I think speeding tickets should be on a sliding scale that is connected to your income.

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
A rich person can speed all they want because a $500 speeding ticket doesn't mean shit to them. A consequence is supposed to sting so you learn your lesson and don't do it again. If Johnny millionaire wants to speed 40 miles over then I say slap that motherfucker with a $250,000 speeding ticket.

Last edited:
Well a system that should be highly enforced in my opinion is the 3 strike rule... It would help big time in what your expressing here. Example: If a person is stopped by a cop who was just riding along when suddenly his radar on a dry, clear, sunny day picks up a person running 11 mile per hour over, and he stops the person. Well the first thing that should take place is that all things should be considered about the level of danger the driver imposed on the highway (if any at all), the safety of the vehicle being driven, and the posted speed on the road as well as the hazards presented on the road. Next the driving record of the driver should tell the officer whether the person is an excellent driver or a bad driver. If the record is great having no priors, and the conditions were ideal as far as weather and road conditions go, then the driver should be given a verbal warning and cut loose. If a person had one prior and conditions were great, then a written warning and then cut loose. If a person had two priors, then a ticket is issued. The problem we have in all of this, is the officer could have a problem with the way you look or not understand the way you talk, and under these assumptions or descretions he could throw the book at you if he or she wants too. Not right for the officer, for justice or the citizen....Then there are quota's that are causing cops to stalk people (hiding around corners & sitting in the bushes), hoping to set the victim up. The system above in which I speak of, would at least take some of the BC out of it, and it would help to make sure that proper actions are being taken, and not over reactions being found as the norm in the situations. This would be great for the citizens and the officers. It would free up the law to do more important law services, instead of being tax collectors for corrupt policies or corrupt politicians. Stop quota's and adhere to a 3 strike rule before tickets are written for all violations that are less than a wrecklace driving situation. That's my take on it.

Last edited:
Confounding, it is apropos that your avatar is a pirate. You apparently believe in legalized theft.

• Banned
Confounding, it is apropos that your avatar is a pirate. You apparently believe in legalized theft.

No, I believe in a world in which rich people fear the consequences of their actions like everybody else.

A good way to cheat people don't you think .

I got passed up for foreman twice. 1st time their was a promotion there was an interview. The second time , no interview they hired a person outside the department for shift foreman instead of hiring from within.

1st promotion the guy that allegedly interviewed ( I don't believe he did interview- I don't believe he was there long enough ) first got the job.

Talk about cheated. I lost money from not getting promoted. I don't think that with being done wrong twice and with the current management and their reasoning and favoritism.... I could take a supervisors position .

Being cheated and done wrong......and upper management not doing a thing about it is disheartening .

The blame..... Has to go somewhere .

Shadow 355

Forum List

Back