Kerry Concedes!!

FOX reporting that Kerry has just called Bush and conceded!!!!! Next step is the public concession speach.

You beat me!!! I was wanting to tell everyone :bye1: :banana:

Could you ask for better news today?????? :banana:

Kerry ended his quest, concluding one of the most expensive and bitterly contested races on record, with a call to the president shortly after 11 a.m. EST, according to two officials familiar with the conversation.

The victory gave Bush four more years to pursue the war on terror and a conservative, tax-cutting agenda — and probably the opportunity to name one or more justices to an aging Supreme Court.

He also will preside over expanded Republican majorities in Congress.

"Congratulations, Mr. President," Kerry said in the conversation described by sources as lasting less than five minutes. One of the sources was Republican, the other a Democrat.

The Democratic source said Bush called Kerry a worthy, tough and honorable opponent. Kerry told Bush the country was too divided, the source said, and Bush agreed. "We really have to do something about it," Kerry said according to the Democratic official.

Kerry placed his call after weighing unattractive options overnight. With Bush holding fast to a six-figure lead in make-or-break Ohio, Kerry could give up or trigger a struggle that would have stirred memories of the bitter recount in Florida that propelled Bush to the White House in 2000.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=1&u=/ap/20041103/ap_on_el_pr/eln_election_rdp

I like to look at the positive side of things. Now that Bush has for some reason been reelected, I'll probably start doing political cartoons for the university paper, which will be fun.

Also that son of a bitch rumsfeld is probably leaving, so at least I'll have that as well.

And you've got to give Kerry a hand in just conceding instead of having the provisional ballots in Ohio counted for 11 days; it shows some class on his part.

I've been trying to get into the DU since the Kerry concedes announcement , with no luck.
They apparently are afraid of any of us going over there to gloat!
I would NEVER do that !!!!! LMAO
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
OH ,HAPPY DAYS, HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!

Palestinian Jew said:
And you've got to give Kerry a hand in just conceding instead of having the provisional ballots in Ohio counted for 11 days; it shows some class on his part.
Actually, I've never seen Kerry have class and I don't buy it now. My thoughts, he's conceding now instead of holding this up because Dems seen how bad that hurt Gore being the sore loser. It made Gore look bad and it made Democrats look bad. They KNEW Kerry was going to lose so he had to concede early so people would think he and his fellow dems were showing "class" so it might help them in the '08 election. Just my opinion, anyway. :usa:

Happy Birthday, Duck.

This is also a great day for every Viet Nam veteran who was maligned by that self-serving opportunist. Kerry successfully used the military twice. The first time when he stage-managed a short tour of duty and purloined five undeserved medals to use as window dressing for his political aspirations. The second time when he lied about war crimes and climbed over the backs of his fellow veterans in order to gain notoriety. This time he attempted to portray himself as a war hero supported by his fellow veterans when nothing could have been further from the truth. At least this time he did not succeed. This time the majority of Americans saw him for the disgusting liar that he truly is.

Forum List

Back