Karl Rove "doubling-down" on his HUGE miscalculation

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Best money ever spent ;)

Karl Rove defends his $300 million disaster
Karl Rove boasted on the eve of Tuesday's election that all signs pointed towards an electoral college landslide. He was right about the result, just wrong about the candidate. And now it's up to Rove to explain to donors why, after blowing through $300 million of their money, President Obama is still President Obama and Harry Reid still runs the Senate.

Last edited:
Hey maybe Teh Rove was double crossed! That's what happens when you lay down with dogs.

But don't get all smug and cocksure, the same thing is gonna' happen to you Democrats too. Just give it time.

Hey maybe Teh Rove was double crossed! That's what happens when you lay down with dogs.

But don't get all smug and cocksure, the same thing is gonna' happen to you Democrats too. Just give it time.

Demographics don't favor that result, especially if Puerto Rico brings in 2 more Dem Senators and 4-5 Representitives. :D

Demographics don't favor that result, especially if Puerto Rico brings in 2 more Dem Senators and 4-5 Representitives. :D

I guess as long as we have a Repubilican House of Representatives, the Congressional approval might be a stumbling block. In essence, I don't believe that I have heard what it is that Puerto Rico brings to the table. Just what does America stand to gain from voting her in? My guess is more welfare recipients, more food stamp users and more "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what your country can do for you'ers".

I guess I'd sooner see Puerto Rico granted independence and no longer be a territory. What strategic advantage to we get from having her as a territory?

Last edited:

True. I heard Cook & Rothenberg at a CoC event on CSpan ystrdy talking about that possibility.

I guess as long as we have a Repubilican House of Representatives, the Congressional approval might be a stumbling block. In essence, I don't believe that I have heard what it is that Puerto Rico brings to the table. Just what does America stand to gain from voting her in? My guess is more welfare recipients, more food stamp users and more "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what your country can do for you'ers".

I guess I'd sooner see Puerto Rico granted independence and no longer be a territory. What strategic advantage to we get from having her as a territory?

Judging people by their skin color? :nono: You think all the factories, that Big Pharma has there, run themselves?

Last edited:

I don't see the Republicans blocking a request for admission. Isn't their Latino problem big enough, already? You seem to have the attitude that killed Romney this time around. It will only get worse, if you play the "blame game" instead of pushing for a settlement to the deficit crisis. Start with that and the simple perception that we're doing something instills confidence, snowballing into an actual recovery that grows the economy, providing revenues to really settle the debt.

Forum List

Back