Keep your dog chained or fenced in.

Cop shot the guy's dog in his own fenced-in yard? :cuckoo:

Cops came up to my gate one night..looking for a guy that was running, dogs went ballistic!

I had to pop out there and see what was up. They were after somebody..realized that somebody was not coming through my yard. They did not draw down on my dogs, not even the psycho girl one.

She kept the dog catcher from catching a neighbor's poodle he was after. He was pretty angry. :eusa_dance:

What kind of an asshole calls the cops because a chihuahua is running wild?
Amen to this. I wonder what they would do if it were something like a Great Dane instead.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I don't know much about dogs, but I do know that the Chihuahua is a small one, and only weighs like a few pounds. If they are not the smallest, what kind of dog is?
I believe a Chihuahua is the smallest breed. They average about 5 pounds.
Thank you.

The officer has already been fired. I hope it was worth it becoming known as the unemployed guy who shoots puppies.
That puppy was kind of asking for it...
How much damage exactly can a five pound chihuahua do and if it had to be shot, did it have to be shot in the head?

God bless you two and the dog's owner always!!!

Holly

did it have to be shot in the head?

Actually, we're trained to shoot animals in the head. It's the best spot for a quick kill. Less suffering is the goal.

Not a whole lot of call for open casket funerals for put down animals.

I'm telling you. If a cop is knocking on your door, kennel your dog immediately or the cop will likely shoot it. You don't want the dog bolting out the door at the cops or running around loose in your house if the cops come in. Not only that, they often miss and hit people. If your dog gets loose, a cop will often shoot it simply for being loose even if it is no threat.

Cop, aiming for dog, accidentally shoots sergeant

did it have to be shot in the head?

Actually, we're trained to shoot animals in the head. It's the best spot for a quick kill. Less suffering is the goal.

Not a whole lot of call for open casket funerals for put down animals.
When the dogs are big enough, I don't blame y'all, but ones that weigh only five pounds? Giving them a good kick with your foot is probably more than sufficient.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The dog didn't leave it's yard so that tells me there might have been a hidden electric fence that doesn't allow the dog to go outside it's yard.
Where I live, it's against the law to chain up a dog. you either have to have a fence, or an electric one. The fines are stiff if they catch you chaining up a dog.
And, a 5 pound dog?? Seriously? What could he have done to that asshole cop? Bitten off his shoelaces?
And finally, dogs are social animals and chaining them is a cruel thing to do. They think of us as their family and we should do the same with them. I have had dogs all my life and still have one and a few VERY spoiled cats. All of them live in my house. The dog goes out to do his business and I have 3 indoor/outdoor cats, but at the end of the day, all of them are inside. I have a huge fenced in yard on half of my back yard, but the cats only laugh at it. None of them go near the horses though because they aren't fond of dogs or cats, so the barn is off limits to all of them....by their own choice. I don't blame them, being kicked by a horse isn't something I would want to experience either.

Most of the world, when they watch american movies or visit the USA are suprised and simply cannot understand the fact that this human society finds it completely normal to live in houses without fences, walls or some other kind of physical barrier separating private property from public space and their neighbor's private property.

Most of the world, when they watch american movies or visit the USA are suprised and simply cannot understand the fact that this human society finds it completely normal to live in houses without fences, walls or some other kind of physical barrier separating private property from public space and their neighbor's private property.
Good fences make good neighbours.

Originally posted by cnm
Good fences make good neighbours.

LOL

It's unbelievable, cnm...

This is at the same time one of the most popular proverbs in America and by far the most ignored by americans. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back