Karl Rove's 2012 electoral map has Obama winning

Reagan’s attacks on government spending left Americans with reduced expectations of their government’s capabilities, easing the political pressure on his successor to offer expensive new government-funded programs to cure social ills. And due to the cautious policies of the Federal Reserve Board and the absence of unpleasant price shocks during his term, President Reagan is able to leave to his successor both an unusually low unemployment rate and a relatively low and stable rate of inflation, perhaps the most welcome gifts of all

Reagan ran up a huge debt, I can see perhaps some with lower expectations, but the cycle of dependency continues till this day. Daniel Moynihan wrote about welfare being a "culture" in the 1960's. The percentage of Americans on welfare BEGAN to decrease in the mid 1970's, there was actually an uptick in the Reagan years, it has gone down since the 1990's:

File:Welfare Benefits Payments Graph.gif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reagan ran up a debt to bring down the communist. which also increased America's economical growth.

NIXON deserves credit for the fall of the SU, Reagan's photo ops were just that. The Soviet Union was crumbling before the "tear this wall down" commercial.

Obama is going to win but what will make laugh my ass off is if he loses the popular vote while doing so.

That would be payback for 2000. Will we see another Brooks Brothers riot? An appointment by the Supremes? I doubt that will happen, since the GOP has gone so far out of their way to alienate more women and minorities.

Last edited:
Reagan ran up a huge debt, I can see perhaps some with lower expectations, but the cycle of dependency continues till this day. Daniel Moynihan wrote about welfare being a "culture" in the 1960's. The percentage of Americans on welfare BEGAN to decrease in the mid 1970's, there was actually an uptick in the Reagan years, it has gone down since the 1990's:

File:Welfare Benefits Payments Graph.gif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reagan ran up a debt to bring down the communist. which also increased America's economical growth.

NIXON deserves credit for the fall of the SU, Reagan's photo ops were just that. The Soviet Union was crumbling before the "tear this wall down" commercial.

Horseshit. Nixon gave us carter.

So you agree that Reagan was a military Keynesian.

Keyesian? Don't be bitter that Reagan beat the communist.

First of all, it's "communists". Add an "s" when it's plural. Plural means "more than one".

Second, do you know what "Keynesian" means? Essentially it has to do with increased government spending to stimulate growth. You said "...which also increased America's economical growth". By the way, it's "economic", not "economical".

I was merely pointing this out. You said it, not me.

Nixon was followed by Ford, who should have been elected in my view, though I was not NOT old enough to vote. And Carter STILL gets the heat for the Reagan 21% interest rates and lousy economy; like Ford, he helped restore trust in the presidency. But the grade Z actor smiled better. Reagan skipped WWII also. At least George H.W. Bush put his life on the line for this country, as did Dole, McCain, Gore, and Kerry.

Nixon was followed by Ford, who should have been elected in my view, though I was not NOT old enough to vote. And Carter STILL gets the heat for the Reagan 21% interest rates and lousy economy; like Ford, he helped restore trust in the presidency. But the grade Z actor smiled better. Reagan skipped WWII also. At least George H.W. Bush put his life on the line for this country, as did Dole, McCain, Gore, and Kerry.

Ford wasn't president long enough to count, he was not president a full four years.

Exactly what year was the 21% unemployment under Reagan? Was it during obama first 4 years?
Just like you say obama should not be blamed for the economy now.
See how I am going to work this?

150744_385623928148716_218005411577236_1135417_1044974948_n.jpg

Last edited:
So you agree that Reagan was a military Keynesian.

Keyesian? Don't be bitter that Reagan beat the communist.

First of all, it's "communists". Add an "s" when it's plural. Plural means "more than one".

Second, do you know what "Keynesian" means? Essentially it has to do with increased government spending to stimulate growth. You said "...which also increased America's economical growth". By the way, it's "economic", not "economical".

I was merely pointing this out. You said it, not me.

As I said don't be bitter that Reagan defeated your brethren the communist

Last edited:
And Boehner says the GOP have a 1 in 3 chance of losing the House. Not a lot of confidence coming from the Speaker. Republicans said Pelosi was the worst Speaker ever? Based on what criteria? Because I'll bet you anything Boehner is less accomplished.

Ford wasn't president long enough to count, he was not president a full four years.

Exactly what year was the 21% unemployment under Reagan? Was it during obama first 4 years?

The economy is Obama's responsibility, I have not written otherwise.

Chris (intentionally?) left out Rove's closing sentence:

...just about all of the “lean-*‐Romney” states are generally Republican-*‐safe states, while all of the “lean-*‐ Obama” states will most likely move to the “toss-*‐up” or “lean-*‐Romney” column as the campaigns progress.

:eusa_boohoo:

IOW: It's way too early to call
:eusa_shhh:

And Boehner says the GOP have a 1 in 3 chance of losing the House. Not a lot of confidence coming from the Speaker. Republicans said Pelosi was the worst Speaker ever? Based on what criteria? Because I'll bet you anything Boehner is less accomplished.

It's what he has kept from being accomplished that puts him miles ahead of Nazi Pelosi.

It's what he has kept from being accomplished that puts him miles ahead of Nazi Pelosi.

Boehner is on his way out.

There will be a lot of crying in November.

I couldn't care less. As long as it isn't a wackjob like pelosi

As long as it's not a big government politician I will not care.

Presidents take credit for economic expansion and are held responsible for economic failure but for the most part, president's have little impact on the economy. They can use the office of the president to throw their support behind legislation and veto legislation but that's about it. The president submits a budget to congress, but it is congress that controls the spending not the president. The discretionary spending is only 1% of the budget.

The greatest impact on the economy is the private sector, followed by the federal reserve and congress. Yet we always hold the president responsible for the economy. I guess that's not surprising since we hold the president responsible for rising gas prices, scandals in government, failures in our educational system, illegal immigration, swine flu, and the war 1812.

If we held presidents responsible for the administration of the executive branch, which is their real job, then we just might get better results.

Presidents take credit for economic expansion and are held responsible for economic failure but for the most part, president's have little impact on the economy. They can use the office of the president to throw their support behind legislation and veto legislation but that's about it. The president submits a budget to congress, but it is congress that controls the spending not the president. The discretionary spending is only 1% of the budget.

The greatest impact on the economy is the private sector, followed by the federal reserve and congress. Yet we always hold the president responsible for the economy. I guess that's not surprising since we hold the president responsible for rising gas prices, scandals in government, failures in our educational system, illegal immigration, swine flu, and the war 1812.

If we held presidents responsible for the administration of the executive branch, which is their real job, then we just might get better results.

It's the policies that count. It's the regulations placed on businesses by the presidents departments that will cause the economy to grow or shrink.

Example like not approvaling the keystone pipeline and not more friendly to drilling.

Forum List

Back