JUST IN: Xfinity-Comcast Security Breach Compromises 36 Million Customers’ Contact Info, Passwords, Birthdates, Social Security Numbers

MAGA Macho Man

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2022
Linear Time

Xfinity hack affects nearly 36 million customers. Here's what to know.​

". . . Although Citrix patched the vulnerability in October, Xfinity learned that unauthorized users gained access to its internal systems between Oct. 16 and Oct. 19, revealing customer data. For some people, that included their names, contact information, account usernames and passwords, birthdates, parts of their Social Security numbers and answers to their security questions.

In addition to Xfinity, Citrix provides software to thousands of companies around the world. The previously-announced vulnerability, dubbed "Citrix Bleed," has also been linked to hacks targeting the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China's New York arm and a Boeing subsidiary, among others.

Under new federal rules that took effect Monday, the Securities Exchange Commission requires public companies to disclose all cybersecurity breaches that could affect their financial results within four days of determining a breach is material.. . . "

It completely escapes me why anyone would give out whole, or parts of their social security numbers to a company for internet or cable service. That boggles my mind.

I'm pretty sure it was only MAGA people affected.
Ahhhh. .. so you admit that the hackers are members of the Deep State, purposely attacking Americans in a naked political campaign now?

iu

No wonder a majority of Gen Z has the belief our nation will descend into civil war. . . especially when folks like you are out here admitting our middle managers are now doing the bidding of spooks by attacking MAGA supporters.

Wow, that's really disgusting.

What a shame this is where we are at.

:sigh2:

Forum List

Back