Kel-Tec S2K 9mm Carbine

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Ringel05 cost me money!​

Looking at his S&W folding carbine thread of yesterday mad me decide I "needed" another S2K so I called my LGS and had them set me back a lightly used example with some upgrades....It uses the G17 grip which I prefer.....$325.00.

s2 002 (2).JPG

s2 001 (2).JPG

It came with a M Carbo tube cover, oversized charging knob, steel barrel nut, trigger upgrade kit, and metal rear sight along with a MagPul angled forend grip (that I removed), the 10 round Glock G-17 mag it shipped with, and a MagPul G17 mag.

It has a 9mm birdcage on it but the thread protector was included in the bag of parts that were switched out. Not sure if I'll leave it on or not.

2k 002 (2).JPG

As you can see it fits nicely in a waterproof .mil substance bag....I'll sew in some pouches for spare mags by and by.

5.3# with a loaded 17 rd mag.

Nice! I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I saw that S&W .
I even went online to check out the Kel-Tec versions like this. You seem to find much better deals than I can here.
Cheapest I found was $400 refurb stock

Nice! I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I saw that S&W .
I even went online to check out the Kel-Tec versions like this. You seem to find much better deals than I can here.
Cheapest I found was $400 refurb stock

That's about the going rate for a used one these days. Had they wanted $400 for this one I would have paid it given the upgrades and not thought twice about it.

The other one I have a Gen 1 so I don't know if all the Gen 2 ones come with that snap-on dust cover thingy or if it was a add-on, it was in the box with the rest. Not a bad idea to protect the chamber face with when folded.