Kavanaugh/Ford Opinion Threads -- Monday Sept 24th 2018

Exactly what the fuck do you want the FBI to investigate, they already have statements form every one of Fords proclaimed witnesses that they have no memory of ever being at a party Ford describes. Ford can't tell them exactly where or when this supposed party took place, so exactly where is the FBI supposed to start?

Now you can proceed to do your little dance and deflection without answering my question.

I answered your question as to what the FBI can do before; in short interview the actors and any witnesses. Then go back and interview them again after preparing the notes taken the first time as well as the recordings.

Little lies lead to big lies and big lies lead to more evidence and more witnesses and documents; thus eventually a conclusion.

This is what scares the crap out of Grassley and the other Republican members of the committee, and you.

You are aware that it's not common practice for the FBI to record interviews. They already have statements, now you what to send them out fishing. Another investigation in search of a crime, something you folks seem to love. Fords witnesses haven't corroborated her fantasy, in fact they have debunked it. I don't see her as a credible witness either, wholes you can drive an aircraft carrier though. She best hope she can blend into the woodwork when this is over.

Can you stop lying already???

FBI does not "have statements" worth a damn. They are statements to media, with ZERO liability.

FBI conducted such investigations before. It was done promptly and helped move the process along. There is no reason this coud not be done in this instance and it just makes Kavanaugh look bad when his accuser is asking for one and he is playing dodge.

Kavanaugh has never said he is against an investigation, its the FBI who said that, and the Maryland AG. Prosecuters, federal, state, county, or city do not investigate unsupported allegations with zero evidence or collaboration.

Huh, it begins with local police or sheriff agencies, unless they respond to a homicide or other serious violent felony, their inspectors or detectives do the initial investigation.

I don't know when the FBI enters into an investigation by policy, I know they will respond and take over in some circumstances, but never personally asked them to intervene. They do the background check for Federal nominees, and that includes Kavanaugh.
Exactly what the fuck do you want the FBI to investigate, they already have statements form every one of Fords proclaimed witnesses that they have no memory of ever being at a party Ford describes. Ford can't tell them exactly where or when this supposed party took place, so exactly where is the FBI supposed to start?

Now you can proceed to do your little dance and deflection without answering my question.

I answered your question as to what the FBI can do before; in short interview the actors and any witnesses. Then go back and interview them again after preparing the notes taken the first time as well as the recordings.

Little lies lead to big lies and big lies lead to more evidence and more witnesses and documents; thus eventually a conclusion.

This is what scares the crap out of Grassley and the other Republican members of the committee, and you.

You are aware that it's not common practice for the FBI to record interviews. They already have statements, now you what to send them out fishing. Another investigation in search of a crime, something you folks seem to love. Fords witnesses haven't corroborated her fantasy, in fact they have debunked it. I don't see her as a credible witness either, wholes you can drive an aircraft carrier though. She best hope she can blend into the woodwork when this is over.

FBI does not "have statements" worth a damn. They are statements to media, with ZERO liability.

FBI conducted such investigations before. It was done promptly and helped move the process along. There is no reason this coud not be done in this instance and it just makes Kavanaugh look bad when his accuser is asking for one and he is playing dodge.

Kavanaugh has never said he is against an investigation, its the FBI who said that, and the Maryland AG. Prosecuters, federal, state, county, or city do not investigate unsupported allegations with zero evidence or collaboration.

Huh, it begins with local police or sheriff agencies, unless they respond to a homicide or other serious violent felony, their inspectors or detectives do the initial investigation.

I don't know when the FBI enters into an investigation by policy, I know they will respond and take over in some circumstances, but never personally asked them to intervene. They do the background check for Federal nominees, and that includes Kavanaugh.

People keep using JFK as a poster Child for Democrats he was a Known Womanizer. His Cousin Killed Martha Moxley his Brother Killed Mary Joe Kopechne. And he probably had Marilyn Monroe x'd out see the pattern here

You are a joke, Kavanaugh can demand WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS TO DEMAND.

Niether a hearing (see Garland) nor FBI investigation are hinged on his demands, but when he dodges the question of FBI investigation that WH can initiate at ANYTIME, he is acting conspicuously.

I don't think MRS ford will show up to be questioned by a Sex crimes Attorney who is trained to ferret out lies from accusers. What about you.My first question would be how many sexual partners have you had in your 51 years . Tally was at 54 before she got out of College WTF was she a friend of Stormy Daniels the Trump accuser who has gone down more times than the US Submarine Fleet

Unfortunately for him, one of those much-invoked character witnesses—a woman named Renate Schroeder Dolphin, who offered her name in support of his—recently discovered how he, in turn, had used hers. The New York Times reported that Kavanaugh and a number of other graduates, including eight members of the football team, referred to themselves in the yearbook as “Renate Alumni.” The implication is obvious, and a poem from another guy’s page lays it out clearly: “You need a date/ and it’s getting late/ so don’t hesitate/ to call Renate.” When Kavanaugh included himself in this group in his yearbook page, I think we can all agree that he was neither a) “behaving honorably” as the letter attested, nor b) “treating women with dignity and respect,” as he repeatedly insisted in his Fox interview. This was not “being a good friend.” Much of what Kavanaugh said in that interview was disproved in the same day. This tells us something about how the man responds to incentives. Today, he needs to have been “a good friend” to women to be approved to the Supreme Court. Back then, he needed approval from his buddies, so he helped drag a girl’s name through the mud to get it. Today he needs to have been a virgin. Back then he needed to have slept with Renate. He’ll tell the truth as it needs to be, not as it is.

