Kent State revisited.

03/05/1770
Armed British troops in Boston kill five unarmed men harassing them. It is viewed as a massacre and condemned by the populace. A revolution follows sometime later.
05/04/1970
Armed U.S. troops at Kent State University kill four unarmed students, not all of which were harassing them. It is viewed as a massacre and condemned by many. Whitewash trials follow.

No good guys with guns were present.

Reuters reports a lawsuit that may help bring clarity to the murder of students at Kent State University in 1970.
Lawsuit extends fascination with Kent State deaths 46 years on
This crime should be remembered, especially as the criminals were never sufficiently exposed and punished.
The ones that threw the bottles and rocks at the NG? They are probably too old to prosecute by now. Who wants to pay for housing them in the geriatric ward?

It's clear why these guys were in the 'guard in '70. As everyone back then knew, they were the 'posers', too chicken to resist and too chicken for 'Nam. Cowards firing on an unarmed assembly.

It's clear why these guys were in the 'guard in '70. As everyone back then knew, they were the 'posers', too chicken to resist and too chicken for 'Nam. Cowards firing on an unarmed assembly.

That is one way to look at it but National Guard Units can be called up for active duty any time. I am from Ohio and was in Navy boot camp in 70 during the Kent State tragedy and then sent to Nam. I flew back to the States from Nam and in Lost Angeles International Airport was spit on, cursed at and called baby killer by the Hippies. I was in dress uniform heading home on leave and did not react although many say they would have. I experienced a boat load of trouble in Nam and did not want more trouble in the States.

Their behavior was barbaric. That justice was never done is another shame on the nation.
Those who went to Vietnam were betrayed by their politicians. Everyone who went there was a casualty, but so was the nation as a whole.
The protest against the illegal invasion of Cambodia was exercise not only of 'rights' but of obligation to oppose tyranny.

Their behavior was barbaric. That justice was never done is another shame on the nation.
Those who went to Vietnam were betrayed by their politicians. Everyone who went there was a casualty, but so was the nation as a whole.
The protest against the illegal invasion of Cambodia was exercise not only of 'rights' but of obligation to oppose tyranny.
Protesting is fine. But dumbfucks like you consider throwing bottles protesting.

Nixon is my Hero for several reasons. A lot of shit went down during the Spring/Easter Offensive of 72 where I was a combatant fighting for Old Glory.

'Dumbfucks' are those who make assumptions about people and things they know nothing about.

Brave actions behind an M1 faced by the unarmed.

Brave actions by a lone destroyer with one five inch gun facing a shore battery with one twelve inch gun on the Qua Viet River sometimes called the Cua Viet River (cua means canal in French).

Maintaining law and order was all the British were doing.

Forum List

Back