Kansas supply-side, trickle-down, voodoo economics fails

Yet Conservatives want to do what they did in Kansas for the rest of the country. Kansas cut taxes in 2012, then saw a $900M shortfall, a couple credit downgrades, economic growth below the national average, job growth below the national average, business creation below the national average, raised tuition costs, raised excise taxes, raised co-pays and out of pocket costs for Medicaid, raided the Highway Fund, raided the welfare block grant, and had to close schools early because they didn't have money to keep them open. And they still couldn't balance their budget.

Tax cuts caused this.
/----- Kansas needs to cut spending, Einstein.
Reckless spending caused Kansas budget crisis
Brownback’s tax cuts were supposed to be the start of a new, small-government approach to growing the economy. And yet lawmakers did little to slow the growth in state spending: The state’s all-funds budget has increased by well over $1 billion since 2013.
Jeff Glendening: Reckless spending caused Kansas budget crisis
Reckless spending by activist judges played a large role.

Before Brownback Tax Cuts; KS had a good economy. After them, it didn't. Spending has no bearing on the economic affect of tax cuts. But tax cuts do reduce revenue which produces deficits. When those tax cuts are repealed, suddenly Kansas has surpluses. How come?

StarkNumbers.jpg

The majority of Kansans live on the eastern side of the state and most of them are within an hour of the borders. I don't know about all the other states but our taxes here in Missouri are lower and as a result Kansas has many residents that complain about high costs of living in Kansas as well as the sales taxes being much higher on the Kansas side.
When I work on that side I make sure I buy EVERYTHING on the Missouri side including gas.
Their taxes are not competitive in any category.

Vullshit.

I live in Kansas. I live I Eastern Kansas. I lived in KCK. but don't anymore. This fool we have for a governor made record tax cuts and fucked up the states economy. The cost of living is not higher in all of Kansas. Relative to the border he cost of living in KCK is lower than the cost in Johnson county and its cheaper to live in KCK than in KCMO.

Yet Conservatives want to do what they did in Kansas for the rest of the country. Kansas cut taxes in 2012, then saw a $900M shortfall, a couple credit downgrades, economic growth below the national average, job growth below the national average, business creation below the national average, raised tuition costs, raised excise taxes, raised co-pays and out of pocket costs for Medicaid, raided the Highway Fund, raided the welfare block grant, and had to close schools early because they didn't have money to keep them open. And they still couldn't balance their budget.

Tax cuts caused this.
Brownback’s tax cuts were supposed to be the start of a new, small-government approach to growing the economy. And yet lawmakers did little to slow the growth in state spending: The state’s all-funds budget has increased by well over $1 billion since 2013.

Garbage, Almost immediately after the first cuts the state was in trouble.

All I had to do was post the KS budget with and without the tax cuts, and you can see very plainly what caused the deficits to appear:
I'm not spending my day on your links, dumbass. I've seen them numerous times before, trolling them again changes nothing. Your charts don't explain the economy and isn't intended to be an honest assessment. You want to smear capitalism and specifically supply side economics with their budget problems. Go start another 80 threads and see if you get different results.

All I had to do was post the KS budget with and without the tax cuts, and you can see very plainly what caused the deficits to appear:
I'm not spending my day on your links, dumbass. I've seen them numerous times before, trolling them again changes nothing. Your charts don't explain the economy and isn't intended to be an honest assessment. You want to smear capitalism and specifically supply side economics with their budget problems. Go start another 80 threads and see if you get different results.

I live in Kansas and the guy is right. Period. This doesn't have anyhing to do with believing in capitalism. Tax cuts for all your rich buddies and purging the legislature of moderate republican opposition to these polcies have nothing to do with capitalism. We call this state Brownbackistan right now, thats how bad it is.

I'm not spending my day on your links, dumbass.

I didn't post links, I posted charts. You don't have to click on the charts to see them, they're right there in the thread.

I've seen them numerous times before, trolling them again changes nothing. Your charts don't explain the economy and isn't intended to be an honest assessment.

They don't? Ummm, this one does:

kansas-job-chart-process-s500x374.png

Or this one:

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-08-06%2Bat%2B9.41.51%2BAM.png

You want to smear capitalism and specifically supply side economics with their budget problems. Go start another 80 threads and see if you get different results.

