Justice is Not For Sale Act

Try again.

Why, you have yet to prove anything?

Sure, I did. AND as an extra bennie, I also proved that you are pretty free with other people's money.

Really, it costs more to keep a prisoner in a government run facility, keeping them in private prisons saves everyone's money. Carry on.

No. It doesn't. But any time your ready to try to back up your BS, I will be ready to read it. You don't have that.

Ok, for the sake of argument that the cost per prisoner are exactly the same. Private facilities pay local property taxes where State and federal facilities don't. Here's one example:

Supporters of the prison say that since 2005, the direct local economic impact from the NEOCC has exceeded $180 million.

The prison has an annual payroll of $20 million and generates more than $1.9 million in annual property taxes, $1.3 million that benefits Youngstown City Schools.

Federal contract with Youngstown private prison ends on May 31

Why do you hate school kids?

What ever did Youngstown do before the 2004 contract? The contracts last about 4 years but up to ten. Federal prisoners are paid a per diem rate. The cost of the prisoners are not the same. The private prisons do not take in the ones with the health problems and they by and large don't take in the most violent. Those are held by the state. And..........they still can't get that shit right. Why do you hate tax payers?

Why, you have yet to prove anything?

Sure, I did. AND as an extra bennie, I also proved that you are pretty free with other people's money.

Really, it costs more to keep a prisoner in a government run facility, keeping them in private prisons saves everyone's money. Carry on.

No. It doesn't. But any time your ready to try to back up your BS, I will be ready to read it. You don't have that.

Ok, for the sake of argument that the cost per prisoner are exactly the same. Private facilities pay local property taxes where State and federal facilities don't. Here's one example:

Supporters of the prison say that since 2005, the direct local economic impact from the NEOCC has exceeded $180 million.

The prison has an annual payroll of $20 million and generates more than $1.9 million in annual property taxes, $1.3 million that benefits Youngstown City Schools.

What ever did Youngstown do before the 2004 contract? The contracts last about 4 years but up to ten. Federal prisoners are paid a per diem rate. The cost of the prisoners are not the same. The private prisons do not take in the ones with the health problems and they by and large don't take in the most violent. Those are held by the state. And..........they still can't get that shit right. Why do you hate tax payers?

That prison has 2,100 beds, the feds only contracted for 600, they will continue like the did before they got the contract and will continue to pay taxes to support the local community. That's money other taxpayers don't have to come up with. Seems you're the one who hates taxpayers.

That prison has 2,100 beds, the feds only contracted for 600, they will continue like the did before they got the contract and will continue to pay taxes to support the local community. That's money other taxpayers don't have to come up with. Seems you're the one who hates taxpayers.

Nah, that's your job. Try again.And I think that your article said they were holding about 1500.

Either way, given the shift in public prisons there is room for them to be taken there. I don't believe that the contracts specify a number.

Private prisons are unnecessary and not cost effective. Waste of tax payer money.

Nah, that's your job. Try again.And I think that your article said they were holding about 1500.

From the article:

The prison, which currently holds 2,100 prisoners, lost a contract with the Federal Bureau of Prisons to house federal inmates.

Guess your line of work ain't think'n either.

From the article:

The prison, which currently holds 2,100 prisoners, lost a contract with the Federal Bureau of Prisons to house federal inmates.

CLEVELAND, Ohio – The federal Bureau of Prisons decided Monday not to renew its contract with the Northeast Ohio Correctional Center, a privately owned prison in Youngstown.

The prison houses about 1,400 federal inmates and 580 detainees for the U.S. Marshals Service. It also employs more than 400 people, according to a release from its owner, Corrections Corporation of America of Nashville.

It will stop housing prison inmates at the end of May, when the current contract expires. The facility will continue to house detainees for the U.S. Marshals, according to CCA.

The $792.3 million contract with the Bureau of Prisons instead went to Moshannon Valley Correctional Center in Philipsburg, Pennsylvania, and Great Plains Correctional Facility in Hinton, Oklahoma. Both are owned by The GEO Group Inc., a Boca Raton, Florida-based company.

Chris Burke, a Bureau of Prisons spokesman, did not say why the agency did not renew CCA's contract. He also said he did not know the timetable for moving inmates.

The contract lasts for at least four years but has the potential to last 10 years, according to the bid solicitation.
Private prison in Youngstown to stop housing inmates in May after losing federal contract

From the article:

CLEVELAND, Ohio – The federal Bureau of Prisons decided Monday not to renew its contract with the Northeast Ohio Correctional Center, a privately owned prison in Youngstown.

The prison houses about 1,400 federal inmates and 580 detainees for the U.S. Marshals Service. It also employs more than 400 people, according to a release from its owner, Corrections Corporation of America of Nashville.

It will stop housing prison inmates at the end of May, when the current contract expires. The facility will continue to house detainees for the U.S. Marshals, according to CCA.

The $792.3 million contract with the Bureau of Prisons instead went to Moshannon Valley Correctional Center in Philipsburg, Pennsylvania, and Great Plains Correctional Facility in Hinton, Oklahoma. Both are owned by The GEO Group Inc., a Boca Raton, Florida-based company.

Chris Burke, a Bureau of Prisons spokesman, did not say why the agency did not renew CCA's contract. He also said he did not know the timetable for moving inmates.

The contract lasts for at least four years but has the potential to last 10 years, according to the bid solicitation.
Private prison in Youngstown to stop housing inmates in May after losing federal contract

Hey dipstick, that wasn't the article I posted as you MISTAKENLY stated. Thought you'd slip in a ringer, how dishonest can you get..........................never mind, you're a commiecrat, honesty is a foreign concept to you folks.

From the article:

Hey dipstick, that wasn't the article I posted as you MISTAKENLY stated. Thought you'd slip in a ringer, how dishonest can you get..........................never mind, you're a commiecrat, honesty is a foreign concept to you folks.

I provided a link. Quit your crying and realize that you lost your ass over here on this thread and go back to your fucking sandbox.

Forum List

Back