Kerry, fake Catholic

Originally posted by Kathianne
Hey Bully, have anything to add to the discussion?

Why...Y'all are so bloody literal minded and tedious anyways that it's just more entertaning to whack this nest of enfeebled hornets with a stick just to watch y'all futilely buzz about.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Why...Y'all are so bloody literal minded and tedious anyways that it's just more entertaning to whack this nest of enfeebled hornets with a stick just to watch y'all futilely buzz about.
and that means what?

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Your a bright lass, you'll figure it out... :)

Thanks for the compliment? However, even bright can't figure that out. Speak plain my dear!

Originally posted by softwaremama
What gets me about Kerry is that he's a fake Catholic. He appropriates Catholic-ness, the parts he likes, but defies other beliefs for which he has disdain. He still takes communion even though divorced and remarried (a no-no) and he is pro-choice, a stance Catholics cannot take while remaining faithful to their church. I don't know whether Kerry voted against the ban on partial birth abortion [sic].

Catholicism as a faith choice comes w/a price, so pay up or be something else, just don't pretend to be Catholic. Kerry is FAKE through and through if his core, his spirituality, is fake. I am sure Americans have learned through the priest sex scandals, Cardinal Law debacle, and ongoing lawsuits and their aftermath, that defying the principles of the faith is anathema. And costly in so many ways.

Let's not mention Edwards (what religion is he?), who supposedly voted against the ban on partial birth abortion. Why is no one talking about this in the mainstream media? (Ha.)

----Better a real Methodist than a fake Catholic.---

(bumper sticker idear?)

Kerry's religion is his personal business.
Who the fuck cares?

Originally posted by nycflasher
Kerry's religion is his personal business.
Who the fuck cares?

Everytime Kerry gives a speech about anything related to abortion, religion etc.........He makes it our business.

Hey all the Catholic bashers, of which there are a plenty.

Go f yourselves and kerry too. Truth is, Roman Catholocism is something you believe in or not! In this country at least, if not you have more than a few choices.

Don't bash the church for being the church. I don't have to live by the precepts, nor do you. Do what you wish. If you choose not to, don't say you're Catholic.

Originally posted by Bonnie
Everytime Kerry gives a speech about anything related to abortion, religion etc.........He makes it our business.

So you don'rt want Kerry to be Catholic?
I thought that was between him and God.

So you don'rt want Kerry to be Catholic?
I thought that was between him and God.

Flasher, catholic church is not that discreet. You are or aren't if you stick your neck out.

Go f yourselves and kerry too. Truth is, Roman Catholocism is something you believe in or not! In this country at least, if not you have more than a few choices.

Don't bash the church for being the church. I don't have to live by the precepts, nor do you. Do what you wish. If you choose not to, don't say you're Catholic.

I'm not a church-basher so I hope that wasn't aimed at me.
That said, that was really cool when for years the Catholic church overlooked the systemic rape of young boys by the priests. Maybe it isn't such a good idea to require celibacy on the part of the priests.

Regardless, if I were Catholic, I would take everything "The Church" said re: morality with a grain of salt.

That said, that was really cool when for years the Catholic church overlooked the systemic rape of young boys by the priests. Maybe it isn't such a good idea to require celibacy on the part of the priests.

Regardless, if I were Catholic, I would take everything "The Church" said re: morality with a grain of salt.

The whole rape children thing was a seperate issue, albeit a paradigm changer for sure. No excuses from this quarter, I hope they all go bankrupt for their part in the coverup.

That said, if a smaller church evolves, closer to the tenents, glory to highest. Catholic church is not protestant, nor is it non-Christian as so many bible thumpers would have you.

The whole rape children thing was a seperate issue, albeit a paradigm changer for sure. No excuses from this quarter, I hope they all go bankrupt for their part in the coverup.

That said, if a smaller church evolves, closer to the tenents, glory to highest. Catholic church is not protestant, nor is it non-Christian as so many bible thumpers would have you.

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying here:huh:

So for the sins of a few men you disregard the whole faith HUH?

And true... faith is between each person and their god however when you are a public figure asking people to put their trust in you ,you have an obligation to either stick to the tennants of the faith you profess to have or say you are not a practicing whatever, in Kerry's case catholic. Faith tells alot about a persons character. Again Kerry tells different stories to different crowds. One day he says he beleives life begins at conception, the next he's yelling to a bunch of men hating women form NARAL that he will protect every womans right to kill her unborn baby if she wants to......... So which is it, because it can't be both? And as Senator he votes for partial birth abortion.....You know that lovely barbaric thing doctors do that kills innocent helpless babies by crushing it's skull with giant tweezers, and then throwing the pieces in the dumpster.

BTB...celibacy has nothing to do with pedifelia, the priests that did that horrible thing did not belong in the priesthood to begin with.

-- A few? First of all, where I'm from a few is "a small number", like 3.

