Kansas City voters OVERWHELMINGLY vote to rename MLK Dr back to original name

This is great news. His name on street signs should be erased all across America along with his statue torn down in D.C..

This is great news. His name on street signs should be erased all across America along with his statue torn down in D.C..
Why?
MLK was a disreputable degenerate.

We have had A LOT of leaders in America that were, on a personal level, degenerate, power craven individuals. I can think of a lot of leaders we venerate that were not stand up people.

Why not watch this and learn something.

This is a unicorn thread. Conservative Trump supporters saying racist things!?! I haven't seen anything like it since about 10 seconds ago.

Yet they didn't change it for the same reason the racists in this thread are championing. They changed it because of the history of the boulevard. It has only been MLK Jr. Boulevard for ten months now. Sorry to the OP. The people of Kansas City don't share your hatred.

Why?
MLK was a disreputable degenerate.

We have had A LOT of leaders in America that were, on a personal level, degenerate, power craven individuals. I can think of a lot of leaders we venerate that were not stand up people.

Why not watch this and learn something.

George Washington was a creator of this nation. King was a plagiarist.

Property value I guess;

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Kansas City voters on Tuesday overwhelmingly approved removing Dr. Martin Luther King's name from one of the city's most historic boulevards, less than a year after the city council decided to rename The Paseo for the civil rights icon.

Unofficial results vote showed the proposal to remove King's name received nearly 70% of the vote, with just over 30% voting to retain King's name.

Kansas City votes to remove King's name from historic street

It will be interesting to see what the "Majority vote" supports have to say about this.

Property value I guess;

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Kansas City voters on Tuesday overwhelmingly approved removing Dr. Martin Luther King's name from one of the city's most historic boulevards, less than a year after the city council decided to rename The Paseo for the civil rights icon.

Unofficial results vote showed the proposal to remove King's name received nearly 70% of the vote, with just over 30% voting to retain King's name.

Kansas City votes to remove King's name from historic street
That article is typical liberal crap. The Paseo isn’t just a street. It’s a historical area of town that really is the culture center and has been that way before Missouri was even a state.

Nobody cares if the rename a street after King. Hell we have one named after that moron Emanuel Cleaver, maybe they should give that one to King. The gripe was the street they chose and how it was done. There was no vote, no public input and no call for it to be done. It was a political stunt.

It would be like the NY city council just deciding one night to rename Broadway.

Pick a different street and do it the right way.

Forum List

Back