Kennedy: Barred from Communion

"I believe in an America... where no public official either requests or accepts instructions on public policy from the Pope, the National Council of Churches or any other ecclesiastical source."

- John F. Kennedy, Address to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association, September 12, 1960.

So, you didn't need to duck when the actual point flew over your head. This has absolutely no bearing on the discussion. The Church was not requestiong or instructing Kennedy on anything. He was instructed not to take communion because of his support for abortion. That is absolutely NOT instructing or requesting him to do anything - not surprized you don't see the difference.

Do you need an interpreter or a brain?

Maybe the priest should ask each parishioner their beliefs before giving out the sacraments... they don't ever refuse $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The only thing your post confirms is what lots here already know - that your transformation to total idiot is complete.

I think the Bishop banning him from communion was made public the first few Masses he attended and did not receive it though....

Remember the church made calls for Kerry not to receive communion as well...and I believe it was for the same reason.

This thread isn't even about the topic you are attempting to brow-beat me on.

If you want to do a DP/Catholic Church thread, go for it. Nobody's stopping you.

But I'm done with you.

I'm not wrong. I'm not admitting it. So kindly fuck off.

:rofl: So now since I've proven you wrong, you slowly back away from the topic.

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Pope

In virtue of his office as supreme teacher and ruler of the faithful, the chief control of every department of the Church's life belongs to the pope. In this section the rights and duties which thus fall to his lot will be briefly enumerated. It will appear that, in regard to a considerable number of points, not merely the supreme control, but the whole exercise of power is reserved to the Holy See, and is only granted to others by express delegation. This system of reservation is possible, since the pope is the universal source of all ecclesiastical jurisdiction. Hence it rests with him to determine in what measure he will confer jurisdiction on bishops and other prelates.

Hear that sound? It's the sound of the nail hitting your coffin in this case.

Go start the thread, and take all your marbles with you, Charlie Brown. :rofl:

:lol::lol:

Wow you are a hypocrite, I ask you to post a link on Obama declaring war on Palin when I couldn't find it and you refuse saying it's my job to find it. Now you want people to post links to Si Modo's withdraw because you can't find itl?

The hypocrisy it burns.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrhf_zgtmAg&feature=related[/ame]

:lol:

Let's see, the Pope who is suppose to be the direct representative of God or your Pastor. Gee, that's a tough one there Jen.

Just admit you were wrong, as usual.

If you want to do a DP/Catholic Church thread, go for it. Nobody's stopping you.

But I'm done with you.

Done, Doggiebreath.

All. Done.

Go start the thread, and take all your marbles with you, Charlie Brown. :rofl:

:lol: I'd say you are the Charlie Brown of this thread but Charlie Brown was a likable person. You are not. :eusa_whistle:

So I'll just go ahead and just laugh at you some more.

JE, you're an idiot, not only because you can't read what Si Modo said and comprehend it, but also because you're criticizing others for talking about Catholics but you aren't criticizing RGS and Babble...who aren't Catholics. Oh, wait, maybe you're both an idiot and a hypocrite.

And the Pope/Catholic Church ONLY supports the death penalty if that is the ONLY way to keep the perp from harming anyone...in almost every case that is NEVER since locking someone behind bars protects society enough.

So if you are a supporter of the death penalty you are no better of a Catholic than Kennedy is...twit.

"I believe in an America... where no public official either requests or accepts instructions on public policy from the Pope, the National Council of Churches or any other ecclesiastical source."

- John F. Kennedy, Address to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association, September 12, 1960.

So, you didn't need to duck when the actual point flew over your head. This has absolutely no bearing on the discussion. The Church was not requestiong or instructing Kennedy on anything. He was instructed not to take communion because of his support for abortion. That is absolutely NOT instructing or requesting him to do anything - not surprized you don't see the difference.

Oh you're just splitting hairs. They're punishing him for his support of abortion. Now you punish people when you want them to change behavior so they may as well have written a formal request.

No I'm not. Are you Catholic? Because you may not understand it if you're not. But there is a huge difference..... The Church is perfectly right to bar someone from communion if that person is acting against Church principles.... the Church is very clear on it's stance on abortion.

It was not trying to get Kennedy to change his stance - it was standing by its own. What the hell is that to do with anyone other than Kennedy and his Church?

Let's see, the Pope who is suppose to be the direct representative of God or your Pastor. Gee, that's a tough one there Jen.

But I'm done with you.

You're wrong, but you'd rather burn in hell than to admit it.

No I'm not. Are you Catholic? Because you may not understand it if you're not. But there is a huge difference..... The Church is perfectly right to bar someone from communion if that person is acting against Church principles.... the Church is very clear on it's stance on abortion.

It was not trying to get Kennedy to change his stance - it was standing by its own. What the hell is that to do with anyone other than Kennedy and his Church?

Let us see the Church ban every Abortion and Death Penalty supporter from Communion. See how fast their influence in Washington flies by. That's the point I'm trying to make, they need to be consistent.

But I'm done with you.

You're wrong, but you'd rather burn in hell than to admit it.
Yep...cause lying gets you to hell just as fast as any other sin.

Oh you're just splitting hairs. They're punishing him for his support of abortion. Now you punish people when you want them to change behavior so they may as well have written a formal request.

Have to agree.
The church has a right to set the rules. You can comply or find a new church.

The church has a problem though in that legal abortion is the rule of the land. They are restricting any Catholic who may seek elected office. Once elected, you are obligated to uphold the laws of the land, not the laws of the Church

Just because it's the law of the land doesn't mean it's right. Slavery was the law of the land. Hanging horse thieves was the law of the land. Bounties for Indian scalps was the law of the land.