And true... faith is between each person and their god however when you are a public figure asking people to put their trust in you ,you have an obligation to either stick to the tennants of the faith you profess to have or say you are not a practicing whatever, in Kerry's case catholic. Faith tells alot about a persons character. Again Kerry tells different stories to different crowds. One day he says he beleives life begins at conception, the next he's yelling to a bunch of men hating women form NARAL that he will protect every womans right to kill her unborn baby if she wants to......... So which is it, because it can't be both? And as Senator he votes for partial birth abortion.....You know that lovely barbaric thing doctors do that kills innocent helpless babies by crushing it's skull with giant tweezers, and then throwing the pieces in the dumpster.
-- It seems to me that your problem with Kerry have more to do with his ideas and policies than the religion he claims.

BTB...celibacy has nothing to do with pedifelia, the priests that did that horrible thing did not belong in the priesthood to begin with.
-- Soyou don't think that THERE IS ANY POSSIBILITY that the continual rape and sexual assault of boys by priests has anything to do with the fact that their church tells them that they are married to God and cannot have sex?

-- A few? First of all, where I'm from a few is "a small number", like 3.

The church bases it's rules from the bible, when priests take their vows they do it with the full knowledege of what they are accepting, to them it is a calling, something that us lay people cannot understand fully. The church is not an evolving institution that is base don whatever the comfort zone of the morality of the faithful is at the time. It is a monolithic church. Most priests don't have the same desires as we do, they pray a lot and are in a state of grace. Most of them know in their early childhoods that they want to be priests. Spirituality aside, there are practical reasons for preists not to get married, one of them is that they are litterally married to the church and to god, meaning all their energy and time goes into the church and the parishoners, in the catholic faith, the wife comes first before anything else so the two don't mix. Most times a wife would feel neglected if her priest husband was constantly involved in counseling the clergy. It's different with other faiths, because they have broken away from the catholic church and become more lax or laid back. and just like every other institution or club ther will always be a few who are sick and in need of help and don't play by the rules. That is a reality of life.

-- It seems to me that your problem with Kerry have more to do with his ideas and policies than the religion he claims.

-- Soyou don't think that THERE IS ANY POSSIBILITY that the continual rape and sexual assault of boys by priests has anything to do with the fact that their church tells them that they are married to God and cannot have sex?

I started this thread--wow! Never expected this kind of response.
The fact is that most Protestant (non-Catholic-Christian) churches do not require, for example: celibacy, pro-life stance, or that divorce and remarriage are incompatible with taking Holy Communion. My point was that if you want to be Catholic (and I'm not bashing it), then be Catholic. Follow the tenets the faith requires, or Be Something Else.

Given that Kerry has divorced and remarried AND still takes communion shows that he's a rebel/FAKE Catholic. He wants the good stuff, but cannot make the sacrifices required. Is Pro-Choice but believes life begins at conception (HUH?). Need I go on?

On the other hand, Bush's faith group (Methodism) does not have such requirements regarding communion or a pro-life stance; although that's irrelevant because he's never been divorced or remarried and is pro-life even though it's not "required" by his faith group.

The conclusion: Kerry's a FAKE. Wants the curry favor with Catholic votes yet is not a real Catholic.

Catholic church is not protestant, nor is it non-Christian as so many bible thumpers would have you.

Wrong.

Cathoilocism is ritualistic actions of man replacing the salvation of grace through faith.

If you want to make comments like

Go f yourselves and kerry too.

I hope you can back it up.

Care to put your proof up?

Catholocism is NOT Christianity and catholics CAN be Christians under the right circumstances, but the majority are not.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Wrong.

Cathoilocism is ritualistic actions of man replacing the salvation of grace through faith.

If you want to make comments like

I hope you can back it up.

Care to put your proof up?

Catholocism is NOT Christianity and catholics CAN be Christians under the right circumstances, but the majority are not.

To my way of thinking, Christianity is the belief that Jesus died for us and is the only way to salvation, that makes me a Christian. The Catholic church, has its precepts for followers, no one is forced to belong, unlike during olden days. IF I want to go the way of many, most even Protestant cults, regarding abortion, etc. I'm free to do so. So is Mr. Kerry.

To my way of thinking, Christianity is the belief that Jesus died for us and is the only way to salvation, that makes me a Christian.

Correct. Most catholic environments may CLAIM this, if they even claim it, but practice is much different.

In addition they have jacked up even that by the Vatican II documentation.

The reality is that by the authority they give the pope, they supplant Jesus and it goes down hill from there.

The Catholic church, has its precepts for followers, no one is forced to belong, unlike during olden days. IF I want to go the way of many, most even Protestant cults, regarding abortion, etc. I'm free to do so. So is Mr. Kerry.

Correct.

-But it doesn't make his faith true to catholocism either.

Claiming one thing and doing another makes one either:

1: fallible and they ought to admit it.

or

2. a liar.

Which is he?

Originally posted by NewGuy
Correct. Most catholic environments may CLAIM this, if they even claim it, but practice is much different.

In addition they have jacked up even that by the Vatican II documentation.

The reality is that by the authority they give the pope, they supplant Jesus and it goes down hill from there.

Correct.

-But it doesn't make his faith true to catholocism either.

Claiming one thing and doing another makes one either:

1: fallible and they ought to admit it.

or

2. a liar.

Which is he?

Tell the truth, I don't care, he's not a Catholic, though that wouldn't earn or negate my vote. He doesn't practice the precepts so defacto he is not Catholic, regardless of his own moniker.

Forum List

Back