Kerry affirms support for abortion rights

nycflasher

Apr 15, 2004
CT
Charges Bush has made women's lives less secure

Friday, April 23, 2004 Posted: 4:37 PM EDT (2037 GMT)
Sen. John Kerry addresses a women's rights rally in Washington.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Standing before thousands of women, Sen. John Kerry warned Friday that "the rights of women are under assault in this country" and promised that as president he will reverse the course set by the Bush administration -- including abortion policy.

"We will not turn the clock back in this country," the Democratic presidential hopeful told a cheering crowd at the City Museum South Plaza. "George Bush who ran as a passionate conservative, has been willing to play politics with the lives of women. ... And every step of the way, when he has been given a choice, he has made the lives of women less, not more, secure."...
source

Well he also said Abortion should be a states issue. so lets take him up on that. Any state that wants to end abortion should simply pass laws, and if the courts dont like that, then they should ammend the State Constitutions if they feel that strongly about it. since Abortion is not mentioned in the Federal Constitution either way i think the States might be able to argue that the Supreme Court cant rule the states Constitution unconstitutional.

Originally posted by nycflasher

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Standing before thousands of women, Sen. John Kerry warned Friday that "the rights of women are under assault in this country" and promised that as president he will reverse the course set by the Bush administration -- including abortion policy.

"We will not turn the clock back in this country," the Democratic presidential hopeful told a cheering crowd at the City Museum South Plaza. "George Bush who ran as a passionate conservative, has been willing to play politics with the lives of women. ... And every step of the way, when he has been given a choice, he has made the lives of women less, not more, secure."...
source

Exactly how has Bush endangered the lives of women? All he has done is to not allow women the right to kill a child in the third trimester. Meaning a 6 month old fetus cant be killed. He hasnt outlawed Abortion completely.

Kerry is all over the place.

The fact that Kerry can even say these things with a straight face is amazing. I am not sure how he made women's less secure, seems to me that preventing the murder of both men and women would make each more secure.

I don't understand why the pro-choice crowd is so upset about the law making it a seperate crime to injure or kill and unborn baby in the commission of another crime. It wasn't here choice in that case. The decisions was made for her by someone else.

I also am glad that there are limits to what they can do because they have been able to save them at 23 weeks, and there are abortions carried out then. I know they are not that common, but why does that matter? It's just as horrible whether 10 or 100,000 are done.

I think it's laughable for Kerry to blame Bush for "playing politics" with anything. Bush takes the stance he believes is right, no matter who opposes him. Kerry plays politics with everything he can, taking whatever stance his crowd has.

source

Radical left piece of pond scum. That sicko is pro-murder, looks like he's gonnas stay this way.

He spits in his church's face, and have any of you guys heard the newest lies that have been coming from that assholes mouth!?

How dare John Kerry call himself a Christian.

source

Kerry has also said he doesn't believe in abortion personally,but believes a woman should have the right to one if she wants. I don't like that,he should stand for what he believes..not what will get him the vote-but that's Kerry for ya. Roe v Wade is a joke anyway and abortion should have never been leagalized. I saw the woman this case was based around on Fox a while back and she was tricked into this case...she didn't even understand what she was doing. I being a woman,think all this about G.w. not being for women's rights is nonsense. Abortion isn't a right or a choice in my opinion anyway. How is making it illegal to have an abortion and sparing a woman countless years of pain and regret not being for women's rights? We all have plenty of oportunities to NOT get pregnant,if you are responsible,it won't be a problem.

I'm personally opposed to drinking alcohol, but I'm not out for prohibition. I'm personally opposed to smoking cigarettes, but I'm not calling for a ban on it. If every time someone opposed a certain practice they had to support banning it, there would be no freedom in America. As for Jane Roe, once the case gets to the Supreme Court, the actual facts of the case are largely irrelevant, what matters is the Constitutional principle at hand. If it hadn't been this woman's case, it would've been another.

acludem

acludem,

I think abortion is a tad bit different than smoking cigs and drinking beer. Abortion to me is murder,therefore has no place in the "rights" category for me. Weare talking about a practice that takes a life that has allready been created,and stops it. The things we won't hear Kerry talk about are things like how the woman suffers emotionally for years after something like this. I am a mom,and there is no way a woman will ever stop wondering what sex the child was,what he or she may have looked like,or just what might have been. We won't hear Kerry talk about how parents rights are taken away because a 15 year old can have an abortion without telling her parents,yet can't get her ears pierced without their permission. We won't hear him talk about the woman that abuse abortion and get 3,4, and 5 abortions in their life. It is treated as a form of population control,and I think it takes dignity away from the human race,but we won't hear Kerry talk about that either.

Originally posted by krisy
acludem,

I think abortion is a tad bit different than smoking cigs and drinking beer. Abortion to me is murder,therefore has no place in the "rights" category for me. Weare talking about a practice that takes a life that has allready been created,and stops it. The things we won't hear Kerry talk about are things like how the woman suffers emotionally for years after something like this. I am a mom,and there is no way a woman will ever stop wondering what sex the child was,what he or she may have looked like,or just what might have been. We won't hear Kerry talk about how parents rights are taken away because a 15 year old can have an abortion without telling her parents,yet can't get her ears pierced without their permission. We won't hear him talk about the woman that abuse abortion and get 3,4, and 5 abortions in their life. It is treated as a form of population control,and I think it takes dignity away from the human race,but we won't hear Kerry talk about that either.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Well said.

Forum List

Back