Pointing out facts = smear?

I didn't post links, I posted charts. You don't have to click on the charts to see them, they're right there in the thread.

I've seen them numerous times before, trolling them again changes nothing. Your charts don't explain the economy and isn't intended to be an honest assessment.

Or this one:

You want to smear capitalism and specifically supply side economics with their budget problems. Go start another 80 threads and see if you get different results.

I live in Kansas brother, You have hit the nail right on the head.

Or this one:

..........yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwnnnnn

Not my fault you don't know what's going on in your own state, it was well documented in the other threads and I'm not going to rehash it again

All the right-wing has been able to respond with is about spending cuts. But the right wing has never tied spending cuts to economic growth. A spending cut has no affect on the economic effects of tax cuts. They are not dependent on each other. The right wing is trying to pretend they are, saying in not so many words that tax cuts only produce increased economic activity if spending is cut. This is a wide departure from their previous position which was that tax cuts pay for themselves.

Not my fault you don't know what's going on in your own state, it was well documented in the other threads and I'm not going to rehash it again

All the right-wing has been able to respond with is about spending cuts. But the right wing has never tied spending cuts to economic growth. A spending cut has no affect on the economic effects of tax cuts. They are not dependent on each other. The right wing is trying to pretend they are, saying in not so many words that tax cuts only produce increased economic activity if spending is cut. This is a wide departure from their previous position which was that tax cuts pay for themselves.

Look for the other threads....I could not care less what you think you know

..........yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwnnnnn

The problem with you guys is that you are so married to your dogma that you cannot reconcile the facts. The facts show that KS' tax cuts, the ones McConnell wants to do in DC, produced poor economic growth, massive deficits, poor job growth, credit downgrades, and excise tax increases. There is no economic data you can point to that proves any of what you believe works. Not a thing. Tax cuts create deficits, as we see in the below:

StarkNumbers.jpg

Hard to argue with math, but that hasn't stopped Conservatives before...

Actually falling energy and crop prices caused it.
you are incorrect, I am from Kansas, what the plan really was, feed the richest.

The problem with what you say is the person does know. You are the one with no clue. When you are a republican and 100 of the states leading republicans buy ads in the last gubernatorial race to try telling people to not give you another term, you know you have fucked up..

Problem is you guys change your positions so often, it's hard to pin down exactly what you are using as your argument today. The argument used to be that tax cuts would produce all this economic growth, we'd be so awash in revenues we wouldn't even need to cut spending. When that turned out to be a crock, the argument shifted that tax cuts just need time to work. When that turned out to be a crock, the argument shifted that tax cuts coupled with spending cuts would work. When that turned out to be a crock of shit, the argument shifted yet again to one of emotion; where it became about rhetoric and philosophy and not about economics at all.

So after 37 years of broken promises, why would anything you say today be credible or make sense?

Problem is you guys change your positions so often, it's hard to pin down exactly what you are using as your argument today. The argument used to be that tax cuts would produce all this economic growth, we'd be so awash in revenues we wouldn't even need to cut spending. When that turned out to be a crock, the argument shifted that tax cuts just need time to work. When that turned out to be a crock, the argument shifted that tax cuts coupled with spending cuts would work. When that turned out to be a crock of shit, the argument shifted yet again to one of emotion; where it became about rhetoric and philosophy and not about economics at all.

So after 37 years of broken promises, why would anything you say today be credible or make sense?

I haven't made an argument on tax cuts, I told you the reason Kansas is having fiscal issues. Now run along and cease annoying me

Actually falling energy and crop prices caused it.
you are incorrect, I am from Kansas, what the plan really was, feed the richest.

Why would you want to believe people who live in Kansas when you can get your info off of other threads.

Tax cuts caused this.

Garbage, Almost immediately after the first cuts the state was in trouble.
Of course you know that is not true, if you actually live here. Total revenue has changed little and GDP is up.

GDP - Kansas 2010 - 2017
Gross Domestic ProductKansas 2010-2019 - State Local Data

I haven't made an argument on tax cuts, I told you the reason Kansas is having fiscal issues. Now run along and cease annoying me

You don't know why Kansas is having fiscal issues. We were not in this position until these tax cuts.

Forum List

Back