The church has been and always will be anti-abortion. Of course it belongs in this fight. And any political entity who champions abortion is, and should be, disciplined within the church.

Being denied communion is not excommunication. But obviously Kennedy doesn't give a shit about his faith anyway, or he wouldn't be the abortion king. The Catholic Church is a religion for the Kennedy women and children. The men use it to further their political careers.
The Roman Catholic Church has every right to be as anti choice as they want but they have no right to demand a say in how the laws of our land are written.

I'm surprised at you, Baba!
I think Kennedy, like many Catholics, cares a lot about his faith but he does not put his faith above his country.

Kennedy was elected to represent the will of his constituents and to uphold the US Constitution, not to do the bidding of some medieval religious kooks in Rome. Even a nit wit like you should know that.

Suppose the Methodist Church decided to blackmail any of it's followers in the US Senate that believed your branch of the Baptist church rights to non profit status should be upheld by threatening to kick them out of the church? Would you be condoning that as well?

Good lord, look at her last 3 posts. She said her objection, which was MOOT (which means no longer applies) was that the church had made it public and it should be between Kennedy and his priest (in this case, the bishop).

She admitted that she'd missed the part of the article which pointed out that Kennedy had made it public, and said her point was now MOOT, which means non-applicable.

I saw that "MOOT" part....I know what the fuck the word means dumbass.

I simply NEVER SAW HER SAY she agrees that the Church is within it's right to discipline Kennedy this way.

She said (and I quote):

Si Modo said:
Personally, I think the Church is way out of line here.

She needs to own the above statement, or clarify whether or not she agrees with the ACTION the church has taken. Or not.

She has not done that so far. Once she has, I will withdraw my objection to her post (or not), depending upon her actual position with regard to the Church's action in this matter.

GOOD FUCKIN GRIEF. :rolleyes:

Jen, go back and read Si's post. As soon as she realized that the statement came from Kennedy, she withdrew her comment.

It is not for us to keep you up to speed, it is for you to make sure you get your facts straight, my friend.

However, the main point to this whole thing is this..... Tax Exemptions Must Remain For All Catholics!:lol:

You neg rep'd me with this mesage..

Not smart to neg rep someone who has a higher rep count than you, you fucking idiot.

Why, whatever do you mean by this? :lol:

BULLSHIT. The church is VERY clear on its position about Abortion. If you want to participate in Church given sacrament that church has EVERY right and RESPONSIBILITY to make sure you deserve said sacrament based on the beliefs and requirements of said faith.

:lol:

What a laughable statement.

I suppose then that the RCC has "EVERY right and RESPONSIBILITY" to make sure that no Catholic has ever used birth control, had premarital sex, had an abortion, masturbated or done any other thing they don't allow before allowing any of them the sacrament. If they did that how many Catholics do you think would remain standing? :lol:

Kennedy has been singled out for political, not spiritual reasons.

Shame on the RCC!! Just more evidence that the Vatican remains the corrupt and despotic organization it has always been.

Good lord, look at her last 3 posts. She said her objection, which was MOOT (which means no longer applies) was that the church had made it public and it should be between Kennedy and his priest (in this case, the bishop).

She admitted that she'd missed the part of the article which pointed out that Kennedy had made it public, and said her point was now MOOT, which means non-applicable.

I saw that "MOOT" part....I know what the fuck the word means dumbass.

I simply NEVER SAW HER SAY she agrees that the Church is within it's right to discipline Kennedy this way.

She said (and I quote):

Si Modo said:

She needs to own the above statement, or clarify whether or not she agrees with the ACTION the church has taken. Or not.

She has not done that so far. Once she has, I will withdraw my objection to her post (or not), depending upon her actual position with regard to the Church's action in this matter.

GOOD FUCKIN GRIEF. :rolleyes:

Jen, go back and read Si's post. As soon as she realized that the statement came from Kennedy, she withdrew her comment.

It is not for us to keep you up to speed, it is for you to make sure you get your facts straight, my friend.

However, the main point to this whole thing is this..... Tax Exemptions Must Remain For All Catholics!:lol:

You neg rep'd me with this mesage..

11-22-2009 03:39 PM California Girl Not smart to neg rep someone who has a higher rep count than you, you fucking idiot.

Why, whatever do you mean by this? :lol:

It was inappropriate of Kennedy to make public something that should have remained between him and his Church. He chose to make confidential correspondence public in a shameless attempt to garner support.

Kennedy is an ass.

Sounds to me he was brave and exposed a black mailer at thr risk of putting himself in further danger of excommunication.

I'm glad he exposed the bishop. The public benefits when it's made aware of just who is trying to exert undue pressure on our elected representatives

I think the Bishop banning him from communion was made public the first few Masses he attended and did not receive it though....

Remember the church made calls for Kerry not to receive communion as well...and I believe it was for the same reason.
That sounds about right to me too, from what I heard.

Telling him he could not take communion and then expecting him not to have to respond to questions why he wasn't taking communion is ridiculous. If the bishop really wanted it kept private I suppose the only thing he could have done was tell Kennedy he could come forward as if to receive the host and then slip him an unconsecrated wafer instead. :cuckoo:

If the bishop believed in his actions why didn't he have the balls to stand by his convictions? It's like he wanted to punish Kennedy but he thought he'd look bad in the public eye doing it.

Forum List

Back