Just what we need: another class warfare speech

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
April 30, 2012 2:15pm
518 Comments
Ahead of May Day, Obama delivers class warfare byCharlie Spiering Commentary Staff Writer
Share on email Share on print
Follow on Twitter:

President Barack Obama speaks at the Building and Construction Trades Department Legislative Conference, Monday, April 30, 2012, in Washington. (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais)
In advance of a major Occupy rally planned for Tuesday, President Obama delivered a speech this morning filled with class warfare rhetoric.

The president warned union members that Republicans would rather give "rich folks" more tax breaks, than invest in the American worker.

"Republicans in Congress would rather put fewer of you to work rebuilding America than ask millionaires and billionaires to live without massive new tax cuts on top of the ones they’ve already gotten," Obama declared in a speech to to construction union members at the Hilton hotel in Washington.

Obama added that Republicans' economic plan depended on tax cuts for the rich and "dismantling your unions."
Ahead of May Day, Obama delivers class warfare | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

GWB and the tax payer saved the UAW right by there selves
And Obama claims the GOP is dismantling unions

I just do not understand what any-one person sees in this man any-more people
I really do not

518 Comments
Ahead of May Day, Obama delivers class warfare byCharlie Spiering Commentary Staff Writer
Follow on Twitter:

President Barack Obama speaks at the Building and Construction Trades Department Legislative Conference, Monday, April 30, 2012, in Washington. (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais)
In advance of a major Occupy rally planned for Tuesday, President Obama delivered a speech this morning filled with class warfare rhetoric.

The president warned union members that Republicans would rather give "rich folks" more tax breaks, than invest in the American worker.

"Republicans in Congress would rather put fewer of you to work rebuilding America than ask millionaires and billionaires to live without massive new tax cuts on top of the ones they’ve already gotten," Obama declared in a speech to to construction union members at the Hilton hotel in Washington.

Obama added that Republicans' economic plan depended on tax cuts for the rich and "dismantling your unions."
Ahead of May Day, Obama delivers class warfare | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

I really do not

So the GOP is not actively and legislatively anti-union? News to me, they would ban them outright if that darned constitution was not in the way.

518 Comments
Follow on Twitter:

I really do not

So the GOP is not actively and legislatively anti-union? News to me, they would ban them outright if that darned constitution was not in the way.

name one event in which the GOP has went after the unions?
Why make this stuff up?
Unions have destroyed them selves and the only politician that has done any-thing for the unions in my life-time was GWB
He saved the UAW after congress told him not to

Damn dude talk about having it up side down

518 Comments
Follow on Twitter:

I really do not

Why make this stuff up?
Unions have destroyed them selves and the only politician that has done any-thing for the unions in my life-time was GWB

Have you been asleep the last 30 years? Ask ALEC about the numerous union busting bills that have passed through the states. Chip, chip, chipping away a little at a time.

Why make this stuff up?

Have you been asleep the last 30 years? Ask ALEC about the numerous union busting bills that have passed through the states. Chip, chip, chipping away a little at a time.

Lets see if you can link to one as a place to start
And who is ALEC?
One more thing
I am a huger supporter of the trade unions such as the Pipe fitters, carpenters, etc...
They can get out of hand with the rhetoric, but for unions have it pretty close to the way they should operate

The Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest five percent of Americans cost the U.S. Treasury $11.6 million every hour, according to the National Priorities Project. Between 2001 and the current projected end of the Bush tax cut extension, tax cuts for the wealthiest 5 percent will cost the U.S. Treasury $1.184 trillion. If extended through 2021 as gop lawmakers propose, the total cost will exceed $3.2 trillion.

6a00d83452403c69e20133eca1fa97970b-pi

The Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest five percent of Americans cost the U.S. Treasury $11.6 million every hour, according to the National Priorities Project. Between 2001 and the current projected end of the Bush tax cut extension, tax cuts for the wealthiest 5 percent will cost the U.S. Treasury $1.184 trillion. If extended through 2021 as gop lawmakers propose, the total cost will exceed $3.2 trillion.

My god when will you liberals stop with that lie?
I hate to use the word lie, but dammit STOP
Deficit 2007 with 2 wars wide open and 5% UE
163 billion
2007 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
where do you get these opinions?

By 2003, Mr. Bush grasped this lesson. In that year, he cut the dividend and capital gains rates to 15 percent each, and the economy responded. In two years, stocks rose 20 percent. In three years, $15 trillion of new wealth was created. The U.S. economy added 8 million new jobs from mid-2003 to early 2007, and the median household increased its wealth by $20,000 in real terms.