Brett Kavanaugh and the Cruelty of Male Bonding

Truth seems to be very "subjective" for this guy. And he wants a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court?

And you will continue to troll and lie your ass off, Kavanaugh has been demanding a hearing for two weeks now, that's all he has the power to do.

You are a joke, Kavanaugh can demand WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS TO DEMAND.

Niether a hearing (see Garland) nor FBI investigation are hinged on his demands, but when he dodges the question of FBI investigation that WH can initiate at ANYTIME, he is acting conspicuously.

As usual you have no clue of which you speak. The statements were given under the penalty of felony. They were NOT PRESS STATEMENTS. But feel free to keep lying.

BTW the one the FBI did before were done because they were federal employees and the alleged incident/fantasy occurred on federal property. I'm sure you're too stupid to distinguish the difference between two MD teenagers on private property, on their own time and two federal employees on federal property, on federal time.

Gee, another revelation that college age guys acted like college age guys.

In other news, the sun is yellow and water is wet and Democrats are more desperate than ever.

By the way......................IRT Kavanaugh's interview on FOX last night..................

I went to school. I knew varsity football players in my school. Damn near every one of them was getting laid on a regular basis.

Do you guys believe that Kavanaugh was a virgin in high school and college?

In other news, the sun is yellow and water is wet and Democrats are more desperate than ever.
Well it would be different if he didnt pretend to be a choir boy. I always wondered how he and Judge were such good friends when Judge is an admitted drunkard and womanizer.

Sorry, your comment "college age guys acted like college guys" is absurd. Some mature earlier, and treated college age gals with respect.

Kavanaugh is proud of being a virgin well past his high school graduation; virgins like him disrespect girls and remain a virgin much longer than those of us who matured at an earlier age.

They [the FBI] do the background check for Federal nominees, and that includes Kavanaugh.

Yeah, but wanna look at something grotesquely laughable? See, that's the Justice Department, overseeing the FBI, in diligent service of American citizens:

Republicans and the Trump White House argue that isn't the FBI's role. The Justice Department seems to agree. In a statement, a Justice Department spokeswoman said the FBI — which has added a letter from Christine Blasey Ford to Kavanaugh's already completed background report file — had already done all it was going to do, because "the allegation does not involve any potential federal crime."

"The FBI does not make any judgment about the credibility or significance of any allegation," the statement reads. "The purpose of a background investigation is to determine whether the nominee could pose a risk to the national security of the United States. The allegation does not involve any potential federal crime. The FBI's role in such matters is to provide information for the use of the decision makers."

Grassley was more definitive in an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt Tuesday morning.

"The FBI investigation of Judge Kavanaugh is closed," he said. "The FBI is not doing any further investigation."​

So, they're not doing investigations, but are "merely" providing information to decision makers. But then, they are not providing the information because a federal crime wasn't involved. But also, they only provide information on any risk to the national security, but a Supreme Court Justice under potential blackmail because of not (yet) uncovered State crimes is no risk to national security.

You get an award if you can untangle this discombobulated nonsense. It would seem, someone wrote up, punch drunk, his brainstorming why no, no, no, the case is closed. CLOSED!!!

And yet, something interesting happened: In the context of the Blasey Ford allegation, Kavanaugh's Yale classmates started talking and emailing between themselves, and that raised a bit of a ruckus, and, soon enough, it seeped out to the media, until, at long last, the New Yorker heard about it, contacted Ramirez, and convinced her to talk to them. Apparently, the FBI, famed for their thorough and meticulous investigations, missed a few things. Embarrassing, isn't it? The Yale classmates didn't quite show up on their radar. Anything they'd find, in addition to what is in their files, would document their utter failure to find it in not one, not two, not three... in six investigations.

Now they're rather not investigating. There's some irony in that, don't you think?

But our righty friends think that having passed the six prior background investigations is enough, the obvious failure - make that six failures - be damned. One might be inclined to laugh at the goofs, were they not that pathetic.

Sorry, your comment "college age guys acted like college guys" is absurd. Some mature earlier, and treated college age gals with respect.

Nope, it's actually quite accurate, but you already know that.

Virgins like him disrespect girls and remain a virgin much longer than those of us who matured at an earlier age.

You're free to cite your evidence

`
Brett Kavanaugh's prospects of being confirmed to the Supreme Court suffered another major setback on Sunday night when a second woman accused him of sexual assault decades ago, and a prominent lawyer took to Twitter claiming a third woman has "credible information" on the high court nominee.

Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee are investigating another allegation of sexual assault against Kavanaugh, according to The New Yorker. Deborah Ramirez, who is 53, told the magazine that when Kavanaugh was a freshman at Yale in the 1983-84 academic school year, she remembers that he “exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party, thrust his penis in her face, and caused her to touch it without her consent as she pushed him away.”

Kavanaugh flatly denied the allegation, calling it a last-minute smear. But his confirmation now appears to be in serious doubt. Most Senate Republicans had vowed to push forward with his nomination after securing a Thursday hearing with Christine Blasey Ford, who went public a week ago with her allegation that Kavanaugh sexually attacked her at a high school party.- Source
`
`

When it rains, it pours. Poor Brett can't seem to get a break here.

Mod Note: Nothing to do with this OP post. For 3 days now, we've been packing up about 25 threads and merging them into the "Daily Kavanaugh/Ford hearings merges. You need to STOP THIS and use the DOZENS of existing threads in politics or current events to add your opinion or comments or predictions. USMB IS NOT TWITTER. We can't be all talking past each other. Threads will be closed or trashed.

Merged total of 19 from Current Events and Politics here.
`
Analysis | Brett Kavanaugh’s explicit Clinton memo shows how much he despised a president accused of behaving badly
But we do know that two decades ago, the potential future Supreme Court justice was on the prosecuting end of misconduct allegations against a president. He was a top lawyer for the Kenneth Starr-led investigation into Bill Clinton’s affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky. And Kavanaugh was extremely critical of that president.
Not sure if anyone has realized this, but it does seem that the Clintons have another reason to hate this guy.

The Democrats are playing a very dangerous game here. I don't think they realize the pushback they're inviting.
`
Dangerous game? Pushback? Pray tell, how?

Can you not even see another side to this? Are you serious?

Okay, I'll spell it out. First, the Dems are absolutely driving Republicans straight to the polls with this in November. Read up on that. Second, you are opening up a Pandora's box now for EVERY candidate. You think we won't turn this game on you? You think you can FIND a Dem candidate who didn't, in high school, have drunken shenanigans? If our Congressmen won't find those shenanigans, believe me, our media WILL.

Stupid, stupid, short-sighted Dems. As. Ever.
Pandora's box got opened decades ago by repugs going after Clinton. Shrub used it to good effect on McCain. Repugs played dirty pool with the Garland nomination. Repugs shouldn't be surprised that Democrats finally fight back.

Well it would be different if he didnt pretend to be a choir boy. I always wondered how he and Judge were such good friends when Judge is an admitted drunkard and womanizer.

Judge wrote a book to sell books, no reason to push reality there, RIGHT? LMAO

His reality jibes with the reality of all the other students that didnt write any books right?

Not sure if anyone has realized this, but it does seem that the Clintons have another reason to hate this guy.

Of course, the Clintons have reasons enough to hate pretty much all of America, and then some, but it is entirely unclear what they have to do with the confirmation hearing and Kavanaugh's youthful indiscretions.

It is, however, rich in irony, that the man, Kavanaugh, who conceived of the intrusive investigation into every sordid, salacious detail of Bill's extra-marital shenanigans has had a lot of personal experience in that regard to draw on, and, allegedly, without ever getting what he ... well, desired, until many years after college.

Investigating Bill's dick were in leading positions, Newt Gingrich (adultery), Dennis Hastert (molestation of students), and Kavanaugh (alleged sexual assault). Sure, you can appreciate the irony, no?

His reality jibes with the reality of all the other students that didnt write any books right?

Of course you have a link to ALL those statements, RIGHT?

I dont carry links on me. You can compare on google though if you dont trust me.

I dont carry links on me. You can compare on google though if you dont trust me.

Trust known liars, yeah right. LMAO

Trust known liars, yeah right. LMAO

I was assuming you would find something on Faux news. I agree they lie alot but this one is kinda hard to lie about.

The Democrats are playing a very dangerous game here. I don't think they realize the pushback they're inviting.
`
Dangerous game? Pushback? Pray tell, how?

Can you not even see another side to this? Are you serious?

Okay, I'll spell it out. First, the Dems are absolutely driving Republicans straight to the polls with this in November. Read up on that. Second, you are opening up a Pandora's box now for EVERY candidate. You think we won't turn this game on you? You think you can FIND a Dem candidate who didn't, in high school, have drunken shenanigans? If our Congressmen won't find those shenanigans, believe me, our media WILL.

Stupid, stupid, short-sighted Dems. As. Ever.
Pandora's box got opened decades ago by repugs going after Clinton. Shrub used it to good effect on McCain. Repugs played dirty pool with the Garland nomination. Repugs shouldn't be surprised that Democrats finally fight back.

Goes further back than that, to when the Dems went after Clarence Thomas with no evidence to support Anita Hill's allegations. You can bitch about Garland, but at least the GOP didn't find some woman to accuse him of sexual misconduct of some kind. Hey, the Repubs voted Ginsburg in 96-3, and they also voted in Kagan and Sotomayor so I don't think you've got much of a case.

Forum List

Back