Kansas prosecutor who framed innocent man surrenders law license, will soon be disbarred

How so? The man lost 23yrs of his life.
Yeah, he did, but would you not agree that 12 million means he’s in a better situation now?

If you disagree then, I guess I don’t know what else to say…”gee, it sucks that I lost all that time in my life, and even worse is now I have 12 million dollars..”

I don’t think loosing 20+ years of freedom is working out well in the end for anyone.
Did you read what i said? I said the lost time was bad, but the TWELVE MILLION DOLLARS is how it worked out in the end.

Are you suggesting this fellow is upset at how this all ended up? That he’s upset that he’s a multi millionaire?

Did you read what i said? I said the lost time was bad, but the TWELVE MILLION DOLLARS is how it worked out in the end.

Are you suggesting this fellow is upset at how this all ended up? That he’s upset that he’s a multi millionaire?
I am sure he is upset because it cost him 20+ years of his freedom. How long would you be willing to go to jail for some money? What is the price tag you place on your freedom?

I am sure he is upset because it cost him 20+ years of his freedom. How long would you be willing to go to jail for some money? What is the price tag you place on your freedom?
lol…I don’t think you all get what I’m saying..at all.

I KNOW it was bad that he lost his freedom…but in the end…in HINDSIGHT, he came out of it on top…

lol…I don’t think you all get what I’m saying..at all.

I KNOW it was bad that he lost his freedom…but in the end…in HINDSIGHT, he came out of it on top…
I understand exactly what you are saying at it’s stupid as fuck. No he didn’t come out on top he lost 20+ years of his life for a crime he did not do.

I understand exactly what you are saying at it’s stupid as fuck. No he didn’t come out on top he lost 20+ years of his life for a crime he did not do.
lol, you know, I tried to concede to supabadbrutha but you all want to keep arguing so..since that’s what we’re here to do, I’ll take back my concession.

You’re absolutely right…the 12 million payoff at the end was a horrible thing and they should just take it away from him..since..in your opinion, it wasn’t a good outcome…

Sheesh..

lol, you know, I tried to concede to supabadbrutha but you all want to keep arguing so..since that’s what we’re here to do, I’ll take back my concession.

You’re absolutely right…the 12 million payoff at the end was a horrible thing and they should just take it away from him..since..in your opinion, it wasn’t a good outcome…

Sheesh..
Or you could be honest and admit it was not a good outcome because the loss of his freedom over a crime he didn’t commit can not be made up for by tossing a little cash his way.

It’s the demafasict like Joey Xiden that use it

The gop passed the first step act to help address the Joey Xiden two tier law
Most folks are in state prisons, the 1st step act does nothing for them and more black folks were incarcerated under Trump.

You are just regurgitating the same old talking points. I gave you a whole list of things black folks have accomplished under Democrats in the last 60yrs and all you come with is a couple of weak policies.

Yeah, he did, but would you not agree that 12 million means he’s in a better situation now?

If you disagree then, I guess I don’t know what else to say…”gee, it sucks that I lost all that time in my life, and even worse is now I have 12 million dollars..”
Tell you what, when you lose 23yrs of your life come back and tell us how much money will bring them back.

Or you could be honest and admit it was not a good outcome because the loss of his freedom over a crime he didn’t commit can not be made up for by tossing a little cash his way.
I did admit it was not a good thing that he got convicted for a crime he didn’t commit…I never said otherwise…I simply said that at the end, the 12 million was a good outcome. And I’m sorry..12 million isn’t “a little money”

But you can’t accept that point of view so the only thing I can deduce is that you disagree with the payout..since you repeatedly keep arguing that it wasn’t a good outcome

Terra Morehead, who retired as a federal prosecutor last August, has agreed to turn over her law license as part of an agreement with a Kansas disciplinary board. As a Wyandotte County prosecutor in the 1990s, Morehead helped KCKPD Detective Roger Golubski frame an innocent man who spent 23 years in prison.​

Terra Morehead, a longtime county and federal prosecutor who helped police frame at least one innocent man, has agreed to surrender her law license and faces disbarment.

Morehead, who became notorious for skirting legal protections for defendants, agreed to surrender her license as part of an agreement with the Kansas Board for Discipline of Attorneys. She is awaiting disbarment from the Kansas Supreme Court, according to court filings.

The documents also show that Morehead, who retired from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Kansas last August, was the subject of a federal investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice. The result of that probe is unknown.

Morehead’s conduct came under scrutiny during the exoneration of Lamonte McIntyre, who was convicted in 1994 of a double homicide when he was 17.

McIntyre was freed in 2017 after Wyandotte County District Attorney Mark Dupree said his conviction was a “manifest injustice” and a judge dropped the case. McIntyre sued and was awarded $12.5 million in 2022 by the Unified Government of Kansas City, Kansas, and Wyandotte County for the wrongful conviction.

Acting on a case built by disgraced former Kansas City, Kansas Police detective Roger Golubski, Morehead presented no physical evidence tying McIntyre to the murders. She relied upon the testimony of a witness, Niko Quinn, who later recanted.

Quinn said Morehead threatened to throw her in jail and take her children if she didn’t lie about what she saw the day of the double homicide. Morehead also failed to disclose that she had a past romantic relationship with the judge on the case.

How many other black men are sitting in prison that were falsely convicted by this trash.

You have some of these Trump Humpers whining about a damn two-tier system, we see exactly who is receiving the injustice in this system.
You mean Pubbies don't KNOW that Dems have been KKKorrupt since FOREVA!!!? Yet you still vote DemoKKKrat..........you're NUTS!!!

Greg

Tell you what, when you lose 23yrs of your life come back and tell us how much money will bring them back.

You’re right, I fully agree with you, the 12 million is simply a bad thing and they should take it away from him immediately!!

I did admit it was not a good thing that he got convicted for a crime he didn’t commit…I never said otherwise…I simply said that at the end, the 12 million was a good outcome. And I’m sorry..12 million isn’t “a little money”

But you can’t accept that point of view so the only thing I can deduce is that you disagree with the payout..since you repeatedly keep arguing that it wasn’t a good outcome
You can make whatever conclusion you want. It was not a good outcome because of what one had to go through to reach it.

How many years did they spend in prison?
Wasn't for want of trying. So you are miffed that Dems were more successful at putting a Black chap in Jail and were NOT successful in putting three whites in jail?

I'm with you on the Black guy; but then you lost me.

Greg

Most folks are in state prisons, the 1st step act does nothing for them and more black folks were incarcerated under Trump.

You are just regurgitating the same old talking points. I gave you a whole list of things black folks have accomplished under Democrats in the last 60yrs and all you come with is a couple of weak policies.
You really are one of the most clueless posters on this board, Super! Joe Biden wrote the Senate version of the Clinton Crime Bill...legislation that put more black people in Federal Prisons than any other piece of legislation EVER...yet your dumb black ass is going to vote for THAT guy not once but twice?

Forum List

Back