AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie

I've been wanting to watch this show for a while, but I never got around to it. All I knew about the show is that it was based on something written by Elmore Leonard who wrote the book that Tarantino turned into Jackie Brown, which is my favorite Tarantino movie followed by Hateful 8.

Someone warned me that season 1 would be slow, but the show supposedly gets much better after that. Season 1 did have its slow moments, but it kept me interested enough to keep watching. The first two episodes were great. After that, every other episode was pretty good. The finale was an 8/10.

I actually thought that Walter Goggins (Vice Principals and Hateful 8) was the main character, but it turns out he isn't. I did like the finale and how it sets up the next season. I give season 1 a 7.5/10, but I think the show will get better.

I've been wanting to watch this show for a while, but I never got around to it. All I knew about the show is that it was based on something written by Elmore Leonard who wrote the book that Tarantino turned into Jackie Brown, which is my favorite Tarantino movie followed by Hateful 8.

Someone warned me that season 1 would be slow, but the show supposedly gets much better after that. Season 1 did have its slow moments, but it kept me interested enough to keep watching. The first two episodes were great. After that, every other episode was pretty good. The finale was an 8/10.

I actually thought that Walter Goggins (Vice Principals and Hateful 8) was the main character, but it turns out he isn't. I did like the finale and how it sets up the next season. I give season 1 a 7.5/10, but I think the show will get better.

I loved the movie "Jackie Brown" and I developed a crush on Pam Greer..........she was sooooo fucking hot in that movie.

I loved the movie "Jackie Brown" and I developed a crush on Pam Greer..........she was sooooo fucking hot in that movie.

I definitely loved the dialogue and acting in Jackie Brown, especially by Michael Keaton lol.

I definitely loved the dialogue and acting in Jackie Brown, especially by Michael Keaton lol.

The sound track was greatness as well. Strawberry Letter 23 by the Brothers Johnson was perfect for the scene it was used in.

his name is Walton Goggins...just sayin.....

Justified was my favorite show until I watched Breaking Bad. So my second favorite now, the writing is what makes it so good. The type casting and acting is top notch too but it's very unpredictable and keeps you comin' back.

Justified was my favorite show until I watched Breaking Bad. So my second favorite now, the writing is what makes it so good. The type casting and acting is top notch too but it's very unpredictable and keeps you comin' back.
Agreed. Both are great. Season 2 of Justified was very memorable. Margo Martindale earned her Emmy in that one.

Other favorite shows are American Horror Story, Fargo and Orphan Black.

Other favorite shows are American Horror Story, Fargo and Orphan Black.
Fargo was great, I haven't seen American Horror Story and couldn't get with Orphan Black for some reason. Maybe didn't hang in there long enough.
American Horror Story is an anthology, so it changes every season.

Agreed on Orphan Black. It took me twice to get into it but by the third or fourth episode I started seeing how amazing Tatiana Maslany was as an actress.

Actually, the characters are really good....but the stories are crap. They had planned on killing Boyd Crowder off in the 1st episode of the season....but the test audiences really liked him so they wrote him back into the story....then never did anything with him.....the writing was just bad a waste of really good characters.

There are moments that are great.....but over all, I watched the show hoping they would give Givens something to do.....

The problem is this...he is a Federal Marshal, not a cop, so his interactions with the local criminals is off....they don't know how to get Givens in a position to actually engage Crowder, since that isn't what his job is. ....

Crowder, he is a great character, with nothing interesting to do......totally wasted......

A show with great potential, but they never get there.

There is a great scene between the smarmy D.A. and the wife of a dead crime boss....that was a great scene, and it showed that Mary Steenburgen, the actress, is really talented.....and then.....they waste her.........

Spoiler....

For example...in the final season they have a set up with a group of former soldiers working for the out of town crime boss......they build these guys up.....and right near the end of the season....they get rid of the leader of the group...so now, they don't have the bad guy they need for the epic shoot out at the end of the season...so the last 2-3 episodes they just bring in a gun slinger guy....and then use him...it was reallyl poor writing......it was awkward and not good.

I thought Boyd Crowder was a great asset to the show. There was always tension between him and Givens, sort of a mutual respect with Givens always getting the upper hand. And all his dealings with the local hoods.

You can't expect cop shows to be accurate in law, this comes from Hollywood. It's just a TV show.

There is a great scene between the smarmy D.A. and the wife of a dead crime boss....that was a great scene, and it showed that Mary Steenburgen, the actress, is really talented.....and then.....they waste her.........

Spoiler....

For example...in the final season they have a set up with a group of former soldiers working for the out of town crime boss......they build these guys up.....and right near the end of the season....they get rid of the leader of the group...so now, they don't have the bad guy they need for the epic shoot out at the end of the season...so the last 2-3 episodes they just bring in a gun slinger guy....and then use him...it was reallyl poor writing......it was awkward and not good.
Exactly why I liked the show, it was not predictable.

I love this show. Probably my all time favorite. I miss it!

Spoiler....

And yet nothing happened. I remember the one season when the crowder cousins came to town, they had this Cajun guy who came with them......they seemed to be building him up to be a major bad guy, and then.....they just killed him......and then the guy who killed him, has the "moment" with Givens, where they are facing each other down.....and he gets killed too.....but in a pretty dumb way.....

LIke I said, this show had some really good moments...but the rest of the show had no where to go, and not much to do.....Crowder...was wasted........Givens was wasted......

Spoiler....

And yet nothing happened. I remember the one season when the crowder cousins came to town, they had this Cajun guy who came with them......they seemed to be building him up to be a major bad guy, and then.....they just killed him......and then the guy who killed him, has the "moment" with Givens, where they are facing each other down.....and he gets killed too.....but in a pretty dumb way.....

LIke I said, this show had some really good moments...but the rest of the show had no where to go, and not much to do.....Crowder...was wasted........Givens was wasted......
You seem to be geared up for the big epic showdown gunslinger shows. They did have that but it isn't life like. Doing it show after show would have taken away from it. I liked the unpredictability because life is like that, same with Breaking Bad.

Spoiler....

Yeah, the show has started to feel a bit formulaic to me. I still like it, but I'm taking a break from it to catch up on Game of Thrones.

Spoiler....

You seem to be geared up for the big epic showdown gunslinger shows. They did have that but it isn't life like. Doing it show after show would have taken away from it. I liked the unpredictability because life is like that, same with Breaking Bad.

No...it isn't that......the stories were just weak.....they weren't focused, and Crowder was really a peripheral character in just about all of them. The activities that went on...really had no reason for Givens to be involved in them....it wasn't his jurisdiction....as a U.S. marshal.

Forum List

Back