Jut how clean...

Wildman

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2013
this Side of Heaven
is "Clean Debate Zone" supposed to be ?

i "monitor" this forum almost daily, and i read some pretty disgusting replies from some of the participants, which is, in my OPINION is NOT very "clean". :up:

what's the deal mods ?

regards,
WM

Check the ratio of CDZ to Politics participants. If a three digit IQ was required, this forum would be a ghost town.

i "monitor" this forum almost daily, and i read some pretty disgusting replies from some of the participants, which is, in my OPINION is NOT very "clean". :up:

what's the deal mods ?

regards,
WM

When the same issue came up a few months ago, the moderator explanation is that sarcasm, hyperbole, and abuse are allowed regarding concepts and ideas; only individual posters have any privilege here. So I can say that fans of Austrian economists should not be allowed around furry forest animals with impunity, but I cannot use such language with regard to a particular poster, even if it were true.

Personally, I would prefer to avoid name-calling in all fora, but if that were enforced, I doubt there would be any posters. My suggestion is to follow posters you think make thoughtful posts you might be interested in. Most threads in any forum are not worth the effort of reading if you try to plow through every post. And of course there is the "ignore" function.

what's the deal mods ?

regards,
WM

When the same issue came up a few months ago, the moderator explanation is that sarcasm, hyperbole, and abuse are allowed regarding concepts and ideas; only individual posters have any privilege here. So I can say that fans of Austrian economists should not be allowed around furry forest animals with impunity, but I cannot use such language with regard to a particular poster, even if it were true.

Personally, I would prefer to avoid name-calling in all fora, but if that were enforced, I doubt there would be any posters. My suggestion is to follow posters you think make thoughtful posts you might be interested in. Most threads in any forum are not worth the effort of reading if you try to plow through every post. And of course there is the "ignore" function.

thank you for your explanation, makes sense.........., kinda :up:

Forum List

Back