But the real jolt for tax-cutting opponents was that the 03 Bush tax cuts also generated a massive increase in federal tax receipts. From 2004 to 2007, federal tax revenues increased by $785 billion, the largest four-year increase in American history. According to the Treasury Department, individual and corporate income tax receipts were up 40 percent in the three years following the Bush tax cuts. And (bonus) the rich paid an even higher percentage of the total tax burden than they had at any time in at least the previous 40 years. This was news to theNew York Times, whose astonished editorial board could only describe the gains as a “surprise windfall.”
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4sGbDw&usg=AFQjCNHfkNu3iIrTSIlO8wLJwC6f2C8ajA

Why make this stuff up?

Lets see if you can link to one as a place to start
And who is ALEC?
One more thing
I am a huger supporter of the trade unions such as the Pipe fitters, carpenters, etc...
They can get out of hand with the rhetoric, but for unions have it pretty close to the way they should operate

Don't ask me ask who ALEC is, ask google, and while you are at it google "anti-union legislation", Republicans attack labor rights for the sheer joy of it.

163 billion

By 2003, Mr. Bush grasped this lesson. In that year, he cut the dividend and capital gains rates to 15 percent each, and the economy responded. In two years, stocks rose 20 percent. In three years, $15 trillion of new wealth was created. The U.S. economy added 8 million new jobs from mid-2003 to early 2007, and the median household increased its wealth by $20,000 in real terms.

But the real jolt for tax-cutting opponents was that the 03 Bush tax cuts also generated a massive increase in federal tax receipts. From 2004 to 2007, federal tax revenues increased by $785 billion, the largest four-year increase in American history. According to the Treasury Department, individual and corporate income tax receipts were up 40 percent in the three years following the Bush tax cuts. And (bonus) the rich paid an even higher percentage of the total tax burden than they had at any time in at least the previous 40 years. This was news to theNew York Times, whose astonished editorial board could only describe the gains as a “surprise windfall.”
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4sGbDw&usg=AFQjCNHfkNu3iIrTSIlO8wLJwC6f2C8ajA

40,000 U.S. manufacturing plants closed between 2001 and 2008 | Alliance for American Manufacturing

2.4 million jobs lost due to China from 2001-2008

We know where the jobs went and when. Who do you think you are talking to? Republicans?

US Chamber of Commerce recently sponsored an event that instructed US firms how to outsource jobs to China alongside the “Chinese” branch of the American Chamber of Commerce, AmCham.

bchinab.jpg

WHY DO YOU THINK THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE GIVES TO REPUBLICANS 9 TO 1 OVER DEMOCRATS???????????????

US Chamber of Commerce lobbyist moderated panel on outsourcing American jobs: report

so when it comes to unions libtards are no longer "pro choice" do we have that right??

h y p o c r i s y

163 billion

40,000 U.S. manufacturing plants closed between 2001 and 2008 | Alliance for American Manufacturing

We know where the jobs went and when. Who do you think you are talking to? Republicans?

US Chamber of Commerce recently sponsored an event that instructed US firms how to outsource jobs to China alongside the “Chinese” branch of the American Chamber of Commerce, AmCham.

bchinab.jpg

WHY DO YOU THINK THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE GIVES TO REPUBLICANS 9 TO 1 OVER DEMOCRATS???????????????

US Chamber of Commerce lobbyist moderated panel on outsourcing American jobs: report

My god you liberals have become so desperate and so confused
JOBS? My god this spin never stops
same people, same spin
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt

2000...... 131,785 110,995 24,649 599 6,787 17,263
2001...... 131,826 110,708 23,873 606 6,826 16,441
2002...... 130,341 108,828 22,557 583 6,716 15,259
2003...... 129,999 108,416 21,816 572 6,735 14,509
2004...... 131,435 109,814 21,882 591 6,976 14,315
2005...... 133,703 111,899 22,190 628 7,336 14,227
2006...... 136,086 114,113 22,530 684 7,691 14,155
2007...... 137,598 115,380 22,233 724 7,630 13,879
2008...... 136,790 114,281 21,335 767 7,162 13,406
2009...... 130,807 108,252 18,558 694 6,016 11,847

2010...... 129,874 107,384 17,751 705 5,518 11,528
2011...... 131,359 109,254 18,021 784 5,504 11,733
Now there is no 8 million jobs lost any where here in any sector
HOLY SHOT STOP THIS LYING

