Kerry To Buy "Minority" Vote

B

Big D

Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry told minority journalists in Washington on Thursday that his administration would heavily fund education and health-care initiatives targeting Hispanics and blacks.

During a speech to about 5,500 people at the UNITY Journalists of Color convention at the Washington Convention Center, Kerry said the current administration has neglected the needs and the advancement of minorities.
http://www.borderlandnews.com/stories/borderland/20040806-152020.shtml
:soul: I needz da help

"During a speech to about 5,500 people at the UNITY Journalists of Color convention"

Is their ANY aspect of American life that blacks and hispanics do NOT have some sort of exclusive race based club?

Nobody ever stops to ask, "Wait. If race 'does not exist', how can you have 'the black journalist club'?"

But I would love to ask a liberal for an answer to this question.

As a minority, I must say that I was disappointed in Kerry's speech on Thursday. I believe that the very fisrt comment on buying the minority vote was correct because all Kerry spoke of was giving more money to this or that. However, I was even more upset with the journalists that questioned him. Being born and raised in the inner city, the answer to school problems isnt handing corrupt people more money, its about giving parents the choice to send their kids to whatever schools they feel are best. Yet no journalist asked him why, if he professes equal opportunity for all, he does not favor school choice. Kerry talked about minorities not getting there votes counted in Florida, yet nobody brought up the fact that the counties with the worse problems were ones controlled by Democrats. I get offended when I here speeches like this because it seems to suggest that becasue of my skin color I'm not as bright as others and i need some "extra" help in order to have a decent life. We need to stop talking about special help for people based on race and start talking about helping people based upon the environment they have to live and grow up in, this way we not only help those minorities in the inner city but also whites in poor rural areas who need just as much help.

sw2 said:
As a minority, I must say that I was disappointed in Kerry's speech on Thursday. I believe that the very fisrt comment on buying the minority vote was correct because all Kerry spoke of was giving more money to this or that. However, I was even more upset with the journalists that questioned him. Being born and raised in the inner city, the answer to school problems isnt handing corrupt people more money, its about giving parents the choice to send their kids to whatever schools they feel are best. Yet no journalist asked him why, if he professes equal opportunity for all, he does not favor school choice. Kerry talked about minorities not getting there votes counted in Florida, yet nobody brought up the fact that the counties with the worse problems were ones controlled by Democrats. I get offended when I here speeches like this because it seems to suggest that becasue of my skin color I'm not as bright as others and i need some "extra" help in order to have a decent life. We need to stop talking about special help for people based on race and start talking about helping people based upon the environment they have to live and grow up in, this way we not only help those minorities in the inner city but also whites in poor rural areas who need just as much help.
I agree with you compleatly,
one problem is though the majority of your colored folks want and demand that they have these "special" rights and even want more. I have yet to see colored folks turn down any handout.

I think the only way that these "special" rights will stop is if or when colored folks get some pride and confidence and stop being so lazy, but I don't see that happing anytime soon, in fact it's getting worse.

State of black America after civil rights:
http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/506187/

Just looking at any and all areas of the world where blacks are the majority, and it is understandable why they need help.

The majority of minorities are not lazy. Growing up where I grew up, I can attest to that fact. Based upon your logic, I should not be here typing on a computer, I should be getting ready to go commit a murder or be sitting in prison somewhere while my four or five kids go without a father. The majority of minorities are not looking for handouts. If that was all we wanted then why wasn't there a great outcry in minority neighborhoods to get Al Sharpton to be our presidential nominee because he surely would give us handouts. You need to understand that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson may be the ones on TV but I can guarantee you that they do not speak for us. There was not much thought that went into you your last comments and I have a big problem with them.

sw2 said:
The majority of minorities are not lazy. Growing up where I grew up, I can attest to that fact. Based upon your logic, I should not be here typing on a computer, I should be getting ready to go commit a murder or be sitting in prison somewhere while my four or five kids go without a father. The majority of minorities are not looking for handouts. If that was all we wanted then why wasn't there a great outcry in minority neighborhoods to get Al Sharpton to be our presidential nominee because he surely would give us handouts. You need to understand that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson may be the ones on TV but I can guarantee you that they do not speak for us. There was not much thought that went into you your last comments and I have a big problem with them.

Sw2 you'll find that there aren't a whole lot of thoughts that go into any of his comments.

sw2 said:

sw2 I agree with you. Most people coming into this country, at least legally, are coming to work hard and hoping to provide for a better future for their children. The surprise is that the hard work pays off in the first generation. That's where the illegals are screwing up the system.

