Keeping My Promise to Expose Obama

Nobody got screwed. That's the point. You guys keep saying somebody got screwed. Nothing happened.

The whole point, and Obama made it himself, was that the insurance companies were getting a free ride from vets and the VA. That was the whole thing. The ONLY way vets would have been screwed was by their INSURANCE companies. So, to keep insurance companies from screwing vets, the matter was dropped.
wow, talk about not getting the point
those insurance companies would not have been able to cover those costs
it would have forced them to drop any coverage for anyone connected to the military

you really have no business sense, do you?

Like I said, the insurance companies would have screwed the vets if they actually had to pay the medical bills of the people that paid them to do so.

And it remains a free ride for the insurance companies now. I sure would like to offer insurance to peole who already have health care from the VA. That's a pretty damn neat racket.
the point you are missing is this coverage was not for combat
and i bet most of these vets were national guard or reserves
that had coverage from their full time jobs

it would have forced them to drop any coverage for anyone connected to the military

Like I said, the insurance companies would have screwed the vets if they actually had to pay the medical bills of the people that paid them to do so.

And it remains a free ride for the insurance companies now. I sure would like to offer insurance to peole who already have health care from the VA. That's a pretty damn neat racket.
the point you are missing is this coverage was not for combat
and i bet most of these vets were national guard or reserves
that had coverage from their full time jobs

I would think you are right. There was also an indication that many were out of the service and working full time, with insurance.

It was a bad idea but it wasn't the slap in the face these guys are crying about. We had one vet in the same discussion who thought along similar lines: If you can afford health care, why are you at the VA ? It's not an absurd question. But vets want and deserve VA services. So they get them. And a few days of looking at insurance to pay for health care ? Wow...what a novel idea.

So then, you're against timely, increased funding for vets. That is what has transpired.
What's actually transpired is unfunded mandates. That you and other idiot Obama apologists try to use as a strawman to dismiss the fact that Obama said he wanted Vets to pay for their own war injuries.

And since you all went to the Goebbels school of propaganda, you believe if you say a lie loud enough and long enough, folks will start to believe it.

That's a lie. No one ever said that vets would pay for their own injuries.

It's non issue anyway, as it is not under consideration. Just something for the partisans to cling to, as clinging is their way of life.
Yes, Obama proposed it. So, it's not a lie. See how that works?

And what got passed instead was an UNFUNDED mandate.

So, 2 for 2 on ya so far, while you're about 0-16 in this thread with others.

He's over reacting to a badly written (probably on purpose) story that someobody floated the idea that veterans would recieve their health care through private insurers, which might have necessitated that they might have to pay (as most of us do) some part of the cost of the health care.

Now understand, what he's reacting to was not a policy that was advanced beyond being considered (and rejected) at the committee level, but apparently he is under the impression that event somehow makes Obama the devil or soemthing.

Apparently he imagines that Obama is responsible for every random thought of ever committee member or WONK in goverment.

That or he's merely a drama queen seeking to show us how terribly patriotic he is.

Hard to tell, really.

The story is essantially nothing but the tempest in a teacup sort of partisan blather that we're often exposed to here.

All one had to do is read the story itself (it's linked to on some other thread) and you'll realize that there was really nothing to it whatever.

But if one WANTS to make up tripe to bitch about, one can easily pretend that one's reading skills are non-existent, and that one doesn't really understand that this story has no legs.

There are TWO sides to the issue, and this the third thread.

First, I guess I had better go see what his response is.:lol:

Perhaps I missed that part of the story that said that OBAMA came up with the idea.

If Obama came up with this idea, then Obama was a damned fool.

Niether, obviously do I.

Good point and one I obviously failed to make clearly enough.

But the Veterans ADMIN is NOT the military budget, is it?

Seldom happens

Yes very true, and screwing the Vets has been par for the course ever since the REVOUTIONARY war, too.

We're used as their social experimentation ground. Why not? No one's allowed to talk back and you get your ass burned if you refuse to follow orders.

So true. Been there. Got the dog tags and everything.

The VA and military budgets are not the same, nor did I mean to imply they were. I don't know how other vets feel, but Marines feel they are part of the military whether vets, active duty, or retired. It's that "Once a Marine ...." thing.

The active duty military has in fact been screwed more than once. I thought I already posted this:

When I enlisted, it was free medical for life. I now have to pay.

When I enlisted, if you did 20, you got a flat 50% of your base pay as retirement. I did squeak in under that wire. Those who came after get much less. I believe 35% for 20 is max you can get now.

Those two events happened while Reagan was President.

We were negligently underfunded during Carter's years, and grossly underfunded and our OpTempo increased during Clinton's tenure.

Base Realignment and closures Congress looking to squeeze some more pennies.

Gramm, Rudman, Hollings left us at about 75% end-strength from downsizing the force to squeeze some more pennies.

Those two were Bush I doings.

So, it DOES happen.

The VA has been underfunded since Day One.

Nobody got screwed. That's the point. You guys keep saying somebody got screwed. Nothing happened.

The whole point, and Obama made it himself, was that the insurance companies were getting a free ride from vets and the VA. That was the whole thing. The ONLY way vets would have been screwed was by their INSURANCE companies. So, to keep insurance companies from screwing vets, the matter was dropped.

Give it up. You're wrong. You obviously won't listen and have your partisan skullcap jerked down hard over your ears.

The way vets would have been screwed is because Obama wanted to dump the cost onto the insurance companies. Of course they'd pass it on to vets. Quit leaving the parts you don't like out.

The matter was dropped because Congressional Democrats wouldn't support it. it would be political suicide. At least if nothign else, they learned THAT lesson from Vietnam.

Give it up. You're wrong. You obviously won't listen and have your partisan skullcap jerked down hard over your ears.

The way vets would have been screwed is because Obama wanted to dump the cost onto the insurance companies. Of course they'd pass it on to vets. Quit leaving the parts you don't like out.

The matter was dropped because Congressional Democrats wouldn't support it. it would be political suicide. At least if nothign else, they learned THAT lesson from Vietnam.

Which is on tighter? Peejay's partisan skullcap or Sunni Man's turbin?

Doesn't work that way. My employer STILL has to carry me for job-related injuries on his employee insurance. The insurance company just doesn't get to suck my blood for my family.

Forum List

Back