Kerry affirms support for abortion rights

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nycflasher, Apr 23, 2004.

1. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Charges Bush has made women's lives less secure

Friday, April 23, 2004 Posted: 4:37 PM EDT (2037 GMT)
    Sen. John Kerry addresses a women's rights rally in Washington.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Standing before thousands of women, Sen. John Kerry warned Friday that "the rights of women are under assault in this country" and promised that as president he will reverse the course set by the Bush administration -- including abortion policy.

"We will not turn the clock back in this country," the Democratic presidential hopeful told a cheering crowd at the City Museum South Plaza. "George Bush who ran as a passionate conservative, has been willing to play politics with the lives of women. ... And every step of the way, when he has been given a choice, he has made the lives of women less, not more, secure."...
    source

2. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Good for John Kerry!

Kerry in 2004!

acludem

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    Well he also said Abortion should be a states issue. so lets take him up on that. Any state that wants to end abortion should simply pass laws, and if the courts dont like that, then they should ammend the State Constitutions if they feel that strongly about it. since Abortion is not mentioned in the Federal Constitution either way i think the States might be able to argue that the Supreme Court cant rule the states Constitution unconstitutional.

4. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Exactly how has Bush endangered the lives of women? All he has done is to not allow women the right to kill a child in the third trimester. Meaning a 6 month old fetus cant be killed. He hasnt outlawed Abortion completely.

Kerry is all over the place.

5. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Laughable.

6. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    The fact that Kerry can even say these things with a straight face is amazing. I am not sure how he made women's less secure, seems to me that preventing the murder of both men and women would make each more secure.

7. tim_duncan2000

tim_duncan2000 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    I don't understand why the pro-choice crowd is so upset about the law making it a seperate crime to injure or kill and unborn baby in the commission of another crime. It wasn't here choice in that case. The decisions was made for her by someone else.

I also am glad that there are limits to what they can do because they have been able to save them at 23 weeks, and there are abortions carried out then. I know they are not that common, but why does that matter? It's just as horrible whether 10 or 100,000 are done.

8. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I think it's laughable for Kerry to blame Bush for "playing politics" with anything. Bush takes the stance he believes is right, no matter who opposes him. Kerry plays politics with everything he can, taking whatever stance his crowd has.

9. Gop guy

Gop guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Radical left piece of pond scum. That sicko is pro-murder, looks like he's gonnas stay this way.

He spits in his church's face, and have any of you guys heard the newest lies that have been coming from that assholes mouth!?

How dare John Kerry call himself a Christian.

10. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

Kerry has also said he doesn't believe in abortion personally,but believes a woman should have the right to one if she wants. I don't like that,he should stand for what he believes..not what will get him the vote-but that's Kerry for ya. Roe v Wade is a joke anyway and abortion should have never been leagalized. I saw the woman this case was based around on Fox a while back and she was tricked into this case...she didn't even understand what she was doing. I being a woman,think all this about G.w. not being for women's rights is nonsense. Abortion isn't a right or a choice in my opinion anyway. How is making it illegal to have an abortion and sparing a woman countless years of pain and regret not being for women's rights? We all have plenty of oportunities to NOT get pregnant,if you are responsible,it won't be a problem.