Kansas Secretary Of State Concedes On Ballots, No Dem To Be Listed.

So what was his inability to perform his duties if elected, that led him to withdraw?

The Kansas law doesn't require a "reason" he's unable to...it just requires candidates to "declare" they are incapable of serving if they’re elected. Taylor stated he's incapable of serving...he basically asks the election official "what do I put to remove my name from the ballot?" and did exactly that.

Not to mention Kobach removed "other" candidates from other races without them stating they are incapable of serving...only in those cases it benefited the GOP...hmmm.

From the get-go it was just a big gimic for Kobach to expect him not to be taken off....hence the unanimous decision from the state supreme court.

"We now know"?

:lol:

You can do better than that.

Actually I can do better than that. Thanks for helping me to become a better man:

25-3905. Vacancies after primary election filled by party committee or district convention; governor and lieutenant governor vacancies filled by state party delegate convention. (a) When a vacancy occurs after a primary election in a party candidacy, such vacancy shall be filled by the party committee of the congressional district, county or state, as the case may be, except if the vacancy is in a party candidacy for a district office or for the office of member of the state board of education, it shall be filled by district convention held as provided in K.S.A. 25-3904, and amendments thereto, or as provided in K.S.A. 25-3904a, and amendments thereto, and except as otherwise provided in subsection (c). Such convention shall be called within 10 days of receipt of the notice that the vacancy has occurred or will occur. If only one political party nominates a candidate at the primary election and thereafter a vacancy occurs in such party candidacy, any political party may fill such vacancy in the manner specified in this section.

(b) In addition to other vacancies in party candidacies to which this section applies, this section shall also apply when a vacancy occurs in an office, and it is provided by law that such vacancy shall be filled by appointment until the next general election at which time a person is to be elected to fill the unexpired term, or words of like effect, and such vacancy occurs after the primary election.​

If the race becomes too difficult for Roberts then he simply resigns and a party committee assigns a new candidate. Alternatively Roberts resigns his position immediately and Brownback appoints a new Senator, who can run as a sitting Senator.

Kris Kobach isn't called KKK Kris for nothing. Do a little research. He has been the personal atty for such slime as Joe Arpaio and Russell Pearce.

"We now know"?

Actually I can do better than that. Thanks for helping me to become a better man:

25-3905. Vacancies after primary election filled by party committee or district convention; governor and lieutenant governor vacancies filled by state party delegate convention. (a) When a vacancy occurs after a primary election in a party candidacy, such vacancy shall be filled by the party committee of the congressional district, county or state, as the case may be, except if the vacancy is in a party candidacy for a district office or for the office of member of the state board of education, it shall be filled by district convention held as provided in K.S.A. 25-3904, and amendments thereto, or as provided in K.S.A. 25-3904a, and amendments thereto, and except as otherwise provided in subsection (c). Such convention shall be called within 10 days of receipt of the notice that the vacancy has occurred or will occur. If only one political party nominates a candidate at the primary election and thereafter a vacancy occurs in such party candidacy, any political party may fill such vacancy in the manner specified in this section.

(b) In addition to other vacancies in party candidacies to which this section applies, this section shall also apply when a vacancy occurs in an office, and it is provided by law that such vacancy shall be filled by appointment until the next general election at which time a person is to be elected to fill the unexpired term, or words of like effect, and such vacancy occurs after the primary election.​

If the race becomes too difficult for Roberts then he simply resigns and a party committee assigns a new candidate. Alternatively Roberts resigns his position immediately and Brownback appoints a new Senator, who can run as a sitting Senator.

You should give them a call, and suggest your brilliant plan.

I think it'd be fucking hilarious to watch, actually. But they're not actually stupid enough to try it, it's too late in the game and Roberts doesn't strike me as the type to go quietly into the night. The party can't force him out of the race.

"We now know"?

I think it'd be fucking hilarious to watch, actually. But they're not actually stupid enough to try it, it's too late in the game and Roberts doesn't strike me as the type to go quietly into the night. The party can't force him out of the race.

This is the Republican Establishment we're talking about here, they wouldn't know a principled or intelligent position if it smacked them in the forehead. These guys went all-in for Roberts rather than allowing a primary challenge to proceed neutrally.

"We now know"?

