Kerry: I Get 'A Little Uptight When I Hear Politicians Say How Exceptional We Are'

But it is the way liberals always are.

Liberal way of problem solving - Identify Problem, work toward solution.

Conservative way of problem solving - Ignore Problem, deny there is a problem.

Libs= A solution is search of a problem

-Geaux

Ah yes.

The Voter ID thing was meant to address a vast problem, right?

Oh..and the conservative congress?

-Voted to overturn the ACA 50 Times.
-Shutdown the government.
-Voted for the Ryan Budget.
-Cut UE insurance, SNAP.
-Voted to name every thing in the country, Ronald Reagan.

Real solution oriented guys there..you betcha.

Going to the moon was the last exceptional thing we did.

Yes, I believe the Rule is that we should be exceptional every 4 years.

Obama hasn't delivered.

Rescuing the American economy and preventing a world wide depression was pretty good.

Probably would have been better if it wasn't a self inflicted wound in the first place.

:D

Partisan bleating the tired "Blame Bush" mantra.

The economic recovery happened independently of the empty suit.

I wonder if he is too uptight to tell the Mexicans to stop the flood of illegals. Maybe the poor guys needs a vacation like his boss.

Where am I going wrong on this?

Where his speech EXPLICITLY says the exact opposite of this, YOUR WORDS:

So according to Kerry America isn't all that great. Even though we can do things here nobody can. Our options are greater in America than anywhere else.......but that doesn't make us exceptional. *rolling eyes*

Actually his speech has to be taken not only in context but also with his prior statements in mind.

Seems liberals suffer from short and long-term memory loss.

When someone says what Kerry said about being uncomfortable or embarrassed when someone says America is exceptional you have to keep in mind what he has said in the past. I wouldn't say it, but if I were to say it, it would only mean that I don't like someone bragging that America is the greatest. However, Kerry means to say that nothing about America is exceptional, yet he lists several reasons why it is indeed exceptional. We sort of have to read between the lines because Kerry is after all a politician, and thus a compulsive liar.

I think he's a bit conflicted on what American Exceptionalism means.

Maybe Kerry needs a Xanax----or does he really expect other "politicians" to stop saying America is exceptional.

He already thinks that the troops are stupid.

Really? And you know this how? Are special Republican operatives beaming signals straight to your pea brain again? If you had some flesh on that head you could block out some of those signals. If you wanted to that is.

[youtube]MPYVdV6WzwM[/youtube]

And I'll tell you again since you're obviously a true 2 dimensional thinker, I am not nor will I ever be a member of any political party. Unlike you I prefer to think for myself.

Where am I going wrong on this?

So according to Kerry America isn't all that great. Even though we can do things here nobody can. Our options are greater in America than anywhere else.......but that doesn't make us exceptional. *rolling eyes*

Actually his speech has to be taken not only in context but also with his prior statements in mind.

When someone says what Kerry said about being uncomfortable or embarrassed when someone says America is exceptional you have to keep in mind what he has said in the past. I wouldn't say it, but if I were to say it, it would only mean that I don't like someone bragging that America is the greatest. However, Kerry means to say that nothing about America is exceptional, yet he lists several reasons why it is indeed exceptional. We sort of have to read between the lines because Kerry is after all a politician, and thus a compulsive liar.

It need not BE said, it is obvious; our liberty, our prosperity, our decency.

Liberal way of problem solving - Identify Problem, work toward solution.

Conservative way of problem solving - Ignore Problem, deny there is a problem.

Libs= A solution is search of a problem

-Geaux

Ah yes.

The Voter ID thing was meant to address a vast problem, right?

Oh..and the conservative congress?

-Voted to overturn the ACA 50 Times.
-Shutdown the government.
-Voted for the Ryan Budget.
-Cut UE insurance, SNAP.
-Voted to name every thing in the country, Ronald Reagan.

Real solution oriented guys there..you betcha.

Congress doesn't have the power to shut down the government.
You seem to think voting for a budget is bad or irresponsible.
The ACA is a massive act of fraud so damaging that most of it hasn't even been acted on because of what it will do to Democrats in the next two elections.
Nobody cut unemployment. Nobody cut SNAP.

Nobody tried to name everything after Reagan.

You're just full of lies this morning, but this time you've lost your senses as well.

Last edited:

It need not BE said, it is obvious; our liberty, our prosperity, our decency.

He's just reestablishing his liberal bonofides, because libs can't stand giving a positive speech about this country without tearing it down a little. That way the leftist critics won't attack.

Sorry guys. I see nothing wrong with how he said what he said.

I happen to agree with his take on our exceptionalism.

It was a well written speech.

I get always a little uptight when I hear politicians say how exceptional we are – not because we’re not exceptional, but because it’s kind of in-your-face and a lot of other people are exceptional, a lot of other places do exceptional things.

Kerry doesn't like bragging

What do we gain as a country by telling other countries that we are exceptional?
He likes to remind people he awarded himself the Silver Star for shooting a ten year old in the back during his 'weekend' stay in VN.
Then he throws his medals away during a photo op but it turned out those medals belonged to others. Kerry still has his medals on display in his office BTW.
The 'Pickle Lady's' lap poodle is the perfect poster-boy for the LIBs.
All BS and yellow.

Sorry guys. I see nothing wrong with how he said what he said.

I happen to agree with his take on our exceptionalism.

It was a well written speech.

I think that is part of the transformation of America.

We must always be sort of apologetic when we speak of ourselves, yet most countries are incapable of doing what we do on a regular basis.

I'm not buying into that bullshit simply because it's popular.

This is the way liberals are in general. They would rather talk about and remind everyone about America's warts, than America's greatness.

this is the way rightwingnuts are... they'd rather talk about how "exceptional" we are while we can't compete in science, math, infant mortality rates, and our infrastructure is failing.

because, you know, better to say G-d made us exceptional than actually address and fix problems.

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back