Kerry: The Internet is making it hard o govern

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA
John Kerry: 'This Little Thing Called the Internet ... Makes It Much Harder to Govern'

"Well, folks," he said, "ever since the end of the Cold War, forces have been unleashed that were tamped down for centuries by dictators, and that was complicated further by this little thing called the internet and the ability of people everywhere to communicate instantaneously and to have more information coming at them in one day than most people can process in months or a year -"

Last edited:
You don't have a right to the internet. You have to show an ID to buy beer, so you should have to produce a DHS-approved Internet ID before getting online. It will make things easier for the NSA and the world safer for democracy. Anyone against democracy is a commie fag hell bent on bringing down the internet. Millions of illegal aliens are using the internet to tell each other how to use our government welfare system. We need to keep our internet secure. Internet ID now!

Last edited:
You don't have a right to the internet. You have to show an ID to buy beer, so you should have to produce a DHS-approved Internet ID before getting online. It will make things easier for the NSA.

So long as i pay my ISP provider , I have a right.

They can no longer deceive us.

Pre-cyberspace , the government controlled media would treat us like mushrooms , in the dark and fed bullshit.

Long live the LIBERTARIAN CYBERSPACE.

I imagine when millions of Americans have access to the corruption going on in D.C. and all levels of government at their fingertips, it does make it hard to corrupt politicians to cheat and swindle.

I imagine when millions of Americans have access to the corruption going on in D.C. and all levels of government at their fingertips, it does make it hard to corrupt politicians to cheat and swindle.

Yes, indeed.

The government controlled media would have never published Manning's or Snowden's documents.

Yes, indeed.

The government controlled media would have never published Manning's or Snowden's documents.

Hell without the notoriety he received because of the Internet, Snowden more than likely would have been eliminated by now.

Immie

Yes, indeed.

Hell without the notoriety he received because of the Internet, Snowden more than likely would have been eliminated by now.

Immie

And that makes it hard for the bastards to "govern"....so eventually they are going to have to censor/eliminate the internet.

Yes, indeed.

Or the Pentagon Papers.
Oops.

Kerry is a poseur and a liar. But he is correct here. Look at the AWB under Clinton and how it was passed vs the failure to pass any gun control this past year. Almost all of that was due to the internet and people's ability to communicate with each other and with legislators.
It does make it harder to govern. I dont see that as necessarily a bad thing.

Just another sign that Kerry doesn't understand the role of American government. Our Founders didnt establish the government to govern us. They established it to allow us to govern ourselves.

He is just another welfare/warfare state politician who believes that when the government does it is not a crime.

John Kerry: 'This Little Thing Called the Internet ... Makes It Much Harder to Govern'

"Well, folks," he said, "ever since the end of the Cold War, forces have been unleashed that were tamped down for centuries by dictators, and that was complicated further by this little thing called the internet and the ability of people everywhere to communicate instantaneously and to have more information coming at them in one day than most people can process in months or a year -"

Oh poor John, the Internet has made it SO much harder for him and his miscreant pals to fool all of the people, all of the time. I'd suggest sending him a purple heart to honor his suffering but ......

Yes, indeed.

Or the Pentagon Papers.
Oops.

136071210-1--73a10f30279116cf0259e2e017c20728cf76cac8-s40-c85.jpg

The Pentagon Papers papers would have never been published after 09/11:

Daniel Ellsberg: ‘I’m sure that President Obama would have sought a life sentence in my case

DE: There was a period after the Vietnam war, partly due to the Pentagon Papers, and largely due to Watergate, that made people much less tolerant of being lied to, much more aware of how often they were lied to and how the system operated to make that lying possible without accountability. We got the Freedom of Information Act. The FISA court was set up. The FBI was reined in a great deal. The NSA was forbidden to do overhearing of American citizens without a court warrant. That lasted for some years.

But 40 years have passed, and after 9/11 in particular, all of those lessons have been lost. There’s been very great tolerance that if the magic words “national security,” or the new words “homeland security” are invoked, Congress has given the president virtually a free hand in deciding what information they will know as well as the public. I wouldn’t count on the current court with its current makeup making the same ruling with the Pentagon Papers as they did 40 years ago. I’m sure that President Obama would have sought a life sentence in my case."

Last edited:
Yes, indeed.

Or the Pentagon Papers.
Oops.

/
136071210-1--73a10f30279116cf0259e2e017c20728cf76cac8-s40-c85.jpg

The Pentagon Papers papers would have never been published after 09/11:

Daniel Ellsberg: ‘I’m sure that President Obama would have sought a life sentence in my case

DE: There was a period after the Vietnam war, partly due to the Pentagon Papers, and largely due to Watergate, that made people much less tolerant of being lied to, much more aware of how often they were lied to and how the system operated to make that lying possible without accountability. We got the Freedom of Information Act. The FISA court was set up. The FBI was reined in a great deal. The NSA was forbidden to do overhearing of American citizens without a court warrant. That lasted for some years.

But 40 years have passed, and after 9/11 in particular, all of those lessons have been lost. There’s been very great tolerance that if the magic words “national security,” or the new words “homeland security” are invoked, Congress has given the president virtually a free hand in deciding what information they will know as well as the public. I wouldn’t count on the current court with its current makeup making the same ruling with the Pentagon Papers as they did 40 years ago. I’m sure that President Obama would have sought a life sentence in my case."

Swing and a miss.

He's talking about DICTATORS. The problem in this country is CNS and the rest of the Pub Propaganda Machine pouring out misinformation to the dupes. Try some real journalism sometime.

The problem in this country is CNS and the rest of the Pub Propaganda Machine pouring out misinformation to the dupes. Try some real journalism sometime.

Real journalism? Like MSNBC? :lol:

Oh that pesky First Amendment. You poor Dumbos just can't stand it!

#16- You no longer recognize it. Read the Post, NYT, PBS, AP---- Nightly news ABC, NBC, CBS is too cowardly, even report Pub bs with a straight face...

Oh poor John, the Internet has made it SO much harder for him and his miscreant pals to fool all of the people, all of the time. I'd suggest sending him a purple heart to honor his suffering but ......

The INTERNETS is now officially the 4th branch of government. We shall not be silenced. There are no longer taboo subjects.

Forum List

Back