This is the Republican Establishment we're talking about here, they wouldn't know a principled or intelligent position if it smacked them in the forehead. These guys went all-in for Roberts rather than allowing a primary challenge to proceed neutrally.

What do you mean?

Roberts won the primary.

You make silly assumptions all the time.

He fulfilled the law: that's the end of it.

So what was his reason?

Extreme mental fatigue and family issues

Satisfied?

Then he should state that, for the record. Of course he will not, because its a fucking lie. But you guys jizz over lies from your own side.

Or else he can say....I no longer feel like doing the job

Doesn't that make him incapable of filling the position?

He quit TWO MONTHS before the election. Time for Republicans to stop whining and start running

So what was his reason?

Satisfied?

Then he should state that, for the record. Of course he will not, because its a fucking lie. But you guys jizz over lies from your own side.

He quit TWO MONTHS before the election. Time for Republicans to stop whining and start running

He's lying regardless. Again, you guys LOVE politicians who lie, you just won't admit it.

The simple fact is he is dropping out for political reasons, and none of you have the balls to admit it, especially him.

So what was his reason?

Satisfied?

He's lying regardless. Again, you guys LOVE politicians who lie, you just won't admit it.

The simple fact is he is dropping out for political reasons, and none of you have the balls to admit it, especially him.

He is permitted to drop out as long as he does it two months in advance. He followed the rules, the Secretary of State is the one who tried to change the rules for political reasons. Would the Secretary of State have insisted he remain on the ballot if there was only a Republican running?

So what was his reason?

Satisfied?

He is permitted to drop out as long as he does it two months in advance. He followed the rules, the Secretary of State is the one who tried to change the rules for political reasons. Would the Secretary of State have insisted he remain on the ballot if there was only a Republican running?

he has to declare that he is unable to serve. I'm still waiting for the reason for that. Not wanting to is not the same as being "unable"

So what was his reason?

Satisfied?

Why? It's private. The law doesn't state he has to give the reason, just declare that he cannot perform the duties. Kobach let a candidate leave a race because her grades would suffer. That doesn't render her unable to do the job, it just made it difficult to run for office. The Democrat dropped out for political reasons. Perfectly legitimate and legal. The Republican SOS of Kansas tried to stop him for political reasons. The difference is that the elected SOS is supposed to represent his state in a non partisan manner. This is the person in charge of VOTING for the state. He fucked up and got his ass handed to him in court.

Satisfied?

he has to declare that he is unable to serve. I'm still waiting for the reason for that. Not wanting to is not the same as being "unable"

I am unable to perform the duties of the office because I don't want to

Next!

So what was his reason?

Satisfied?

Why? It's private. The law doesn't state he has to give the reason, just declare that he cannot perform the duties. Kobach let a candidate leave a race because her grades would suffer. That doesn't render her unable to do the job, it just made it difficult to run for office. The Democrat dropped out for political reasons. Perfectly legitimate and legal. The Republican SOS of Kansas tried to stop him for political reasons. The difference is that the elected SOS is supposed to represent his state in a non partisan manner. This is the person in charge of VOTING for the state. He fucked up and got his ass handed to him in court.

Wanting someone else to win is not being "unable to perform"
The statue clearly states that as a reason (besides death) to get your name off the ballot.

Also, once you put your name up for election, and the law says you have to declare you are unable to perform, privacy goes out the window.

The simple fact is that if he DID declare he is unable to perform, he would by LYING. Of course, since his one of yours, you are OK with that.

Next!

That is unwilling, not unable.

Next!

Being unwilling renders you unable. Does failing grades render you unable to perform the duties of your office?

Next!

Being unwilling renders you unable. Does failing grades render you unable to perform the duties of your office?

Yes, because you need to concentrate on your schooling, thus making you unable to perform.

The dundering democrat in not unable in any way, shape, or form. He is quitting so low info dem voters don't have the chance to just "check the dem mark".

[QU
OTE="Seawytch, post: 9846939, member: 24452"]

Next!

Yes, because you need to concentrate on your schooling, thus making you unable to perform.

The dundering democrat in not unable in any way, shape, or form. He is quitting so low info dem voters don't have the chance to just "check the dem mark".

uh uh uh...not so fast. She said she could not campaign, not that she couldn't perform the duties of her office. Kobach let her quit. Know why? She was the only one running against a Republican incumbent.

Forum List

Back