Kerry's Princesses Get Booed At MTV Awards

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bonnie, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Drudge had to replay it three times, but sure enough they were up there making their little rock the vote and vote for my dad speech and it sounded like 3/4 of the audience booed very loudly. What is going on???? :chains:

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Sounds interesting. Have more details?

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    Id like more info too.

My guess is either

1)People are starting to think that rock and politics dont mix. (wonder why)

2)the Kerry girls wore less this time than last time:p

4. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I watched it, and at first it seemed like the audience was booing the announcement of Bush's daughters (who were on a satellite feed from NYC), but sure enough, it became very clear that they were booing the Kerrys. I wouldn't say 3/4 of the crowd, though, at least on the broadcast, the boo's were coming from probably less than 1/4 of the entire audience. I really can't offer anything specific, but I'm sure the pro-Bush sites will have the video up in no time.

I think Avatar's right about the people getting tired of rock and politics in your face all day, but I will say that it seemed like a very Conservative crowd. The show ended with a gigantically overproduced celebration of voting which ended with thousands of red, white,and blue balloons falling from the sky. While I think Democrats certainly support voting, and America, and all, that doesn't really seem like their sort of scene. While it was nice (if a little overkill) to see yet another demand for young people to vote, I'm sure most Democrats, or at least most Liberals, would see it as overly dramatic, blind patriotism, etc. Anyway, the audience was really going wild for it all. I guess Miami has a bigger Conservative population than we thought!

Either way, the VMA's were a disgusting spectacle of businesses exploiting a "celebration" of music to sell directly to the youth market. Example: Jessica Simpson performed, and as the lights went down, all of the kids up front held up what looked like lighters, but on closer inspection were FREAKING CELL PHONES!!! Oh, I should note, they were Virgin cell phones. Guess whose commercial came on right after the performance? If you said Virgin Mobile, congrats, you are ready to join the fight against intrusive advertising like this. *ends pointless rant here*

Oh, well, either way, Outkast won best video for "Hey Ya", so the night wasn't a total bust.

5. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    What I can gather is that the audience was made up of the general public instead of the usual all music industry folk. So I would guess based on that, it can be interpreted as the general public is getting annoyed with music and politics mixing as Dan suggested.
    I thought it kind of neat that Kerry's darlings didn't get the rousing applause Im sure they expected from a crowd such as was there in the audience and it seemed as though they were caught off guard. :boohoo:

6. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    When MTV says get out and vote,they ain't talking about a Republican. They are as Liberal as they come.Apparently,the audience wasn't,or just tired of the political crap!

7. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    I would love to see a tag team ultimate fighting match between the Bush Daughters and the Kerry Daughters. Those New England prisses would go down hard to the texas asskickers.

8. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    "Kerry's Princesses Get Booed At MTV Awards"

you can't call them princesses. Princesses are cute and pretty...these brats are far from it. C'mon...why would anyone want to breed with that mutant John Kerry? The outcome is not likely to produce cute kids.

9. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Well I meant it sarcastically but probably Kerry's elitist brats would be much more fitting!

10. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    If anyone comes across that clip, please post it here... I'd love to see the Kerry's getting booed from an MTV crowd. :teeth: