidates and that anything would be better.

I may have been wrong... and am experiencing Buyer's Remorse.

And, while getting what I deserve for my folly, I nevertheless now repent of my sins.

Mea culpa... mea culpa... mea maxima culpa...
wink_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

We'll know soon enough.

"That's what you said...?"

Don't look at me, metaphorically speaking... don't lump me in with Pub voters in 2008 or 2012... I was dumb enough to vote for Obama... twice.

Mostly because I thought the Pubs had crap-candidates and that anything would be better.

I may have been wrong... and am experiencing Buyer's Remorse.

And, while getting what I deserve for my folly, I nevertheless now repent of my sins.

Mea culpa... mea culpa... mea maxima culpa...
wink_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

I'm curious, Kondor...I can understand the first vote for Obama...you like most of the rest of America didn't really know what you were getting because Barry basically ran on a vague promise of "Hope & Change" with nothing fleshed out...but what were you thinking the second time around? Did you see something there that I didn't? No offense but I'm baffled by why so many people doubled down with one of the more ineffective leaders I've ever seen in office.

I know that Mitt wasn't the most charismatic candidate but the little Morman "robot" has always had a knack for turning around troubled organizations...and I think that's an "apt" description of the US these days. His proven history of being able to work across the aisle would have been invaluable right about now.

Forum List

Back