Kerry: I Get 'A Little Uptight When I Hear Politicians Say How Exceptional We Are'

Well, it just goes to show that if you have a D or an R next to your name on the general election ballot...you're going to get 40-45% of the vote. This is the true and enduring tragedy of the two-party system.

Well, what do you expect 2 parties to get?

Both get over 50%?

Then there's the Iraqi elections, where there are dozens of parties and nobody is happy.

The only purpose for a third party is to split the conservative vote. Liberals will always vote Democrat because winning is more important than good government.

Ralph Nader called. He didn't say anything, he just laughed hysterically.

Ralph is still alive?

Doesn't he look like one of the the walking dead now?

When was he a serious candidate last?

Remind me.

pity it was a lie, actually.

Well, it just goes to show that if you have a D or an R next to your name on the general election ballot...you're going to get 40-45% of the vote. This is the true and enduring tragedy of the two-party system.

Both get over 50%?

Then there's the Iraqi elections, where there are dozens of parties and nobody is happy.

The only purpose for a third party is to split the conservative vote. Liberals will always vote Democrat because winning is more important than good government.

Pure BS.

Ralph Nader's green party took votes away from Al Gore and gave the presidency to GWB; that and a butterfly ballot.

Both get over 50%?

Pure BS.

Ralph Nader's green party took votes away from Al Gore and gave the presidency to GWB; that and a butterfly ballot.

All Al had to do was win his own state and he couldn't even do that.

We know what kind of a shitheel he is better than anyone.

Kerry admits that the US is exceptional, but points out that it's rude to constantly point it out to others. It would be rude to tell others that you are far smarter and richer than they are at a cocktail party, too.

Kerry admits that the US is exceptional, but points out that it's rude to constantly point it out to others. It would be rude to tell others that you are far smarter and richer than they are at a cocktail party, too.

He said it bothers him to hear about American Exceptionalism.

We are, and he's ashamed to admit it.

Kerry seems like the kind of guy that is always uptight about something.

I wouldn't want to live in any other country but I am not sure why all the American hating liberals are still here. I am sure you could get a nice little townhouse in a really great country like Russia or China or well I can't think of one greater. But feel free to rid yourself of the guilt you seem to bare by moving to any other country. Then in fact we will be greater.

I wouldn't want to live in any other country but I am not sure why all the American hating liberals are still here. I am sure you could get a nice little townhouse in a really great country like Russia or China or well I can't think of one greater. But feel free to rid yourself of the guilt you seem to bare by moving to any other country. Then in fact we will be greater.

Freewilly, you got your impressions wrong again.

Look around here at a couple of threads on how awful America is. We pay taxes, try and help the less fortunate and the Repubs HATE that we do that.

All the hating of this country that I see is being done by those that call themselves Republicans.

And it all seems to be because the Republicans can't get their way about war, taxes, abortion, gays and the illegal immigrants.

Republicans need to get out of this country and start their own seems to me.

Look around here at a couple of threads on how awful America is. We pay taxes, try and help the less fortunate and the Repubs HATE that we do that.

All the hating of this country that I see is being done by those that call themselves Republicans.

And it all seems to be because the Republicans can't get their way about war, taxes, abortion, gays and the illegal immigrants.

It's sort of funny how all of the worst character traits liberals can imagine they assign to Republicans, but the truth is you're lying. We aren't like that. You're just telling yourselves that we're like that to make yourself feel better about your hatred for us and everything America has stood for throughout history.

Nope, I think all of the folks that think like you can start your own country and leave our's alone. We'll give you San Francisco. You should have enough people to fill up that place.

It's sort of funny how all of the worst character traits liberals can imagine they assign to Republicans, but the truth is you're lying. We aren't like that. You're just telling yourselves that we're like that to make yourself feel better about your hatred for us and everything America has stood for throughout history.

Nope, I think all of the folks that think like you can start your own country and leave our's alone. We'll give you San Francisco. You should have enough people to fill up that place.

I am thinking everything west of the Rockies.

This is just not true, if you were actually helping people I don't think anyone would care. But YOU look around, are you really helping people? Or just helping them get along? The old saw of teaching to fish is very true, you should think about how the democrats have helped. In one thread the democrats will laugh about how republicans can't win an election, then in the next breath blame the republicans for all the problems created by the democrats.

Again, not true.

No, it is because of the damage caused by the democrats on these issues. Or have you not noticed the man made humanitarian disaster on the border? Gays? That issue has absolutely no effect on anyone other then gays why do liberals try and make Gays and issue as big as illegals flooding our border? Abortion, pretty much the same thing. War, Obama has been at war his whole term.

We are not the ones bitchin about this country we are bitchin about what the left is doing to our country. It is the left that is always pointing out other countries that are utopias compared to the US. Seems to me that is the place that the liberals should be.

Conservatives hate all the things that make us exceptional

One man/one vote
Taking care of other Americans
Foreign aid
Scientific research

I am thinking everything west of the Rockies.

Guantanamo or Guam. Maybe they can pick tomatoes.

It was good enough for Elian.

Forum List

Back