William Joyce said:
Nobody ever stops to ask, "Wait. If race 'does not exist', how can you have 'the black journalist club'?"

You can't have a "black journalist club" without white people in the world, well then again without white people no one would even know what a journalist was.

sw2 said:
Not all black folks are bad people, but in the black community the odds of finding more bad people is much higher then any other group.

Here are some facts about the differences between blacks and whites:
http://www.powow.com/radio88/wb.htm

These facts will probably upset you, try to stay calm and debate them, and don't go ape shit.

I believe both blacks and whites will be better off under a system of racial separatism. Although some black folks are willing to give life with whites a go (and can be smarter and harder working), the majority are not --- just as the majority of whites, even if they profess how "non-racist" they are --- are not interested in life with blacks.

I fail to see why this should be so controversial. It's just reality.

sw2 said:
The majority of minorities are not lazy.
Agreed. Unfortunately you have little representation from the NAACP. This organization actually works against the best interest of its membership. It continues to rely on the myth of organized white oppression of blacks and it seeks to carve out ever more special treatment and subsidies for its membership. Instead of whining, the NAACP should be offering scholarships, low interest home loans, low interest small business loans and other such programs designed to assist its members in becoming self-sufficient. The policies and politics of the NAACP are stuck in the sixties and seventies. It is time for this organization to reevaluate its goals or to disband.

sw2 said:
The majority of minorities are not looking for handouts. If that was all we wanted then why wasn't there a great outcry in minority neighborhoods to get Al Sharpton to be our presidential nominee because he surely would give us handouts.

I'll cede this point to you as well. Unfortunately the efforts of millions are overshadowed by the collosal stupidity of certain self-proclaimed "representatives" of black people in this country. One of the more recent examples of the idiotic philosophy of Sharpton, Jackson, and Young was "reparations". Reparations??? Surely they jest. The lives of slaves in this country was unquestionably unpleasant and in many cases they were brutally and callously mistreated. But compare that to the quality of their lives on the African continent. Okay, they were brought here forcibly and against their will, that counts for something. I will agree to this much in regards to slavery reparations - Show me ONE slave still living or even his or her first generation offspring and let's pay them reparations. But for the rest, this is just a grab for taxpayer money to which these greedy bums are not entitled.

And besides, seems to me that if someone wants to be paid for being a descendant of slaves, then there should be some quid-pro-quo for the reparations paid. I hate mowing the lawn, pruning the trees, washing the car, cleaning off the roof, cleaning out the fireplace etc etc. But just to show the prospective reparations recipient that I'm really progressive, I would not expect to be called "massa". Instead, "Oh great exalted ruler of the known universe" would do just fine, thank you.

sw2 said:
If that was all we wanted then why wasn't there a great outcry in minority neighborhoods to get Al Sharpton to be our presidential nominee because he surely would give us handouts. You need to understand that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson may be the ones on TV but I can guarantee you that they do not speak for us. There was not much thought that went into you your last comments and I have a big problem with them.

Actually I was surprised by the amount of support for that sleazy, lying, greaseball Sharpton. In my view he and Jackson are nothing more than the black answer to kerry - and that's about the most egregious insult I can think to call someone. So it seems to me that there still exists a substantial percentage of American black people who are looking for the easy way out. Of course you can pair them up with the substantial percentage of American white people who share the same view.

Congratulations on having achieved success in your life. But we would be kidding ourselves if we failed to accept the fact that we all still have a long way to go before we rid ourselves of the shackles of dependency on government entitlement programs. The NAACP and the Democrat left offer these programs like a drug dealer offering crack. Somehow we need to find a way to cure the addiction.

William Joyce said:
I believe both blacks and whites will be better off under a system of racial separatism. Although some black folks are willing to give life with whites a go (and can be smarter and harder working), the majority are not --- just as the majority of whites, even if they profess how "non-racist" they are --- are not interested in life with blacks.

I fail to see why this should be so controversial. It's just reality.

The entire human race will be better off if you and Big D have your testicles separated from your bodies. Keep you two outta the gene-pool, you drag the rest of us down. :321:

Kerry is trying to buy the minority vote? Holy crap he must be in trouble if the minority vote isnt already with him.

Kerry is trying to buy the minority vote? Holy crap he must be in trouble if the minority vote isnt already with him.
The reason democrats have the minority vote is because of all the handouts, every four years it's payment time.

Big D said:
The reason democrats have the minority vote is because of all the handouts, every four years it's payment time.

No, I think it's because they're still waiting for their 40 acres and a mule.

William Joyce said:

they all report dark news? :afro:

Forum List

Back