Kentucky mom drove drunk to ‘teach her son a lesson,' police say

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012

A mother in Kentucky was arrested Sunday after allegedly driving drunk with her son in the car as some sort of "lesson," police said -- though it was not clear exactly what the supposed lesson was.

Sunita Jairam, 48, was arrested around 12:51 a.m. and told police at the time she “drank a bunch of beer and got in her car to drive to teach her son a lesson,” according to the arrest citation obtained by the Lexington Herald-Leader.

Jairam also claimed to have driven a 2014 BMW X1 at 150 mph while her son was in the car.

Jairam smelled of alcohol and was slurring her speech, police said in the report obtained by WKYT. She told investigators that she had been drinking all day.

The woman's son told investigators he tried to get out of the car several times because of his mother’s driving, but was unable because the door was locked.

Jairam' blood-alcohol level was .161, twice the legal limit, according to booking records. The 48-year-old was taken to the Fayette County Detention Center and is scheduled for an initial court appearance Monday, according to the Herald-Leader.

Records show she was previously charged with public intoxication and speeding.

"Son, I want to show you what a dumb bitch I am. Get in the car."

Lesson learned.

An early candidate for 2019’s “Mom of the Beer” Award!

Jairam also claimed to have driven a 2014 BMW X1 at 150 mph while her son was in the car.

You know you're shitfaced when you start volunteering information about previous offenses.

"I was sooo fucked up, officer. But you should have seen this BMW. It was fuckin' sweet."

A mother in Kentucky was arrested Sunday after allegedly driving drunk with her son in the car as some sort of "lesson," police said -- though it was not clear exactly what the supposed lesson was.

Sunita Jairam, 48, was arrested around 12:51 a.m. and told police at the time she “drank a bunch of beer and got in her car to drive to teach her son a lesson,” according to the arrest citation obtained by the Lexington Herald-Leader.

Jairam smelled of alcohol and was slurring her speech, police said in the report obtained by WKYT. She told investigators that she had been drinking all day.

The woman's son told investigators he tried to get out of the car several times because of his mother’s driving, but was unable because the door was locked.

Jairam' blood-alcohol level was .161, twice the legal limit, according to booking records. The 48-year-old was taken to the Fayette County Detention Center and is scheduled for an initial court appearance Monday, according to the Herald-Leader.

Lesson learned.
Charming.....simply charming......./sarcasm .<<<<<noting that with this crowd I have to clearly state when something is sarcasm

Wonder what the kid really learned... but it might not be all his mother hoped to prevent, unless she was lying to the cop after the fact.

That’s why some people shouldn’t be parents. Blame your kid for your ignorance. Child services should step in and get that kid out of there before she kills him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Next lesson, son. Snitches get stitches."

Lesson learned.
I hope she doesn't teach him about sex..

Lesson learned.

It's Kentucky, so was she ever sober since the age of fifteen?

When I was a kid, they showed us a movie about the consequences of Drunk Driving. Our mums didn't have to go to this extreme to teach us.

I still remember the film, some guy got killed after getting drunk and plowing his Chevy into a brick wall.

After he died, they pulled out his brain, it looked like a well done meat loaf and they sliced it to show us students what can happen.

Then they sliced up a healthy brain to show the difference.

Pretty interesting, and it saved our mothers the DUI pinch

Lesson learned.

In Kentucky they line the sides of the roads with old truck tires for extra safety.... don't even know why they're making a deal out of this.

Lesson learned.

In Kentucky they line the sides of the roads with old truck tires for extra safety.... don't even know why they're making a deal out of this.

Lived in Kentucky and never knew a sober kid in school...

Forum List

Back