Kansas Secretary Of State Concedes On Ballots, No Dem To Be Listed.

[QU
OTE="Seawytch, post: 9846939, member: 24452"]
He is permitted to drop out as long as he does it two months in advance. He followed the rules, the Secretary of State is the one who tried to change the rules for political reasons. Would the Secretary of State have insisted he remain on the ballot if there was only a Republican running?

he has to declare that he is unable to serve. I'm still waiting for the reason for that. Not wanting to is not the same as being "unable"

I am unable to perform the duties of the office because I don't want to

Next!

That is unwilling, not unable.

Being unwilling renders you unable. Does failing grades render you unable to perform the duties of your office?

Yes, because you need to concentrate on your schooling, thus making you unable to perform.

The dundering democrat in not unable in any way, shape, or form. He is quitting so low info dem voters don't have the chance to just "check the dem mark".

uh uh uh...not so fast. She said she could not campaign, not that she couldn't perform the duties of her office. Kobach let her quit. Know why? She was the only one running against a Republican incumbent.

She gave a reason, a valid one. We haven't heard even an invalid reason from your boy yet.

Marty wants to assign "whatever" to the person for dropping out and wants to know why.

No, Marty, no. You have don't have a right to know. Neither does the SoS. All heneeds to know is that the candidate complied with the law, which he did.

Marty, that's the end of it as far as the law and process are concerned.
So in other words, you have no interest in finding out if, in fact, our politicians are finding ways to game the game, skirt the laws they pass, and manipulate elections for their own personal gains.

Bet that would be different if the party tables were turned.

And, of course, you will lie and say "I would not car if the tables were turned"...

Got your number sparky.

Marty wants to assign "whatever" to the person for dropping out and wants to know why.

No, Marty, no. You have don't have a right to know. Neither does the SoS. All heneeds to know is that the candidate complied with the law, which he did.

So in other words, you have no interest in finding out if, in fact, our politicians are finding ways to game the game, skirt the laws they pass, and manipulate elections for their own personal gains.

And, of course, you will lie and say "I would not car if the tables were turned"...

Got your number sparky.

Why does Roberts need the vote divided in a state as solid Red as Kansas???? Why can't he just win a simple majority against 1 candidate?

Why should it even matter at all if Taylor dropped out??

Want to know why??? Because the people of Kansas DON'T LIKE ROBERTS AND WANT HIM GONE!!!

Got your number sparky.

What Jake is saying is "SHUT UP PEASANT!"

You make silly assumptions all the time.

He fulfilled the law: that's the end of it.

So what was his reason?
he has a tendency to grow hangnails. he might get the flu. he has a deathly fear of wooden desks and wouldn't be able to sit in the chamber. he says 'warshington' instead of 'washington' and he knew that would come out and he would be too embarrassed to show his face in public. he believes that his big broadway break will come this fall. he's actually a cyborg. he has a fear of gavels. he's agoraphobic. he's claustrophobic. he's actually a highlander, and so is john mccain - if they're both in the senate one will have to kill the other, since, as you know, there can be only one.

pick one. the law doesn't say he has to disclose his reason.

Whilst looking at an Anchorage "newspaper" online - checking out the story of the "reporter" who was only moonlighting from her pot business - I noted that The Democrat Party is NOT fielding a candidate for governor in Alaska.

Apparently they had one, a native American who, as Democrats would put it, "cleaned up nice" but figured he couldn't win. So they entered into a deal with a (white) Pajama-Jake type "Republican" who had turned independent and now was willing to run on a fusion ticket with their former gubernatorial candidate. So, another minority chucked under the bus by Democrats - but only part-way under. Apparently this lack of confidence on the part of Democrats verges on becoming epidemic.

Too bad; so sad......

You make silly assumptions all the time.

He fulfilled the law: that's the end of it.

So what was his reason?
he has a tendency to grow hangnails. he might get the flu. he has a deathly fear of wooden desks and wouldn't be able to sit in the chamber. he says 'warshington' instead of 'washington' and he knew that would come out and he would be too embarrassed to show his face in public. he believes that his big broadway break will come this fall. he's actually a cyborg. he has a fear of gavels. he's agoraphobic. he's claustrophobic. he's actually a highlander, and so is john mccain - if they're both in the senate one will have to kill the other, since, as you know, there can be only one.

pick one. the law doesn't say he has to disclose his reason.

Any one is still a lie. I guess you accept that from your politicians.

Or else he can say....I no longer feel like doing the job

Doesn't that make him incapable of filling the position?

He quit TWO MONTHS before the election. Time for Republicans to stop whining and start running

He's lying regardless. Again, you guys LOVE politicians who lie, you just won't admit it.

The simple fact is he is dropping out for political reasons, and none of you have the balls to admit it, especially him.

He is permitted to drop out as long as he does it two months in advance. He followed the rules, the Secretary of State is the one who tried to change the rules for political reasons. Would the Secretary of State have insisted he remain on the ballot if there was only a Republican running?

he has to declare that he is unable to serve. I'm still waiting for the reason for that. Not wanting to is not the same as being "unable"

Next!

Unwilling makes you unable

You can make the same argument against almost any reason that is given..

I am withdrawing because my wife has cancer....Well YOU are still able to perform the duties

Rejected

He's lying regardless. Again, you guys LOVE politicians who lie, you just won't admit it.

The simple fact is he is dropping out for political reasons, and none of you have the balls to admit it, especially him.

Next!

I am withdrawing because my wife has cancer....Well YOU are still able to perform the duties

Rejected

If that was the case all he had to say was "family reasons." In this case it would be a lie, a lie you would gladly accept.

Next!

Rejected

If that was the case all he had to say was "family reasons." In this case it would be a lie, a lie you would gladly accept.

He had up till two months before the election to withdraw his name.......he did

Get over it

Next!

Rejected

He had up till two months before the election to withdraw his name.......he did

Get over it

Nope, your guy is caught in a lie, and you assholes accept the lie.

A Kansas district court ruled Wednesday that the state Democratic Party does not have to name a new Senate nominee, bringing an end to the long saga that began with the withdrawal of the Democratic nominee last month and setting up a showdown between independent candidate Greg Orman and incumbent Sen. Pat Roberts (R).

The Shawnee County district court said it could dismiss the case both because the plaintiff, a registered Democratic voter, David Orel, failed to show for the oral hearing and on the merits.

Breaking Kansas Court Kills Kobach Effort To Force A Dem Onto Senate Ballot

There is no Democrat running for Governor in Alaska this trip - they know when they are licked and nobody wants to take the fall.

Did anyone in Alaska make a desperate attempt to get one on the ballot?

Actually, the Dem in the race made a deal with the independent...he's running as Lt. Gov with him and dropped out of the Gov race. Smart.

Forum List

Back