518 Comments
Follow on Twitter:

In advance of a major Occupy rally planned for Tuesday, President Obama delivered a speech this morning filled with class warfare rhetoric.The president warned union members that Republicans would rather give "rich folks" more tax breaks, than invest in the American worker.
I see so according to you Obama is a class warefarists for not supporting GOP policies that increase taxes on the poor in order to decrease them on the rich or their polices of giving billionaires millions in tax cuts at the expensive of infrastrcutre

I see so according to you Republicans dismantling Indianan in Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan. Florida, Ohio, in the FAA, in transportation, Every southern state, almost ewest midmidwest state, Arizona isn't really dismantling of unions
like always you sound like a retard

I see so if you cherry pick only the good years of the Bush administration you can make it look like the economy did well.
Under Bush there were zero net jobs created, poverty increased by 20%, income and wealth decline for 90% of Americans.
Furthermore jobs created due to the housing bubble were never permanently jobs
But the real jolt for tax-cutting opponents was that the 03 Bush tax cuts also generated a massive increase in federal tax receipts. From 2004 to 2007, federal tax revenues increased by $785 billion, the largest four-year increase in American history. According to the Treasury Department, individual and corporate income tax receipts were up 40 percent in the three years following the Bush tax cuts.

ROTFL. Nice cherry picking dumbass
After the Bush tax cuts it took 6years of inflation and GDP growth before tax revenue surpassed 2000 levels. And tax revenue as a percentage of GDP fell by 30%, furthermore tax revenue growth under Bush the 30% less then in the 90's. So basically the reason you are posting the things you post is because you are either to stupid to even under stand what you posting or you are deliberately being dishonest

Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

And (bonus) the rich paid an even higher percentage of the total tax burden than they had at any time in at least the previous 40 years.
Of course the rich are going to pay a higher percentage of total taxes the middle class and poor saw their income and wealth decline while the rich saw theres skyrocket. Only retard tools like you think its good that 80% of Americans are poorer

163 billion

bchinab.jpg

My god you liberals have become so desperate and so confused
JOBS? My god this spin never stops
same people, same spin
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt

2000...... 131,785 110,995 24,649 599 6,787 17,263
2001...... 131,826 110,708 23,873 606 6,826 16,441
2002...... 130,341 108,828 22,557 583 6,716 15,259
2003...... 129,999 108,416 21,816 572 6,735 14,509
2004...... 131,435 109,814 21,882 591 6,976 14,315
2005...... 133,703 111,899 22,190 628 7,336 14,227
2006...... 136,086 114,113 22,530 684 7,691 14,155
2007...... 137,598 115,380 22,233 724 7,630 13,879
2008...... 136,790 114,281 21,335 767 7,162 13,406
2009...... 130,807 108,252 18,558 694 6,016 11,847

2010...... 129,874 107,384 17,751 705 5,518 11,528
2011...... 131,359 109,254 18,021 784 5,504 11,733
Now there is no 8 million jobs lost any where here in any sector
HOLY SHOT STOP THIS LYING

ROTFL you're such a retard that you can't even do basic subtraction. Take total jobs in 2007 and compare to total jobs 2010. Go back to 2nd grade you retard

Why make this stuff up?

Almost all of the state actions concerning unions have applied to public employee unions which are bankrupting not only the states, but local communities. You might note that federal employee unions do not have any rights to negotiate pay or benefits, yet federal workers have decent pay and benefits. A few states have attempted to give workers the right not to be forced to join unions or pay union dues.

Most workers today see little, if any personal benefit to joining a union. I, for one, think that every American should have the right to make that choice. Unions are doing everything in their power to use government to force workers into the unions, or at least, force them to pay dues to the unions.

The Democrat party and union bosses have been operating a criminal enterprise for many years now, and bringing it to a stop is not union busting.

Why make this stuff up?

Almost all of the state actions concerning unions have applied to public employee unions which are bankrupting not only the states, but local communities. You might note that federal employee unions do not have any rights to negotiate pay or benefits, yet federal workers have decent pay and benefits. A few states have attempted to give workers the right not to be forced to join unions or pay union dues.

Most workers today see little, if any personal benefit to joining a union. I, for one, think that every American should have the right to make that choice. Unions are doing everything in their power to use government to force workers into the unions, or at least, force them to pay dues to the unions.

The Democrat party and union bosses have been operating a criminal enterprise for many years now, and bringing it to a stop is not union busting.

Less than 10% of all American workers belong to a union. You are so full of shit your eyes are brown.

Forum List

Back