Just how much can you squeeze just for being a Neeeeegro?

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
President Barack Obama is sending a pointed message to Republicans by nominating Jack Lew as Treasury Secretary: I'm not backing down from this budget fight.

This is certainly a blow to any hope that Republicans might have had that Obama would flinch from his pledge not to negotiate over the debt ceiling. The president has said he will demand a clean bill raising the debt ceiling, unattached to any conditions or spending cuts.

King Barry will raise the debt ceiling, and spend like he is in his last term; ignoring congress, costitution etc.

President Barack Obama is sending a pointed message to Republicans by nominating Jack Lew as Treasury Secretary: I'm not backing down from this budget fight.

This is certainly a blow to any hope that Republicans might have had that Obama would flinch from his pledge not to negotiate over the debt ceiling. The president has said he will demand a clean bill raising the debt ceiling, unattached to any conditions or spending cuts.

That's because Congress already spent the money.

Not raising the debt ceiling would be like running up a bar tab on your maxed out credit card, and then blaming your recklessness on the credit card company for not raising your credit limit.

Last edited:

Did you have a point beyond declaring yourself a racist?

That's because Congress already spent the money.

Not raising the debt ceiling would be like running up a bar tab on your credit card, and then blaming the credit card company for not raising your credit limit.

So there should be no debate about the wisdom of running up a bar tab with no money in your pocket?

I think the GOP is on the right path to demand that the Senate pass a budget before another increase in the debt ceiling is approved. It has been four years since the Senate has fulfilled this Constitutional responsibility.

Last edited:
LEGISLATURE: Okay, this $3.4 trillion of spending is hereby approved. Send it!

EXECUTIVE: Um, fellas? My treasury department only collected $2 trillion in taxes. We are going to have to borrow $1.4 trillion from China and the Federal Reserve to meet the spending you have just obligated the US Government to.

LEGISLATURE: And?

EXECUTIVE: That would push us past the debt ceiling.

LEGISLATURE: You asshole!

RUBES: THAT FUCKING ******!

LEGISLATURE: We will NOT give you permission to raise the debt ceiling!

But, of course, we know they will. This is just theater for the rubes.

Last edited:
King Barry will raise the debt ceiling, and spend like he is in his last term; ignoring congress, costitution etc.

Congress has raised the debt ceiling with their expenditures

Obama is not allowing them to walk away from their obligations

EXECUTIVE: Um, fellas? My treasury department only collected $2 trillion in taxes. We are going to have to borrow $1.4 trillion from China and the Federal Reserve to meet the spending you have obligated the US Government to.

LEGISLATURE: You fucking asshole!

Back to playing the race card...

EXECUTIVE: Um, fellas? My treasury department only collected $2 trillion in taxes. We are going to have to borrow $1.4 trillion from China and the Federal Reserve to meet the spending you have obligated the US Government to.

yeah, playing the race card, that is racist.

beyond the pale, even.

Did you have a point beyond declaring yourself a racist?
Yes...do you think you would understand it if amplified?

The smartest among the Republicans in Congress realize what a loser proposition it is to try to hold the country hostage over the debt ceiling.

If you have leverage, it is over the new fiscal cliff - and that's not much more than they had with the last one. But it's STILL more than they have with the debt ceiling.

The smartest among the Republicans in Congress realize what a loser proposition it is to try to hold the country hostage over the debt ceiling.

If you have leverage, it is over the new fiscal cliff - and that's not much more than they had with the last one. But it's STILL more than they have with the debt ceiling.

Republicans don't have to do shit on the debt ceiling.

That's leverage.

You saw the topic title, right? Right?

Just how much can you squeeze just for being a Neeeeegro?

Republicans don't have to do shit on the debt ceiling.

That's leverage.

The Republicans approved the spending which exceeds the debt ceiling. If they do nothing, that spending does not happen, and the government shuts down.

So they will raise it. Simple fact.

They have no leverage.

Forum List

Back